The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I stay or should I go?

Anything related to matters of the mind

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
Stay at my parents and live for free and be able to focus on business(girlfriend about to studie in another town)

Or take a offer from a soccer team to play with them till June but have to move to the capital.

Problem with moving is this will cost me more than if I stayed at home, no office in my new apartment(renting a room) staying with a friend so he will probably disturb alot.
But I'm mainly thinking of the increasing costs. Rent, new gym card and money for the buses and so on.

These cost I don't have to worry about when staying with my parents.

So should I stay or should I go?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

teabag

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jun 21, 2013
Australia
Stay at my parents and live for free and be able to focus on business(girlfriend about to studie in another town)

Or take a offer from a soccer team to play with them till June but have to move to the capital.

Problem with moving is this will cost me more than if I stayed at home, no office in my new apartment(renting a room) staying with a friend so he will probably disturb alot.
But I'm mainly thinking of the increasing costs. Rent, new gym card and money for the buses and so on.

These cost I don't have to worry about when staying with my parents.

So should I stay or should I go?

With the encouragement of the experienced forum members, I moved out of home. Best f.u.c.k.i.n.g decision I ever made.

I lived at home for free, but really - you're a prisoner. Not to that extreme, but your bound to the rules of the home, family commitments etc. I'm not saying to not see your family, but being away from them and not being in each others faces 24/7 AND surviving on your own changes your life.

On another note, if you play football - is there any chance you will be earning in the millions?

If so, football is the way to go.

If not. Well... you know what to do.

Last edited:

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
With the encouragement of the experienced forum members, I moved out of home. Best f.u.c.k.i.n.g decision I ever made.

I lived at home for free, but really - you're a prisoner. Not to that extreme, but your bound to the rules of the home, family commitments etc. I'm not saying to not see your family, but being away from them and not being in each others faces 24/7 AND surviving on your own changes your life.

On another note, if you play football - is there any chance you will be earning in the millions?

If so, football is the way to go.

If not. Well... you know what to do.

thanks for your answer, im having a really tough time making up my mind! I will not be able to make millions in playing soccer! So thats out of the questions.

My brain goes like save the 1000 dollars in rent and put them where you can earn some, or travel with them, buy a computer and so on. As you guys seen im my other threads im on the cheap side :)

And also my family is never in my way, lets me do almost what i want!

Damn how can this be so hard?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
Thanks again! Sometimes I know I should really go but sometimes I also think that to much stuff that can disturb me if moving.

I need to improve my skill to make decisions!

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I take it this is a proper soccer team. If you don't go you will miss the experience and you will always wonder "what if..."

Opportunities are there to be seized as, by their very nature, they have a finite life. Your parents on the other hand will always be your parents.

Don't not go because it will cost you money. Standing on your own two feet will make a man of you and your resourcefulness in paying your way will provide a great start to your entrepreneurial education.

Speedster

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Feb 18, 2015
Are you making any money at the moment? If you are, move out asap.
On the other hand, if you are not making any money, spend another month or two with your parents until you secure an income.
Moving out without a source of income is not a good idea in my opinion.

RichyV

Death Is Winning. Do Something.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Aug 31, 2014
Moving out without a source of income is not a good idea in my opinion.

Worst case scenario.. they end up back with their parents and can secure an income.

Standing on your own two feet will make a man of you and your resourcefulness in paying your way will provide a great start to your entrepreneurial education.

I agree, take it from someone who moved back in with their parents as it allowed me to save more money.. I regret it.

Don't choose the easier paths in life. The ones that cause discomfort and uncertainty are the ones that will force you to grow.

Speedster

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Feb 18, 2015
Worst case scenario.. they end up back with their parents and can secure an income.

....in debt, disappointed and miserable.

I moved out when I had an income that would support all my expenses. Living by myself is one of the best decisions I've made. However, the benefits of moving out, without any sort of income, don't outweigh the negative side.

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
Sounds like just that experience is worth it.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
thanks for your answers!

When im reading stories on this forum, people seem to fight time and put all their work into growing a business. And here im moving and "wasting" time on playing soccer. Is this really smart=

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
thanks for your answers!

When im reading stories on this forum, people seem to fight time and put all their work into growing a business. And here im moving and "wasting" time on playing soccer. Is this really smart=
We can't make your life decisions for you. Stop looking for validation, stop doubting yourself. Make a damn decision and then do it

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
thanks for your answers!

As @Waisech says you have enough information now so stop sitting on the fence and make a decision. It's not rocket science. Time to cut the umbilical cord and grow a pair.

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
Not sure you're wasting time playing soccer. Even if you don't think you'll ever make millions as an athlete, you may be able to parlay your experience and love for the game into a business opportunity. Heck, being a former athlete, even if you never become a household name, will open doors in unrelated fields. I have a friend who mostly warmed the bench for a couple of lackluster seasons in the NBA. However, that resume gets him in a lot of doors that would otherwise be closed.

Cheers,
O-2

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
....in debt, disappointed and miserable.
the benefits of moving out, without any sort of income, don't outweigh the negative side.

What are you, this kid's mom?
Sometimes you need to be in debt, disappointed, and miserable.

You need to be hungry to appreciate a bowl of soup.
You need to sleep outside to appreciate a warm bed.
Life's not about avoiding pain. Pain is temporary.
You can always bounce back.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
What are you, this kid's mom?
Sometimes you need to be in debt, disappointed, and miserable.

You need to be hungry to appreciate a bowl of soup.
You need to sleep outside to appreciate a warm bed.
Life's not about avoiding pain. Pain is temporary.
You can always bounce back.

wow this was great!!! -life is not about avoiding pain. Thanks alot brother!

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
so guys i told my current team that im leaving, they want me to stay so they offered me about 1k dollar each month to practise 3 times a week and 1 game.

At the moment im just playing for fun so 1k dollar each month is pretty awsome. I will be the only one in my team getting payed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.