The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Single for a year

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Agoleglo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 20, 2021
Hi everyone,
I just want to start off by saying this is the most honest I will be. I chose this forum because it is for self development.
I spent eight years torturing myself over a guy and his relationship, but in my defense, he made an online school called relationship 101 - which I viewed as his relationship.
Last weekend, after accidently inhaling 5 or 6 marijuana cookies in a binge eating, my life is so terrible, thought they were just regular cookies, I ended up at the hospital and where I considered rock bottom.
I was in a wheelchair and I couldn't open my eyes to see where I was, I felt horrible and I remember asking if anyone is around to help. Yes okay, it was more pathetic then that as I screamed "please somebody help me", oh dear God I've become the biggest loser. I did see someone in a black women's jacket approach me before warning her to ignore me, I am just high off too many cookies. I asked the doctor if I'd ever be acceptable in society and he replied well that's hard to tell.
I decided this was it, changes have to be made. I would become the me I have been missing by being single for a year and focusing on my life's goals. After all, the men are better after one year?
I'm finding it difficult to stay focused at the begining and feel like I'm missing out on men and sex.
I got an entry level job, a part time job and I plan on expanding. I moved in with my friend and I joined a gym. It feels like I have done so much but it's been a day .. I started a journal on my one year single and things I will be doing in search of buddies to support me and vise versa!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Conquest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 10, 2021
Albany, New York
This certainly was a lot at once. Still, I can understand the feeling of overwhelm and desperately hoping there is something better. Fortunately, there is.

I would recommend using most of your free time for self-discovery. It is important to learn as much about yourself, your triggers, and your faults so that you can conquer the enemy within. Once you do so, you can adequately tackle life and the problems on the outside.

A great starting point is to learn the importance of locus of control, growth mindset, and uncovering limiting beliefs. There are plenty of books, videos, and articles you can pick from.

It seems what you need most is clarity and peace of mind. Getting into another relationship immediately will stall you in doing the important self-discovery you desperately need now.

Most people on this forum I imagine have already gone through these stages, and gotten past the darkest days, and are able to use these lessons to focus on external goals. You will find this is a forum centered around entrepreneurship and not focused on the form of self-help you are likely seeking. So you may not get the responses you are looking for.

I wish you all the best, good luck!

Agoleglo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 20, 2021
I gather that and I am an entrepreneur. I do skilled trades, working my way into interior design and cleaning contracts. I had a set back and my self development was premature since a romantic obsession turned into just that after the guy stupidly invaded my space, took over my networks and hundred my growth. It bothers me to be doing this at a point where everyone else has done it but it's just my time, and we all have our own time. I appreciate being on this forum and find such inspiration from other posters. If I don't get as much responses to my posts, I still enjoy reading all yours!

estheticparadis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 7, 2021
Hi everyone,
I just want to start off by saying this is the most honest I will be. I chose this forum because it is for self development.
I spent eight years torturing myself over a guy and his relationship, but in my defense, he made an online school called relationship 101 - which I viewed as his relationship.
Last weekend, after accidently inhaling 5 or 6 marijuana cookies in a binge eating, my life is so terrible, thought they were just regular cookies, I ended up at the hospital and where I considered rock bottom.
I was in a wheelchair and I couldn't open my eyes to see where I was, I felt horrible and I remember asking if anyone is around to help. Yes okay, it was more pathetic then that as I screamed "please somebody help me", oh dear God I've become the biggest loser. I did see someone in a black women's jacket approach me before warning her to ignore me, I am just high off too many cookies. I asked the doctor if I'd ever be acceptable in society and he replied well that's hard to tell.
I decided this was it, changes have to be made. I would become the me I have been missing by being single for a year and focusing on my life's goals. After all, the men are better after one year?
I'm finding it difficult to stay focused at the begining and feel like I'm missing out on men and sex.
I got an entry level job, a part time job and I plan on expanding. I moved in with my friend and I joined a gym. It feels like I have done so much but it's been a day .. I started a journal on my one year single and things I will be doing in search of buddies to support me and vise versa!
God Bless

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.