The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So Frustrated With Myself, Need Some Wisdom.

Anything related to matters of the mind

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Lately I have become so lost. I feel like I'm going crazy. When people around me ask the problem I tell them the same thing. "I want to do something, build something. I don't have any money so I know that It has to be something I can bootstrap. Maybe a services business that doesn't take a lot of tools to start. But I'm well and truly lost and I'm fearful of wasting my life doing something and It being worthless."

I understand. We were never taught to be independent and entrepreneural at school. You are not getting crazy, you are merely nearing the boundary of conformity. Breach it, and you will be able to do things that no one else can. You are already thinking of providing needs for others...and that is noble. Nothing wasteful or worthless about it as long you move on from there.

You know what's wasteful or worthless?

Dedicating your life to sad meek Slowlane mediocrity.
Penny pinching till you are old and gray in a wheelchair with a million dollars in the bank....and a market crash swallows everything up. Saddest way to earn wealth.
Receiving the hypocrisy of finance gurus as gifts from heaven and practicing them to the core...even when it fails you. I have a friend still peddling a real estate investing scam from Guangzhou to his kin and friends, even though it's a goner and the news declared it a farce. Talk about denial.

Do what you can, work according to the Fastlane principles, and you will never need to be afraid of being lost, ever again.

Look for complaints. See what people are missing. Do you have problems yourself? Read up this book called Founders at Work by Jessica Livingston. Most successful startups are began not only by other's needs, but by the FOUNDERS' NEEDS themselves. For example, the guys behind Paypal transformed from a cryptography niche into internet banking because they wanted to solve the problem of fraud that was so rife in the early Internet days. They were the best in providing secure transactions even for themselves. I trust that you might find some hints here and there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dolf112

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 30, 2016
England
I understand. We were never taught to be independent and entrepreneural at school. You are not getting crazy, you are merely nearing the boundary of conformity. Breach it, and you will be able to do things that no one else can. You are already thinking of providing needs for others...and that is noble. Nothing wasteful or worthless about it as long you move on from there.

Penny pinching till you are old and gray in a wheelchair with a million dollars in the bank....and a market crash swallows everything up. Saddest way to earn wealth.
Receiving the hypocrisy of finance gurus as gifts from heaven and practicing them to the core...even when it fails you. I have a friend still peddling a real estate investing scam from Guangzhou to his kin and friends, even though it's a goner and the news declared it a farce. Talk about denial.

Do what you can, work according to the Fastlane principles, and you will never need to be afraid of being lost, ever again.

Look for complaints. See what people are missing. Do you have problems yourself? Read up this book called Founders at Work by Jessica Livingston. Most successful startups are began not only by other's needs, but by the FOUNDERS' NEEDS themselves. For example, the guys behind Paypal transformed from a cryptography niche into internet banking because they wanted to solve the problem of fraud that was so rife in the early Internet days. They were the best in providing secure transactions even for themselves. I trust that you might find some hints here and there.

Thank you for your words. I am happy to say that everybody that has replied has helped so much and my focus is somewhat realigning. Ideas to help people are already growing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.