The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I be investing some of my income? (Crypto, ETFs, stocks etc.)

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

leonft

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 24, 2022
Hey guys,

BTW I am not asking for financial advice, just wanted to hear your thoughts

I'm starting to make some income off my business, nothing crazy, but for my age (16 yr) it's not too bad and much better than working at a fast food chain.

I am definitely making more than I spend and my bank account is growing each month. But what I've read is that, especially during the current economic climate, you should be investing a percentage of your income each month and DCA.

It sounds like a good idea on paper, especially since it seems like a waste to keep money in my bank, while the value of it slowly decreases.

I have dabbled in the crypto space last year, but only lost money. I've never invested in stocks and less keen to, since I don't really have enough money to make that worthwhile and would have to get my parents to make me an account (with crypto I can open one myself).

So with that being said, my current plan is to invest monthly, with 10% of my entire capital, into Ethereum (ETH), as it is one of the only cryptocurrencies I believe in and one of the safer cryptos. Also if I'm DCAing then I don't need to time the market so much.

Another option could be to invest this 10% into tech ETFs or the S&P 500... but idk

Let me know your thoughts and your personal experiences with this,

Thanks so much!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
If you're 16 and making money, I assume you aren't making five or six figures a month so I would save this money and use it either to fund your business or to spend it on useful education (books, courses, coaching).

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
Every bit of cash that's not invested in something gets eaten away by inflation. Investing is not limited to buying financial assets, since you can also invest in items or services that improve your quality of life and earning ability.

leonft

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 24, 2022
If you're 16 and making money, I assume you aren't making five or six figures a month so I would save this money and use it either to fund your business or to spend it on useful education (books, courses, coaching).
Yep that definitely makes sense.
I can pretty much just reinvest most of the money I make back into my business

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

If I were starting over, I'd put 100% of my money into my business ventures as those are capable of asymmetric returns.

If you truly can't do that, I'd stick with dividend stocks, or an indexed fund like VOO or VTI.

Unscripted has more information on how to build a money system.

very bit of cash that's not invested in something gets eaten away by inflation.

Sometimes that's better than losing 22% in the market. Inflation is 9%.

People get so worried about inflation, then lose 30% in the bond market, or elsewhere.

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 12, 2022
+ note the value of having liquid capital to take advantage of pressing deals.

Keep an eye out for excellent opportunities. The great ones often go quick. Don't "invest" in a business, including your own, just because you have cash sitting around. Each investment should have an expected return.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.