The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Shopify Stores & SEO

Marketing, social media, advertising

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
Has anyone run into this issue before?

Considering using Shopify instead of my usual woocommerce but I realized after checking hosts that Shopify websites are on the same/similar IP addresses.

Dont know how many different IP's shopify has but wouldnt this be a HUGE problem with out ranking a competitor on the same IP address?

Randomly checked various competitors in my niche and keep finding them on the same shopify IP address.

Issue or non issue for ranking purposes?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Google is smart enough to your domain isn't related to a domain selling different products.

However, if you're going to rely on SEO to build a business you're n for a rude awakening.

That being said, it definitely does not hurt to to be SEO-optimized from the start, but I wouldn't spend most of your time on it.

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
Google is smart enough to your domain isn't related to a domain selling different products.

Thanks but what if there are multiple stores on the same IP selling the same product(s) which is exactly what I found to be true..

was just trying to decide between finally using Shopify or going once again with Woocommerce and it was something I came across that some of my competitors are on the same IP address

=-)

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Thanks but what if there are multiple stores on the same IP selling the same product(s) which is exactly what I found to be true..

Then perhaps you may want to rethink your strategy or the product(s) you're selling.

Either way your speed of execution matter more than Google SEO IP address issues.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Thornton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Oct 31, 2014
I use Shopify, which has some limitations but works great in my case. However, I've been responsible for driving almost all the traffic and sales. I wish I got more from organic search, and when I type in keywords it seems to be ranked ok, but I wouldn't recommend counting on that. The more traffic you drive to the site, the better it will rank anyway.

MartinM

Online Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 19, 2013
Denver, CO
Hi Daniel,

To answer your question above, the hosting IP Address will not affect your Shopify store's SEO in this instance. I am a Shopify SEO Expert marketer myself.

WooCommerce is nice as well, it just really depends upon your long-term goals.

Usually WooCommerce is the best long-term solution if you are between the two platforms.

Hope this helps, feel free to message me back if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Martin

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!