The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Shopping Carts... without paying a programmer?

TrendSetter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 4, 2009
Can anyone recommend a good shopping cart, fully functioning with inventory, search options etc. I have searched for reviews but there isnt much out there on the net as far as reviews go and the majority of pages seem like they are owned by the company producing the software themselves. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Anders

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jan 6, 2010
Sweden
I have used OS Commerce earlier. It's free, open source and works like a charm. You need a webhost that support php and mysql, most webhosts do that. Some even provide automatic installers for it.

I have too few posts on this forum to provide the link, but do a search on google for oscommerce and it's on the top.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Can anyone recommend a good shopping cart, fully functioning with inventory, search options etc. I have searched for reviews but there isnt much out there on the net as far as reviews go and the majority of pages seem like they are owned by the company producing the software themselves. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

There are two that I currently use:
Interspire Shopping Cart / Big Commerce
CS-Cart

Both are fairly cheap in price and if I had to give them ratings, I would go 7/10. Each has its short falls. If I had to pick, I would go with Interspire if I had products will not many options.

Basically, these are IMO the best of what's out there for $300. Not exactly a raving positive review. But unless you want to spend $5k for a perfect cart, I would recommend these two.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.