The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sharing feelings - Unscripted

Anything related to matters of the mind

1gnaci0

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 29, 2020
Spain
Hello everybody!

Just wanted to express myself a little bit and let some thoughts go.

I've been thinking about the "Scripted" concept of our lives for years without realising we can get out of it. Discovering and reading (recently)The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted books, has been really comforting and has helped me connect the dots over ideas I had in my mind for so long and truly belief my thoughts.
I decided to quit my job (happening in 3 weeks, when the notice period is due) and I only have one thing clear in my mind, to live Unscripted .
To be honest I'm terrified of this, it's something completely new that nobody has taught or talked us about. It goes against the "normal" way the society has been designed and I'm sure that the majority of my closest people won't understand what I'm going to do.
I have no plan as of today but the decision of quitting the job has been made and that empowers me to start my new life, to start thinking of what I can add to the society, to create value, to think freely out of a job which was (still is) draining my energy and changing my behaviour for the worse, making me feel like I'm more agressive and irritable, being unable to disconnect from the job. I'm done with that.

Best wishes!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have no plan as of today but the decision of quitting the job has been made and that empowers me to start my new life, to start thinking of what I can add to the society, to create value, to think freely out of a job which was (still is) draining my energy and changing my behaviour for the worse, making me feel like I'm more agressive and irritable, being unable to disconnect from the job. I'm done with that.

Unscripted is not about being reckless or irresponsible. I love to hear when people quit their jobs. But I cringe when I hear someone quitting without a plan, with no business, no customers, nothing.

That was not the intent of my books.

How are you going to pay bills?

Sometimes it can take a few years to start growing into a business, with long, long hours.

1gnaci0

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 29, 2020
Spain
Unscripted is not about being reckless or irresponsible. I love to hear when people quit their jobs. But I cringe when I hear someone quitting without a plan, with no business, no customers, nothing.

That was not the intent of my books.

How are you going to pay bills?

Sometimes it can take a few years to start growing into a business, with long, long hours.
I know I know, I just felt the need to act like I am going to. I'm not quitting because of the book. I'm completely aware of what I am doing, nobody is forcing me to do this. The idea of quitting this job was flying around for some time. I have some savings I can live on. My life is pretty simple at the moment by choice, don't need too many things.
Besides, I am not closing doors to work for somebody (though is not my goal anymore) while I put together ideas, planning, etc...Sure I need money to pay the bills and make ends meet. (It's just that my current job is draining my energy and affecting my behaviour)

Thing is since I read your books, my goals have changed, my way of looking at things or situations has either changed for the better or emphasised what I thought of them. I'm grateful I came across your books at some point in my life. I found them instructive and of course I've recommended them to my closest friends.

Best wishes Mr. DeMarco!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.