The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Simple innovated idea for a common gym problem!

Idea threads

Kevin5563

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 22, 2023
What do you guys think of this simple gym innovation solution for a common gym problem?

Hi, everyone! I’ll keep it short. As a weightlifter for over 10 years, I’ve noticed a common issue in the gym: people taking your machines when you’re away. whether for a quick chat, restroom break, front desk visit, or you’re super setting between sets, It’s frustrating. I’ve come up with a solution: male/female coloured facecloths or towels with phrases ‘sry it’s taken,’ ‘still usin it,’ or ‘in use.’ You would lay this on your machine or bench instead of holding your spot with a typical water bottle or phone and potentially losing it. These towels not only keep people away, but also absorb sweat and can clean your gym bench or seats. I’ve never seen or heard of anyone addressing this common issue, so I’m eager to start production and test the market. Share your thoughts and let me know if you’d consider buying them at an affordable price. Thanks!

I’ll post some images for inspirationView attachment 52841View attachment 52842View attachment 52844

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Have you tried your prototype in your own gym? Did it work? Did anyone ask you "where can I get one of those?"?

What is the cost?

What the demand?

Will anyone hate it?

Why is this problem (which frankly is very common!) still exists for you to solve?

How do you calculate potential profit margin? Sale price vs cost of production?

What feedback from gym ownership/management did you get?

Etc...

Kevin5563

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 22, 2023
These arent the images i would be using guys haha the design would be completely different. Its just the idea of it. Thanks

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
I invented a magnetic sign that not only did this but displayed how many sets you had left. It was one of my first progress posts here and I failed publicly and spectacularly. It was exposed to the market (gym users on social media), and many disliked it/thought it was useless. I also talked to several gyms and they didn't see the appeal either.

No disrespect, but I don't see this getting super far based on my experiences. This product is just not wanted.

matteblack

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 1, 2023
India
What do you guys think of this simple gym innovation solution for a common gym problem?

Hi, everyone! I’ll keep it short. As a weightlifter for over 10 years, I’ve noticed a common issue in the gym: people taking your machines when you’re away. whether for a quick chat, restroom break, front desk visit, or you’re super setting between sets, It’s frustrating. I’ve come up with a solution: male/female coloured facecloths or towels with phrases ‘sry it’s taken,’ ‘still usin it,’ or ‘in use.’ You would lay this on your machine or bench instead of holding your spot with a typical water bottle or phone and potentially losing it. These towels not only keep people away, but also absorb sweat and can clean your gym bench or seats. I’ve never seen or heard of anyone addressing this common issue, so I’m eager to start production and test the market. Share your thoughts and let me know if you’d consider buying them at an affordable price. Thanks!

I’ll post some images for inspirationView attachment 52841View attachment 52842
create ads and bring them to your website and once they reach payment , let it show you do not stock right now and collect their emails
good way for getting to know whether people want this things or not
and dont care about opinion of this forum , what matters is the opinion of the buyers and people who might need this things
cost of initial website and ads will not matter anyway in the long term if it works
if it does not work you can get away without having to bear inventory costs.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Good that you're thinking about solving problems but personally, I would think people would take advantage of it, use it to reserve a machine while they piss around doing something else. To try and build a whole business and brand around a reserved towel probably ain't it. If I'm in the gym and need a toilet break/water refill or whatever just laying my standard towel on the equipment has the same effect?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Honestly, just having a water bottle or set of keys next to the machine or bench works fine.

Also, why do you think you can reserve the machine when you’re having a quick chat, going to the bathroom or talking to the front desk? Come on.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
This is dumb and will only increase frustration... nothing worse than 1 guy claiming a bunch of machines that he's 'using'.

Non problem! Onto the next OP, don't be discouraged.

Kevin5563

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 22, 2023
I invented a magnetic sign that not only did this but displayed how many sets you had left. It was one of my first progress posts here and I failed publicly and spectacularly. It was exposed to the market (gym users on social media), and many disliked it/thought it was useless. I also talked to several gyms and they didn't see the appeal either.

No disrespect, but I don't see this getting super far based on my experiences. This product is just not wanted.
Thanks for the response man, this is good to keep in mind

Kevin5563

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 22, 2023
This is dumb and will only increase frustration... nothing worse than 1 guy claiming a bunch of machines that he's 'using'.

Non problem! Onto the next OP, don't be discouraged.
Appreciate it, thanks just something I thought of a couple days ago. Nothing was set in stone

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
It's not your machine.

If you're not using it and not very close to it, everyone will assume it's free and as they are paying for it they can use it.

End of discussion.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.