The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Share your big wins: business, life, fitness, anything.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
Have made some fitness gains. Started lifting two months ago and have gained 8.5 pounds of muscle. Managed to gain muscle but my body fat percentage went down from 14% to 10%. Wierd as I thought I'd have to cut after gaining weight but I'll take it. Have an absolutely clean diet so that may have helped. My goal is to reach 215 by September. Began at 176ish and now I'm just shy of 185.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
Over the weekend I gave a talk to over 4,000 people in a European self-development conference.

View attachment 42868

I was one of the headliners of the event which was cool.

However what I found really awesome and inspiriting to myself was this: When I was a teenager I read many Robert Allen books. And then right after I moved to Arizona and was building my company, I read Kiyosaki. And now I was headlined at the same event with them. For me, it feels like playing as an unseasoned rookie in an NBA game with and older NBA star that you used to watch as a kid.

Had you told me this 10+ years ago after I wrote TMF that I'd be a featured speaker along side these mega-authors, I would have not believed you. First, I hate live public speaking, even via Zoom, second, as a self-published book, it is very hard to "break into" a space that is dominated by corporate publishers and big seminar providers, so my expectations were pretty low. (Low Expectations Principle anyone??)

Anyhow, for me, this was a big win.

If you have a book inside of you, write it -- and live with no regrets as the market can chew on it, or not.
That's awesome!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Have made some fitness gains. Started lifting two months ago and have gained 8.5 pounds of muscle. Managed to gain muscle but my body fat percentage went down from 14% to 10%. Wierd as I thought I'd have to cut after gaining weight but I'll take it. Have an absolutely clean diet so that may have helped. My goal is to reach 215 by September. Began at 176ish and now I'm just shy of 185.

That's feasible but you'll probably gain 15-20 lbs of fat if 215 is your goal (unless you're using gear). Adding 2 lbs of muscle per month seems to be the upper bound if you're natty.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
That's feasible but you'll probably gain 15-20 lbs of fat if 215 is your goal (unless you're using gear). Adding 2 lbs of muscle per month seems to be the upper bound if you're natty.
For whatever reason when I put my goals into bodybuilding.com that came up as the middle range goal lol. I've gained roughly ten pounds over two months but I think that's because I hadn't lifted much before so you're probably right. New to lifting so I'm still figuring things out. My goal is 215 and less than 10% body fat. Won't be taking any shortcuts so if that takes more than a year I'm okay with it.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
For whatever reason when I put my goals into bodybuilding.com that came up as the middle range goal lol. I've gained roughly ten pounds over two months but I think that's because I hadn't lifted much before so you're probably right. New to lifting so I'm still figuring things out. My goal is 215 and less than 10% body fat. Won't be taking any shortcuts so if that takes more than a year I'm okay with it.

How tall are you?

I'm 6'2, 215 lbs, ~18% body fat. I started bodybuilding in September 2019 (after around 4 years of F*ckarounditis).

215 at 10% is probably doable while natty depending on your height, but I'd make that a multi-year goal rather a multi-month goal (unless you want to gamble with gear).

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
How tall are you?

I'm 6'2, 215 lbs, ~18% body fat. I started bodybuilding in September 2019 (after around 4 years of f*ckarounditis).

215 at 10% is probably doable while natty depending on your height, but I'd make that a multi-year goal rather a multi-month goal (unless you want to gamble with gear).
I'm 6'0, 184, and 10% body fat at the moment. And I agree. I value getting there sustainably and without compromising my health and plan to keep at this for the rest of my life so I've got plenty of time. Where was your starting point weight and body fat percentage-wise?

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Quelqu'un a-t-il une victoire à partager ?

Ça peut être n'importe quoi - business, fitness, compétition d'échecs, rendez-vous galant, peu import

Entreprise :
Actuellement, je suis un auto-stoppeur d'une entreprise en ligne, la plateforme commerciale n'est pas en ligne, mais nous y travaillons avec deux autres amis. .ils m'ont invité à les rejoindre et j'ai accepté car leurs idées vont dans le même sens que les miennes. J'ai trop réfléchi avant de prendre cette décision. Je pense que ça vaut la peine d'essayer parce que si ça réussit à se décoller. .Je connais les risques que pouvait prendre un auto-stoppeur mais j'ai quand même pris le risque car je crois un jour pouvoir me mettre au même titre qu'eux. Nos différentes prestations :

.✓Mettre en ligne des contenus lisibles et téléchargeables gratuitement, comme des résumés de livres de développement personnel
✓Vendre des produits par le biais de publicités, aider les gens à vendre leurs maisons, terrains à vendre, bref, trouver des clients.

.actuellement, nous ne gagnons pas encore, nous travaillons d'abord gratuitement en aidant les étudiants à faire face à leurs différentes problématiques rencontrées dans les différentes matières scientifiques. .Comme je l'ai mentionné dans l'un de mes fils d'introduction, j'étais étudiant en sciences lorsque j'ai abandonné après avoir échoué deux fois.
A part ça, j'apprends à coder.

Moi aussi j'ai un gros problème à parler en public. .Je peux prendre la parole pour dire des choses inutiles pendant un court instant, quelques secondes environ, mais si c'est pour durer longtemps (plus d'une minute) le stress m'envahit. et je ne peux pas.
J'ai regardé des vidéos dessus mais je ne m'en suis pas encore remis.

.J'ai une question pour vous, si vous me le permettez, comment avez-vous réussi à surmonter cela ???

Histoire d'amour.
Actuellement, je sors d'une rupture amoureuse, j'ai eu une relation avec une personne qui a vidé mon énergie et ne m'a jamais cru. .elle fait semblant de m'aimer mais son comportement dit le contraire. J'ai pu arrêter cette relation, grâce à MJ, à travers certaines lignes de son livre.
.J'ai pris des tonnes de décisions ces derniers temps pour améliorer ma vie car le moteur de ma vie n'était pas moi, et je suis prêt à en assumer les conséquences quelle qu'en soit la nature. je suis sure que tout ira bien..

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I'm 6'0, 184, and 10% body fat at the moment. And I agree. I value getting there sustainably and without compromising my health and plan to keep at this for the rest of my life so I've got plenty of time. Where was your starting point weight and body fat percentage-wise?

I'm not sure on the numbers. I'd guess somewhere around 200-215 lbs at 20-30% body fat in 2019, but I never wrote it down.

Morethan1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Dec 6, 2012
Canada
Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 12.38.51 PM.jpeg
I hit my goal of 180lbs a few months back and moved the goal post to 170lbs. I was 250lbs at my heaviest (early 20s). A combo of intermittent fasting + keto (during the weekdays) has helped tremendously. I've been hitting the gym since my teens.

Never give up!

ijack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Dec 27, 2021
Last edited:

BAUCE

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jun 21, 2021
On track to doing my first ever million dollars in revenue (54% profit margin). Launched this niche clothing company December of 2020 with around $8,000 in family loans. I hired an ad agency last month to help me scale and so I can focus on other parts of the business. I’m still doing it out of my house but am looking for commercial space right now since I have my first kiddo on the way in august. I’m extremely grateful for MFL and the people on this forum.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
On track to doing my first ever million dollars in revenue (54% profit margin). Launched this niche clothing company December of 2020 with around $8,000 in family loans. I hired an ad agency last month to help me scale and so I can focus on other parts of the business. I’m still doing it out of my house but am looking for commercial space right now since I have my first kiddo on the way in august. I’m extremely grateful for MFL and the people on this forum.

This is awesome! Massive congratulations, and especially in a clothing line business. Amazing.

BAUCE

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jun 21, 2021
This is awesome! Massive congratulations, and especially in a clothing line business. Amazing.
I really appreciate that. I often find myself liking your posts around the forum including your long post in the crypto thread. Thanks for the solid content you post.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

WOW!! I almost missed this! Big congrat!

TryHardTriad

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 2, 2018
After having a lot of doubt about my business I started two years ago, I’ve finally been logging consecutive 80k month revenues and hit 100k for the first time ever this month (35% net, Wholesale food manufacturing).

So proud to share this news, spent so many years feeling like an outsider and wantrepreneur, finally starting to believe I can get a big sale in a few years and even write a good thread about it too!

Thanks to all the legendary contributors that share your wisdom on this forum, you guys rock

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
After having a lot of doubt about my business I started two years ago, I’ve finally been logging consecutive 80k month revenues and hit 100k for the first time ever this month (35% net, Wholesale food manufacturing).

So proud to share this news, spent so many years feeling like an outsider and wantrepreneur, finally starting to believe I can get a big sale in a few years and even write a good thread about it too!

Thanks to all the legendary contributors that share your wisdom on this forum, you guys rock

That's awesome, congratulations!

SofiAlbert

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 23, 2022
This thread is so motivating! Congrats everyone!

This is the tinyest of wins but may was our first month with actual profits! It's exciting to start seeing the results of all that hard work, even if there's still a looooong way to go.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Awesome!!!!

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
So, this is not as impressive as what many here have accomplished, but it is still my biggest business achievement so far and I would like to share it with you guys.

4 years ago I started a short term rental business without prior knowledge in real estate or construction. I got up to 3 units then undertook a massive rehab on a devastated 6 units building, which took one year and a half to complete.

We turned this:
Capture d’écran du 2022-06-09 20-51-35.png

Into this:
Capture.PNG

The 9 units cost me ~700k€ which I borrowed and that inflation should pay back for me (that's my play at least) and are worth ~1M€. Given the numbers of the first 3 rentals that have been running for some time, the conceivable goal is to net 100k€ a year (it may not sound like much but 100k€ gets you to the 1% in France), with something like 4 or 5 hours of work a week.

Now what's next ? I'm not sure, except that it is only the beginning. It would be a shame not to capitalize on the experience acquired in real estate, but at the same time I don't want to pile up debt forever either. It would probably be the time to transition from a lifestyle business to an enterprise and bring in outside money to make bigger deals and keep growing. Or start something totally different. I don't know. I have an idea or two... Excited to find out what's next, let's go !

