The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Shipping Container Homes

Learn how to build wealth and win financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Yeah, OK, I was all ready to tease you Peter about moving into a shipping container, but then I saw what they were doing . . .

Very impressive. And a good use for all of those containers we're not using now that we're not buying things! :smx4:

(amazing that the 4 week office building project just took 4 guys to stack and place all of the containers)

-Russ H.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I think it's a great idea.

I had a similar idea awhile back -- thinking about using a shipping container as a cheap & easy cabin on some land I'm trying to buy up in the mountains here. I figured I could have the container dropped on a quick slab I could have poured easily -- Then maybe screw some "log cabin" siding onto the sides, and tweak out the inside the way we want it (Wood burning stove would be a must, etc). Would be a pretty cheap & easy shelter, and nice to be able to lock up some of our camping gear inside of between trips.

Cheers,

- Hakrjak :cheers:

I85

Contributor
Mar 22, 2008
Iowa
Here are a few other ones. Very creative, and something I wouldn't mind calling home :).
ga_surreal_undine.jpg

ga_pirkl_residence56.jpg

ga_surreal_copyper150.jpg

ga_surreal_seatrain.jpg

ga_surreal_12con02.jpg

SF Gate: Multimedia (image)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Must Read Books...

Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore