The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I buy this app on Flippa? (Month-over-month growth)

jetsetter883

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Mar 15, 2012
Yeah I know. Flippa sucks.

However, this app stuck out to me quite a bit and may well be among the "1%" of legitimate assets for sale on there.

It is an SEO app that ranks #1 on the App Store for "SEO" and essentially allows users to conduct website due diligence on the go in the form of mini audits (enter URL to get site performance data, backlinks, social metrics, etc). There are a handful of desktop SaaS solutions that do this, however very few mobile offerings.

SEO Tools - Website SEO Check and Keyword Tool on the App Store

I have been torturing the poor seller with questions to the point where he is second guessing selling to me. However this is exactly what I want. For if he was eager to flip it as fast as possible he would likely spit out any old promises just to get it out of his hands. At this point my only skepticism is over the fact that its on Flippa to begin with, but apart from that I am pretty optimistic about it.

I would like to get your guys' thoughts on this as the numbers look pretty good. He even added me to his iTunes Connect account so that I can verify the numbers for myself. I have attached the screenshots to this message.

I'd be grateful to whomever can share their thoughts with me on this potential purchase, which is priced around 10k.

Is there anything in particular that I should definitely be asking him?

Many thanks in advance

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• app1.png
    app1.png
    326.6 KB · Views: 21
  • app2.png
    app2.png
    292.7 KB · Views: 20
  • app3.png
    app3.png
    239.9 KB · Views: 20
  • app4.png
    app4.png
    346.3 KB · Views: 21

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
After getting burned a couple of times on Flippa trying to my websites, here's my go to resource that I share with others looking to do the same. Go to this forum, specifically the "due diligence" sub-forum and read the stickies.

Due Diligence and Gotchas!

You should repost the OP there, and see what they say.

I don't know anything about purchasing apps, so I won't weigh in on that.

oldirty

Shark Hunter
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
May 14, 2017
USA
What is so bad about Flippa? I had never heard of it until your post. Looked it up quick, seems like an interesting idea, at least the app side of it. Just curious, thanks.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013