I'm forever grateful for the gem that is Unscripted and the continuous support I had through the inspiring people sharing their knowledge and experiences here. Good luck everyone !

3amintheuk

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Sep 7, 2021
My business moved into its first little warehouse recently. The move meant we could more than double the amount of shelving/racking available and everything is running much more efficiently. I'm excited to see how much my business can grow in this space. And there's a bigger warehouse available nearby if we need it too...

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
So, this is not as impressive as what many here have accomplished, but it is still my biggest business achievement so far and I would like to share it with you guys.

4 years ago I started a short term rental business without prior knowledge in real estate or construction. I got up to 3 units then undertook a massive rehab on a devastated 6 units building, which took one year and a half to complete.

We turned this:
View attachment 43894

Into this:
View attachment 43895

The 9 units cost me ~700k€ which I borrowed and that inflation should pay back for me (that's my play at least) and are worth ~1M€. Given the numbers of the first 3 rentals that have been running for some time, the conceivable goal is to net 100k€ a year (it may not sound like much but 100k€ gets you to the 1% in France), with something like 4 or 5 hours of work a week.

Now what's next ? I'm not sure, except that it is only the beginning. It would be a shame not to capitalize on the experience acquired in real estate, but at the same time I don't want to pile up debt forever either. It would probably be the time to transition from a lifestyle business to an enterprise and bring in outside money to make bigger deals and keep growing. Or start something totally different. I don't know. I have an idea or two... Excited to find out what's next, let's go !

I'm forever grateful for the gem that is Unscripted and the continuous support I had through the inspiring people sharing their knowledge and experiences here. Good luck everyone !
I have to say, this is one hell of an achievement. Congratulations!

The measure of success must be proportional to where one starts. For a young kid with no money, making $10 is an achievement and to us adults it’s a rounding error. Same with business, you took something from scratch and made it real. You will now have skills to do bigger and better RE deal.

Don’t sell yourself short. It’s a great achievement and big congratulations.

BAUCE

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jun 21, 2021
hit $104,000 in May in revenue with just over 50k being profit after all expenses! Bought myself a new smoker to celebrate that milestone. Hoping to hit 150k within 3 months.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
A small win today... did what is known as "triple crown", a local ride where you climb 3 mountains in one go. This was my first time, had great company and a lot of fun.

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 8.13.57 PM.png

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
View attachment 42967
I hit my goal of 180lbs a few months back and moved the goal post to 170lbs. I was 250lbs at my heaviest (early 20s). A combo of intermittent fasting + keto (during the weekdays) has helped tremendously. I've been hitting the gym since my teens.

Never give up!

What app do you use to track your weight. Great work!

Joejordan95

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 12, 2021
U.K
In an attempt to not live off the imagined security of the nation/community/person I went on a relentless pursuit of truth. Unfortunately some relationships were severed. I lost almost all my possessions, and had very little desire to do much of anything except to give away my time and money. The years before all this, what I believed (religion, politics, work, relationships, business) seem to be the source of all the problems. I always wondered why so many problems and eventually just forgot about the life I once knew. It turned into problems to solve. With that said, interestingly enough, while I was reading/relating to the fastlane material I got the idea that solving problems (no matter how) was what you would manifest if/when you start down the road of entrepreneurship. More problems would manifest! How in the world or earth can that be? This time, my wants/expectations (I eventually equated to fear) was not strong enough to get me going. Eventually, really this meant to me and most of the worlds population that we are already an entrepreneur of LIFE because in this existence there is mostly problems to solve.

For whatever reason, in each of our paths, the common denominator appears to be fear. Fearing death (physical) but that compounds. We fear, or I did, experiences happening and even changing from the way I am (i.e. I enjoyed someone calling me a nickname, so I continued the behaviours to get that). At some point, we fear 'not being able to solve' problems, because we were good at it.
Whatever, you name it and it manifests problems. Change. The fear of change. So what did I do, I changed and even then (following months/year) that too was strapped with a fear, eventually. Why do we fear so much? I want to meet someone who changes easily or I will become it, is what I began to think.

To make this a bit shorter. I found out in my experiences that I was mainly living in the 'past' or 'future' and not to much in the present. Because of various fears that manifested into emotions. It still happens but now I am aware of it. One author put it this way: Existence is here to make us more conscious. Conscious of life/now or the present. Where when we are unconscious we are probably deep in some rabbit hole (past or future).

My energy is back. Everything around me appears clear. I have clarity. The confusion is understood and only last for a bit (usually when a change is taking place).
I had like a whole year of going through this. ended up doing mushrooms and the fear of death has been removed.

I don't want to die nor have intentions to put myself in dangerous situations with a high likelihood of death but rather than fearing death I recognize that its just the end of this life but not necessarily the end of you

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Got my custom packaging for my sports & outdoors product. One step of the way towards having a wholesale account with a billion dollar company (I am in talks with them being a buyer). 4 years ago all I had was a drawing in AutoCAD of a product.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
I feel that soon I will charge. I already have a customer waiting. he said to wait, as soon as he is ready he will contact me.

I need to put my website online quickly to serve as proof. That way more convincing. but i'm here right now..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.