The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So I Quit Caffeine This Week... Should You?

Financial_Femme

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 11, 2023
I use to do 6 cups a day, of the standard instant coffee. Now switched to one quality coffee a day, and feel much better. Also replaced the dairy for oat milk and skipped the sugar. Next is to cut the sodas, like Lighthouse did.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fasted

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 18, 2021
UK
After abstaining from caffeine for four and a half months, the lingering withdrawal depression persisted, which may not be solely attributed to coffee.

Yesterday I had one cup of coffee, and my mood improved significantly, as if I had come back to life. Now I'm contemplating returning to a decaf lifestyle, but I'm afraid of experiencing the depression and negative moods again.
Same - I tried caffeine free. Didn’t like the depression. Gave up after around 3months because I just couldn’t shake the low mood and lack of motivation to meet daily tasks. Also noticed a decrease in sociability and just generally felt flat. Having said that I felt less jittery and slept deeper.

Won’t be doing it again because I don’t want to deal with the withdrawal. From what I’ve read it’s quite a long withdrawal, or can be.

So I drink a lot of the stuff. Also addicted to nicorette lozenges. Better than actual drugs/alcohol though so I’m not stressing too much.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Funny this thread popped up again, I had an upset stomach the other night into the day, And I usually drink a cup of coffee every morning. Wasn't feeling like I would be able to keep coffee down. So I skipped it and holy shit, Besides the caffeine headache and being exhausted, I felt depressed. I was questioning my entire life that day.

I've gone off and on caffeine multiple times, And I usually just wean my self off by drinking half-caf for a week or 2, Quitting cold turkey can be intense. Granted, I was on 2 hours of sleep and sick that day, But its scary when you realize how much of a hold it has on most people.

Will continue to enjoy my morning cup of black coffee though.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
I was pretty addicted to coffee, to the point where if I skipped a bit, then I would get debilitating headaches and nausea. This actually happened on a camping trip where I made coffee in the morning but gave most of it to the person I was with and forgot to drink some. By the end of the day I thought I was deadly will until I realized what happened.

Then, I had it happen again where I was feeling off after skipping one day, and couldn't get to sleep at night due to an intense headache. I actually went to a pharmacy that was open and found the smallest caffeine pill I could. Near instant relief and it helped me sleep, funnily enough.

Before I went on a long vacation, I ramped down my coffee from something about 4-6 a day to 1, over a few weeks. Didn't have any headaches or noticeable side effects. The hardest thing was just not making/getting another coffee.
By the time I flew overseas, with jetlag and everything, I didn't need to worry about having enough coffee. It was great.

Now, I am down to 1 a day for the most part (sometimes I'll have 2 but it's rare), except today. Today I decided to take zero just to see. It's getting close to noon with no ill effects. Haven't really noticed brain fog or anything like that, but I am taking creatine as my only supplement, and that seems to improve my focus when I take it.

My resting heart rate has dropped a little, but I think my sleep has improved the most.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.