The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So who has started and MLM company?

G-man422

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 5, 2011
Ohio, USA
I would like to talk to someone who has started an MLM company. If anyone has any informative sources on the subject it would be greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Nov 15, 2011
G-Man,

What would you like to know? I know three people whom have started MLM's and dozens whom have participated. Not that they don't work or can't make you wealthy, but neither side has reported any real success thus far. Doesn't mean I can't ask them some questions for you.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I would like to talk to someone who has started an MLM company. If anyone has any informative sources on the subject it would be greatly appreciated.

I started one around 1997. We made a few thousand, but had a hard time explaining the compensation plan to people who joined. Then we had a hard time actually getting them to re-sell for us after they bought. I think we got around 50 people to join, but they never brought another single person in.

Before that I was a manager for Equinox International LLC, which was the fastest growing company in the USA at that time. I got to see some amazing things during the startup of that company, and how MLM's really work from the inside out. The company ended up being broken up by the FTC and destroyed shortly after I left, and the founder has been forbidden to ever be involved in another MLM for the rest of his life. He was a very inspirational leader and salesman, but turned out he was not a nice guy at all behind closed doors.

I guess my advice would be to be careful that you don't break any laws, and make the compensation plan as simple as possible. That would be my best pieces of advice from the time I spent in MLM ;)

Cheers,

-Hakrjak

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma

G-man422

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 5, 2011
Ohio, USA
Thank you for the replies.

@ Hakrjak: A simple compensation plan sounds essential. Thank you.
@Pinnacle: That is a great site I have been devouring for the past week. Thanks for sharing.
@ AP: Thank you for the useful and informative link.

I know MLMs can offer products or services. In a service MLM, is there any major factor besides high quality customer service that is a must? I'm just thinking out loud here, but marketing seems like it would be the deciding factor if the company grows. How is the best way to deal with explosive growth as I have heard that is one thing that can kill an MLM very quickly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.