The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I keep his name in the credits?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Whats going on guys. On the side (from time to time) I work for Machinima.com.

If you don't know what it is, its basically the partner program for youtube but through the Machinima channel. I'm a director on there and its nearly impossible to reach that level anymore so I kind of make use of it. Its extra money, and its also fun.

So, you really can make a living off of this. While I'm not so concerned with the cash right now, its more or less the publicity. My content is pretty decent, and I have NO problem working my way up to the top (See, I've had a contract longer than almost anyone on there ,but I haven't been as religious in terms of posting as they have). So its not like I am blaming anyone else for not getting to a higher rank or seriously making it work for me. Its entirely on me.

Anyway, my buddy had an idea (This is a kid I met off XBL and he lives in australia. I've know him for about a year now).

There is this big machinima guy, he has about 2 million subscribers, and my friend (The kid in AU) knows that kids girlfriend.

She agreed to voice act in one of our shorts and by doing so, she would help us publicize it. I thought "Ok, this should be fun!". Granted, if she didn't want to do it, I wouldn't have involved him.

Here is why-

I created the idea for the short
I edited the entire thing
I directed the entire thing
I did ALL of the voice work for the 4 characters
I have the machinima contract.

He helped act in it via the game, which I could have gotten anyone to do.

I agreed to put his channel in the description because if this girl would have done it, it would have been thanks to him. Because of him knowing her, we would have gotten more views.

Now that its finished (I haven't rendered it yet, I was waiting for his response in regards to getting her to voice act), hes starting to back out. "Eh, I think we should just use her another time, ect, ect"

So now I'm like "Wait, I just did everything, why should I add your youtube channel in the description?"

I didn't actually say that, but its what I'm thinking.

See, even if I upload this all alone by myself, I'm still gonna get around 35-40 thousand views.

Yeah know, I'm not using anyone, but this is different. If you're in something together, HOLD UP ON YOUR END!!

So any help would be awesome!!!:icon_super:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
How many subs do you have? What's your channel? Who is the guy with 2m subs? FPS Russia? CaptainSparklez?

If you do commentary for the same game, you have 1000k (example) subs, and he has 2m subs, most of the people subbed to you are probably already subbed to him, right? Why don't you have him include a link/annotation in one of his videos to go to your channel as well? Theoretically, you should get more views because of it, and should get more subs from his video than he does from yours.

jaywolf

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jul 31, 2012
Whats going on guys. On the side (from time to time) I work for Machinima.com.

My first experience with machinima was after I played Half-Life 2 (imo one of the best games ever). I was so impressed with the game it made me want to learn character animation, and I started learning how to use faceposer (which is the buggiest piece of shit software I have ever used - and it was unfortunate that there was barely any support for it). For all its faultiness and shittiness though, I was able to create some amazing stuff with it, and even created a small cult-following with my videos. I'm glad that piece of crap has since been deprecated with source filmmaker, maybe I'll finally be able to finish what I started one day.

If you want to check out my work, you can see it here. (keep in mind this was back in 2006-7 when I was viewed almost as a pioneer using faceposer, because most of the garbage people put out was stop-motion animation style Garry's Mod videos). Alyx Vance Sings Missing by Evanescence (Updated) - YouTube

I will say this though, RayKoefoed was the only other guy at the time putting out what I felt was "quality" material using faceposer, he was better than me :)

As far as your situation, just be persistent in having her be used for it, don't take no for an answer. Let him make the choice whether he wants to be part of it or not, but simply demand what you want.

Hope that helps.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.