The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Smoking

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
P.S. I don't like the feeling I have no after smoking compared to when I didn't, so maybe it's worth it to stop for the reason alone :frown:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I agree with the posts before me that smoking is bad, but in my unprofessional opinion, if you're increasing your antidepressant intake in place of smoking, then that's even worse.

Here's what I take for the nicotine high.

It's 3mg a pouch. I started taking it not for the nicotine, but because I like the structure more than gum. I can keep it in my mouth for 2-3 hours and still get a little bit of flavor out of it.

It's like the snus that @jon.M mentioned, but nowhere near as disgusting.There's no spitting, smoking, or tobacco. The products that give you cancer are gone. All that's left is nicotine which probably messes up your brain chemistry a tiny bit but is worth the tradeoff to stress (maybe someone here has a perspective on why I'm wrong... I'd appreciate it if I'm messing up).

Every 2-4 weeks, once you start building a tolerance, take a week off. Don't take any nicotine. Reset.

The same way I reset for caffeine, I reset for nicotine. During the reset week, sleep longer, spend more time reading/watching tv/relaxing, etc. Keep your mind occupied. Let your body go through a week of mild pain, and then go back to functioning with a reset tolerance as you were before.

QFP

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Apr 26, 2017
UK
I agree with the posts before me that smoking is bad, but in my unprofessional opinion, if you're increasing your antidepressant intake in place of smoking, then that's even worse.
interesting in that tobacco can act as an monoamine oxidase inhibitor which effectively is an antidepressant activity.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Update, I haven' smoked since yesterday morning. I gave my last half pack to a homeless guy lol.
I kinda want to smoke again, but I don't really crave it cuz it just leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

As you read this, quit. Decide now that you quit. Crush your last cigarettes an throw them away, even if it's a fresh pack. There's not a single reason to lighten up another one.
Gave them away!

View attachment 28658

Here's what I take for the nicotine high.

It's 3mg a pouch. I started taking it not for the nicotine, but because I like the structure more than gum. I can keep it in my mouth for 2-3 hours and still get a little bit of flavor out of it.

It's like the snus that @jon.M mentioned, but nowhere near as disgusting.There's no spitting, smoking, or tobacco. The products that give you cancer are gone. All that's left is nicotine which probably messes up your brain chemistry a tiny bit but is worth the tradeoff to stress (maybe someone here has a perspective on why I'm wrong... I'd appreciate it if I'm messing up).

Every 2-4 weeks, once you start building a tolerance, take a week off. Don't take any nicotine. Reset.

The same way I reset for caffeine, I reset for nicotine. During the reset week, sleep longer, spend more time reading/watching tv/relaxing, etc. Keep your mind occupied. Let your body go through a week of mild pain, and then go back to functioning with a reset tolerance as you were before.
I was going to increase my anti-depressant dose anyways. I'm on the lowest dose as it island my doctor said it might be a good idea to increase it. So I'm not really substituting it for nicotine.

I'm gonna do like who you said, keep myself occupied as much as possible.

Thanks for the mint recommendations!

interesting in that tobacco can act as an monoamine oxidase inhibitor which effectively is an antidepressant activity.
Nicotine activates the pleasure part of your brain. There's no denying it makes you feel good (of course that's why people smoke). Nicotine does have negative impacts on your physical health though, but than again, so does stress. Guess it's a trade-off

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.