Hi, how’s it going?
Very sorry if I've posted this topic in the incorrect place - but it seemed most like the most relevant area.
I'm not too sure how much of this is applicable to you guys as I am british and I'm sure that we have different legislation relating to banking over here to you Americans but...
I have a question regarding Credit Rating/ Score repair that I would really appreciate your help with.
Just over a year ago now I became disheartened and decided to leave my (£25k per annum) full time job in construction to pursue a full time degree in my passion: Business management and Entrepreneurship. Everything went well with the transition into academics (although I am now a broke student); my Girlfriend has been very, very supportive financially, I got the maximum student loan I could and I also got a part time job without too much trouble.
However I still have the responsibility to repay:
Natwest bank personal loan (£12k)
Natwest bank overdraft (£1200)
HSBC bank overdraft (£450)
Alliance & Leicester bank overdraft (£1300)
I then contacted a Consumer Credit Counselling service whom advised me to pay what I could afford to pay to my creditors.
All of my debts were then eventually passed on to debt collection agencies who have accepted these small minimum payments.
I believe that my credit score and rating is in an awful state. I know that I will need to rely on banks to lend me money in the future to leverage my business ideas
So I’d really appreciate your practical advice on…
Very sorry if I've posted this topic in the incorrect place - but it seemed most like the most relevant area.
I'm not too sure how much of this is applicable to you guys as I am british and I'm sure that we have different legislation relating to banking over here to you Americans but...
I have a question regarding Credit Rating/ Score repair that I would really appreciate your help with.
Just over a year ago now I became disheartened and decided to leave my (£25k per annum) full time job in construction to pursue a full time degree in my passion: Business management and Entrepreneurship. Everything went well with the transition into academics (although I am now a broke student); my Girlfriend has been very, very supportive financially, I got the maximum student loan I could and I also got a part time job without too much trouble.
However I still have the responsibility to repay:
Natwest bank personal loan (£12k)
Natwest bank overdraft (£1200)
HSBC bank overdraft (£450)
Alliance & Leicester bank overdraft (£1300)
I then contacted a Consumer Credit Counselling service whom advised me to pay what I could afford to pay to my creditors.
All of my debts were then eventually passed on to debt collection agencies who have accepted these small minimum payments.
I believe that my credit score and rating is in an awful state. I know that I will need to rely on banks to lend me money in the future to leverage my business ideas
So I’d really appreciate your practical advice on…
- How I can improve my credit rating and score?
- Do I have to pay the total balance of my debts to improve my credit rating?
- Would you advise paying off my total debts before starting a business (even though I am currently paying under £20pcm to service my debts)?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
