ZF Lee
Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Lately I have become so lost. I feel like I'm going crazy. When people around me ask the problem I tell them the same thing. "I want to do something, build something. I don't have any money so I know that It has to be something I can bootstrap. Maybe a services business that doesn't take a lot of tools to start. But I'm well and truly lost and I'm fearful of wasting my life doing something and It being worthless."
I understand. We were never taught to be independent and entrepreneural at school. You are not getting crazy, you are merely nearing the boundary of conformity. Breach it, and you will be able to do things that no one else can. You are already thinking of providing needs for others...and that is noble. Nothing wasteful or worthless about it as long you move on from there.
You know what's wasteful or worthless?
Dedicating your life to sad meek Slowlane mediocrity.
Penny pinching till you are old and gray in a wheelchair with a million dollars in the bank....and a market crash swallows everything up. Saddest way to earn wealth.
Receiving the hypocrisy of finance gurus as gifts from heaven and practicing them to the core...even when it fails you. I have a friend still peddling a real estate investing scam from Guangzhou to his kin and friends, even though it's a goner and the news declared it a farce. Talk about denial.
Do what you can, work according to the Fastlane principles, and you will never need to be afraid of being lost, ever again.
Look for complaints. See what people are missing. Do you have problems yourself? Read up this book called Founders at Work by Jessica Livingston. Most successful startups are began not only by other's needs, but by the FOUNDERS' NEEDS themselves. For example, the guys behind Paypal transformed from a cryptography niche into internet banking because they wanted to solve the problem of fraud that was so rife in the early Internet days. They were the best in providing secure transactions even for themselves. I trust that you might find some hints here and there.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
