The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I add Email Signup If Im selling products & My Competition Does Not

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
Hi Im selling some products and Im wondering if I should have an email subscription on my website.. I did some research and I noticed none of my competition is doing this so would it be pointless if I did?

Also I offer free design to my costumers and I have my phone on there is that a bad idea? I would like your honest opinions..

http://myadvertisingflags.com/

Thanks,
Ruben

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Hi Im selling some products and Im wondering if I should have an email subscription on my website.. I did some research and I noticed none of my competition is doing this so would it be pointless if I did?

Also I offer free design to my costumers and I have my phone on there is that a bad idea? I would like your honest opinions..

http://myadvertisingflags.com/

Thanks,
Ruben

I can't think of any reason NOT to have an e-mail signup. Even if you have a very unique product that people can only buy from you (unlikely), people have a really short attention span and memory. They might buy something from you one day, or just visit your site and then forget about you the next. That's why an e-mail signup is such a great marketing and sales tool. You can send out periodic e-mails to your list letting them know about a new product, or just giving them some tips relevant to their business, etc.

I think having your phone number on your site is a good idea - it inspires trust. Later on, you could get a toll-free number when you get up and rolling a little bit more.

Alana

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 16, 2012
In the middle of a national forest (in N. CA)
I can't think of any reason NOT to have an e-mail signup.

I think having your phone number on your site is a good idea - it inspires trust.

I agree with Mayana about the email sign up, however, here's my take on your phone number: Just make sure that you are have a professional message recorded on your voice mail. In other words, if the message on your phone currently is along the lines of "Whaddup. It's Ruben...give me a shout out and I'll hit you up when I can" then I'd say get another line (OR change your recording).

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
I can't think of any reason NOT to have an e-mail signup. Even if you have a very unique product that people can only buy from you (unlikely), people have a really short attention span and memory. They might buy something from you one day, or just visit your site and then forget about you the next. That's why an e-mail signup is such a great marketing and sales tool. You can send out periodic e-mails to your list letting them know about a new product, or just giving them some tips relevant to their business, etc.

I think having your phone number on your site is a good idea - it inspires trust. Later on, you could get a toll-free number when you get up and rolling a little bit more.

Great Point thanks! But what about my competition? Cant they sign up to my email list and find out my email promotion deals and beat them? But then again they have there own list/customers and I can have my own..

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
I agree with Mayana about the email sign up, however, here's my take on your phone number: Just make sure that you are have a professional message recorded on your voice mail. In other words, if the message on your phone currently is along the lines of "Whaddup. It's Ruben...give me a shout out and I'll hit you up when I can" then I'd say get another line (OR change your recording).

Great Point! Right now I just have operator message saying "you called phone #leave your message" (Generic message)

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Great Point thanks! But what about my competition? Cant they sign up to my email list and find out my email promotion deals and beat them? But then again they have there own list/customers and I can have my own..

Usually, competitors are not quite as devious, but even if they are (which they would be smart to be - and so would you), it's the chance you take. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Especially with technologies, there really is no such thing as a secret anymore anyways.

ewH

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Oct 30, 2012
But what about my competition? Cant they sign up to my email list and find out my email promotion deals and beat them?

What's the alternative? To hide the information from your real customers just in case a competitor is using your list to see promotions? That's being overly paranoid. Besides if the competitor was that obsessed with your deals, they could just visit your site frequently to get the information anyway. I wouldn't worry about competitors seeing your publicly available information; instead, just focus more about communicating and continuing sales with your customers.

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
I decided I am going to keep the email subscription.. I also offer graphic design services, Would It be a bad idea to put an extra tab "graphic Design Services" or would it seem to desperate?

ewH

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Oct 30, 2012
I also offer graphic design services, Would It be a bad idea to put an extra tab "graphic Design Services" or would it seem to desperate?

I think it's perfectly fine since it relates to your core product. A lot of people that need an advertising sign will probably need some type of graphic design too.

Your site takes a long time to load for me. It's not the page itself, it seems to take a long time for the initial response. Who is your web hosting company?

Also, have you checked your site using Internet Explorer? I checked it using Chrome and all looks well, but there were some layout issues when I checked it with IE 9.

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
I think it's perfectly fine since it relates to your core product. A lot of people that need an advertising sign will probably need some type of graphic design too.

Your site takes a long time to load for me. It's not the page itself, it seems to take a long time for the initial response. Who is your web hosting company?

Also, have you checked your site using Internet Explorer? I checked it using Chrome and all looks well, but there were some layout issues when I checked it with IE 9.

Ok cool Im definitely going to offer my graphic design services..

Yeah I noticed its loading up slow also Im thinking its probably because of the plugins I got installed. Plus Wordpress Theme I used was a free version and then I just modified it to have category buttons.

And then when I checked my website on browsershots.org I noticed is having problems with other browsers.. Website Overview for http://www.myadvertisingflags.com/

Im definitely going to hire a programmer from odesk.com to fix these issues..

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
By the way should I use "I" or "We" when writing my sales pitches and content in my website..

Example:

"I have 10 years experience in graphic design"... "I personally make sure you love your flag design"

"We have 10 years experience in graphic design" "We will make sure you love your flag design"

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
By the way should I use "I" or "We" when writing my sales pitches and content in my website..

Example:

"I have 10 years experience in graphic design"... "I personally make sure you love your flag design"

"We have 10 years experience in graphic design" "We will make sure you love your flag design"

1- Your site came out weird on Safari as well. Im using a macbook pro
2- I am a big fan of using the word we (or our)...but in a different part of the sentence. If you can phrase it in a way that makes it sound you and the customer are working together, it will help build a stronger rapport with them

"With over 10 years of experience My Advertising Flags will ensure that our flag design....."

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
The truth is, if a competitor can't find out about your offer - than neither can a customer. It's not a viable strategy to have a "secret coupon offer" or something that beats the competition.

You'll have to actually put work into marketing that can't be easily copied, a product that can't be easily duplicated, etc.

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
1- Your site came out weird on Safari as well. Im using a macbook pro
2- I am a big fan of using the word we (or our)...but in a different part of the sentence. If you can phrase it in a way that makes it sound you and the customer are working together, it will help build a stronger rapport with them

"With over 10 years of experience My Advertising Flags will ensure that our flag design....."

Good point but in my content should I make it sound like they are just dealing with me or company (We)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Good point but in my content should I make it sound like they are just dealing with me or company (We)

When I googled you competition, pretty much all of them use "We" on their websites.

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
Can any one help me write my Graphic Design Sales pitch better? Writing is not my strong point.. It doesnt have to be long I just want make sure its professional.. Graphic Design Services |

• FREE GRAPHIC DESIGN when you buy any of my products.
  • Graphic Design for Print
  • Graphic Design for Web
  • Websites
  • Graphic Design For Sales Department
  • Meet Deadlines
  • Expert taking directions through phone or email.. (Preferably Email so I can refer back to the email for Notes & Create a Check LIst)
  • Apps
  • Photo Retouching – I can fix damaged photos or I can add graphics to photos for fun jobs.. (Great For GIFTS)
  • I have a lot of experience providing graphics for sales promotions

If you have any questions feel free to call or email me. I prefer email for project directions so I can refer back to your email for notes..

Ruben Esquivel
Ruben@myadvertisingflags.com
972-607-6712

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.