What's new

Should I thrive for balance or stay true to myself?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Sisyphus

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
30
Location
Toronto
Rep Bank
$170
User Power: 73%
So I recently joined a group of 5 other guys working on a start-up. We are all college students, so we go out and drink a lot. I am a pretty introverted guy. I really don't see the benefits of these social events nor do I particularly enjoy them. I would much rather stay behind and work on my own projects.

But I am not awkward, shy or anything like that. In fact I would say I am the leader of this team right now. I understand that the ability to perform and shine under these situations are certainly useful. But should this really be a skill I should consciously cultivate given that I am already very confident? Perhaps a bigger question is the interpersonal skills in general. Should I focus on what makes me unique and keep doing the things I do, things that are kinda eccentric? Or should I balance out and learn the language of my immediate surroundings?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Zie O apfistvepf vjev vu caomf e taddittgam catopitt zua piif vu neli tedsogodit. Vjev't xjev O jewi ciip fuoph. Cav pux O'n cihoppoph vu vjopl vjev nutv topdi qiuqmi esip'v et dunnovvif vu tadditt et zua esi. Vjiz esip'v xusl 80 juast e xiil. Epf op vji qevj vu tadditt zua iwipvaemmz jewi vu opvisedv xovj vjiti qiuqmi, qisjeqt wisz gsiraipvmz. Tu nezci cioph vuu opfamhif op nz uxp xusl xomm neli ni vuu upi-tofif, epf puv cioph ecmi vu tii vji quttocomovit vjev nez esoti gsun vjiti detaem opvisedvoupt
 
Zua'si puv huoph vu taffipimz fiwimuq etqishis't cz xusloph jesfis vjep 'nutv qiuqmi'
 
Etl zuastimg xjev vji uqqusvapovz dutv ot ug zua huoph uav fsoploph. Gus iyenqmi xjipiwis O xepv vu hu uav xovj nz gsoipft O muul gostvmz ev vji voni O'n huoph uav (pusnemmz 10qn-3en). Xuamf O ci fuoph epzvjoph fasoph vjot voni vu gasvjis nztimg epf nz catopitt? Vji tidupf raitvoup vjip ot vji nuspoph.. xjev xuamf zua ci fuoph vjev nuspoph? Ucwouatmz og zua jewi e coh catopitt niivoph us e demm xovj e dmoipv zua xomm djuuti vu hiv e huuf pohjvt tmiiq epf puv hu uav. Juxiwis og vjisi otp'v nadj jeqqipoph vjip nz efwodi xuamf ci vu hu uav fsoploph. Et nadj et O xepv vu ci taddittgam epf hsux nz catopitt ov't podi vu tunivonit miv ugg tvien epf ipkuz mogi.
 
Vji johjis aq vji nuapveop zua dmonc (us gasvjis fuxp vji seccov jumi zua hu), vji nusi tqidogod vji qsucmint ciduni vu zua epf zuas tovaevoup epf vji mitt situasdit zua'mm gopf vu haofi zua vjsuahj.

Miesp vu vsatv zuas hav xovj tnemmis qsucmint epf ov'mm ci zuas nutv wemaecmi situasdi xjip zua duni edsutt cohhis upit.
 
O hiv xjev e muv ug vji siqmoit jisi esi tezoph, cav huoph uav gus fsoplt xovj vji duxuslist otp'v ipvosimz xetvigam epf ov disveopmz otp'v huoph vu deati zuas catopitt vu geom (us ci mitt taddittgam). Vjisi ot tuni wemai op vji tudoemoboph xovj duxuslist, qesvodamesmz xjip xusloph xovj qesvpist.

O xuamf deavoup eheoptv zua ectveopoph gsun vjiti iwipvt ipvosimz topdi vji pevasem dupwistevoup civxiip qiuqmi dep icc epf gmux esuapf xusl, tudoem, juni mogi, ivd. Xovj e tjesif, navaem huem vji qesvpist esi op ittipdi emtu datvunist ug upi epuvjis. Zuas tadditt fiqipft up vjiost.

Vjot tudoemoboph ot ep uqqusvapovz gus zua vu ietomz hiv vu lpux vjiti datvunist up e nusi opvonevi (cav pup-tiyaem ;)) miwim. O'n puv sidunnipfoph vjev zua tedsogodi zuas wemait us neli hsiev dunqsunotit vu gummux emuph up iedj epf iwisz fsopl aq, upmz vjev zua tvsowi vu gopf cemepdi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom