The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Share your big wins: business, life, fitness, anything.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Anyone have some win that they want to share?

It could be anything - business, fitness, chess competition, hot date, whatever.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyone have some win that they want to share?

It could be anything - business, fitness, chess competition, hot date, whatever.

I think this is a great thread to stand on its own, so I moved out of the Random thread.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Ahh... Thanks for the opportunity to be grateful.

(1)
During the summer of 2020, I read a book on breathing that totally changed how I view it. After I finished the book, I decided to work on my breathing and aimed then to be able to do HIIT while breathing with my nose. It was freaking hard in the beginning, mainly in finding the proper rhythm of inhaling and exhaling. Now, almost two years later, I am very proud to say that it is the norm for me. I do heavy HIIT sessions while breathing through my nose 95% of the time.

(2)
As with many, when Covid hit, it forces me to pause, reflect and rethink where I am going in life. When the first lockdown happened, even though I was taking time to muse, those pockets of time were not enough to work through certain personal areas. I worked through many experiences I avoided facing because of the emotional load I knew it would bring.

Through that exercise, it dawned on me how important stories are. The stories we tell and our narratives are extremely powerful. Steve Jobs said that storytellers are the most powerful people in the world. And boy that's true.

I have been on a journey to crafting and sharing better stories, both to myself and to others. It made me a better friend and a better family member. It made me better at connecting with others. It made me better at sharing information and influencing others. And above all, it made me a better father. I am far from where I'm aiming to be. I continue to work almost every day on my stories and on the craft of storytelling. But I am grateful for the opportunity to pass empowering stories to my son and help him in turn craft his own empowering stories.

Xpo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Sep 30, 2021
Israel
Around two years ago when I was 16 I met of one of the biggest singers in Israel that makes millions of dollars every single year, literally EVERYONE here knows him. I actually met him through a friend of a friend that invited me to a nice party in Tel Aviv. When arriving to the party, I saw this guy and my face immidiatley went red due to SHOCK! In my head I was like WTF IS
-HE- DOING HERE!
Anyways, half an hour into the party I got the courage to start talking to him. Not as a fan, but as a human being just like him, without thinking of how much money he makes a year or how succesful he is. I was actually shocked to see him talk to me back as a normal person being LOL. Anyways, Ive started talking to him with some of his friends and he actually showed a lot of doubt in himself while talking to some of his friend because of a recent show he had that didnt go as planned.- This made me even more shocked than I was beacuse what was in my head at that moment, was that this dude is like a F*cking GOD or something (Very typical 16 y/o thinking dont judge xD)
Anyways, this made me realise that everyone shows some doubt in themselves here and there, that everyone fails sometimes, and that no human being is actually a god .
I had read a story a few months ago similar to mine that stated a kid that thinks that his teachers do not poop. This made me laugh and remember my own story, so basically yeah, everyone poops- no matter how cocky, confident, rich, succesful, or WHATEVER they are, they ALL poop!
Elon Musk, Lewis Hamilton, Jeff Bezos, Donald Trump and even Obama. They all poop.

I was greatful to realise this simple principle young, because it helped me a lot in business meetings, job interviews and HELL, even helped me in some dates with some hot chicks

Thanks for the oppurtunity to share my story, please excuse me for any typos itz cuz im typing from my phone..
HOPE MY STORY HELPED SOMEONE!

watchopt

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
May 5, 2020
us
In an attempt to not live off the imagined security of the nation/community/person I went on a relentless pursuit of truth. Unfortunately some relationships were severed. I lost almost all my possessions, and had very little desire to do much of anything except to give away my time and money. The years before all this, what I believed (religion, politics, work, relationships, business) seem to be the source of all the problems. I always wondered why so many problems and eventually just forgot about the life I once knew. It turned into problems to solve. With that said, interestingly enough, while I was reading/relating to the fastlane material I got the idea that solving problems (no matter how) was what you would manifest if/when you start down the road of entrepreneurship. More problems would manifest! How in the world or earth can that be? This time, my wants/expectations (I eventually equated to fear) was not strong enough to get me going. Eventually, really this meant to me and most of the worlds population that we are already an entrepreneur of LIFE because in this existence there is mostly problems to solve.

For whatever reason, in each of our paths, the common denominator appears to be fear. Fearing death (physical) but that compounds. We fear, or I did, experiences happening and even changing from the way I am (i.e. I enjoyed someone calling me a nickname, so I continued the behaviours to get that). At some point, we fear 'not being able to solve' problems, because we were good at it.
Whatever, you name it and it manifests problems. Change. The fear of change. So what did I do, I changed and even then (following months/year) that too was strapped with a fear, eventually. Why do we fear so much? I want to meet someone who changes easily or I will become it, is what I began to think.

To make this a bit shorter. I found out in my experiences that I was mainly living in the 'past' or 'future' and not to much in the present. Because of various fears that manifested into emotions. It still happens but now I am aware of it. One author put it this way: Existence is here to make us more conscious. Conscious of life/now or the present. Where when we are unconscious we are probably deep in some rabbit hole (past or future).

My energy is back. Everything around me appears clear. I have clarity. The confusion is understood and only last for a bit (usually when a change is taking place).

No.1

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Nov 14, 2020
This will be the first week where I will make €10k+

Persistence pays out eventually <3
Do you mind elaborating on that achievement? I'd like to reach there some day. Do you suggest any posts over here to reach that point?, concrete or abstract, I'll find a way to take away some key-points and integrate them into my path.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
yesterday I learned that I can balance on one leg with a woman sitting on my shoulders

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Over the weekend I gave a talk to over 4,000 people in a European self-development conference.

WakeUpCall.jpg

I was one of the headliners of the event which was cool.

However what I found really awesome and inspiriting to myself was this: When I was a teenager I read many Robert Allen books. And then right after I moved to Arizona and was building my company, I read Kiyosaki. And now I was headlined at the same event with them. For me, it feels like playing as an unseasoned rookie in an NBA game with and older NBA star that you used to watch as a kid.

Had you told me this 10+ years ago after I wrote TMF that I'd be a featured speaker along side these mega-authors, I would have not believed you. First, I hate live public speaking, even via Zoom, second, as a self-published book, it is very hard to "break into" a space that is dominated by corporate publishers and big seminar providers, so my expectations were pretty low. (Low Expectations Principle anyone??)

Anyhow, for me, this was a big win.

If you have a book inside of you, write it -- and live with no regrets as the market can chew on it, or not.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Over the weekend I gave a talk to over 4,000 people in a European self-development conference.

View attachment 42868

However what I found really awesome and inspiriting to myself was this: When I was a teenager I read many Robert Allen books. And then right after I moved to Arizona and was building my company, I read Kiyosaki. And now I was headlined at the same event with them. For me, it feels like playing as an unseasoned rookie in an NBA game with and older NBA star that you used to watch as a kid.

Had you told me this 10+ years ago after I wrote TMF that I'd be a featured speaker along side these mega-authors, I would have not believed you. First, I hate live public speaking, even via Zoom, second, as a self-published book, it is very hard to "break into" a space that is dominated by corporate publishers and big seminar providers, so my expectations were pretty low. (Low Expectations Principle anyone??)

If you have a book inside of you, write it -- and live with no regrets as the market can chew on it, or not.

You've changed a lot of lives MJ - always happy to see you succeed.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

View attachment 42868

That's super cool.

Was it worth it for you financially as well or did you do it mostly for the fun/challenge of it?

I think that despite theoretically selling your time for money public speaking can be an excellent Fastlane as you can steadily increase your rates and get to something like five-six figures for an hour of your time (plus of course some hours to prepare for the talk). This, plus I think it must feel pretty good to share your knowledge with so many people and do it live like that (even on Zoom).

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
That's super cool.

Was it worth it for you financially as well or did you do it mostly for the fun/challenge of it?

I think that despite theoretically selling your time for money public speaking can be an excellent Fastlane as you can steadily increase your rates and get to something like five-six figures for an hour of your time (plus of course some hours to prepare for the talk). This, plus I think it must feel pretty good to share your knowledge with so many people and do it live like that (even on Zoom).

I got paid to do it as I started charging for my speaking time. However, relatively speaking, I got paid a small amount. @Fox was telling me that most mainstream speakers (NYTimes validated best-sellers) charge $50K-$100K per event.

I did it for A) The challenge and B) To support my purpose to spread the Fastlane message. The extra $ was nice too.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
@Fox was telling my that most mainstream speakers (NYTimes validated best-sellers) charge $50K-$100K per event.

Wow I thought they charged more. But I guess that once you get good at it maybe you don't need more than a few hours to prepare for each talk. $10-20k per hour of work wouldn't be so bad.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
In spite of the pandemic, supply chain issues, labour shortages and a flood here… we are delivering our 108 unit rental building on time and on budget. Last week we passed the final inspection.

Director of Planning said he wants to talk to us, how we are the only developer who managed to pull this off in his municipality.

This is a big win for our team, they are rockstars at producing results.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow I thought they charged more. But I guess that once you get good at it maybe you don't need more than a few hours to prepare for each talk. $10-20k per hour of work wouldn't be so bad.

Yea, it still is pretty stressful for me to speak including prep time, even at on podcast that has 20 people watching. But the stress level has declined over the years from a 10 of 10 (terrible) to 6 of 10. I've never been a good extemporaneous speaker. I hope as I do more of them, that drops to a 3, 2, 1, or better none.

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Nothing entrepreneur about this one but at work, was able to setup an entire site. Setup, Clean-up and Tidy-up before it opened. That means carrying around about 260 monitors, setting up 130 desk with connection and testing majority of it before opening the site.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Yea, it still is pretty stressful for me to speak including prep time, even at on podcast that has 20 people watching. But the stress level has declined over the years from a 10 of 10 (terrible) to 6 of 10. I've never been a good extemporaneous speaker. I hope as I do more of them, that drops to a 3, 2, 1, or better none.

Some anxiety is good to be honest because it means that you actually care. 3-5 range is probably ideal for performance.

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India

View attachment 42868

sir you said Robert kiyosaki's advice are not good in unscripted (roasting rich dad poor dad). But maybe back then u didnt know about the script, thats why you read his books or there is another reason?
Aditya Gunjal( from utube channel comment)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
sir you said Robert kiyosaki's advice are not good in unscripted (roasting rich dad poor dad). But maybe back then u didnt know about the script, thats why you read his books or there is another reason?
Aditya Gunjal( from utube channel comment)

Great first post.

Anyhow, I never said that, or “roasted” RDPD. Yes, I don’t agree with everything he says and will be happy to say so.

Generally speaking, I always thought RDPD was a good book. Better than good. I haven’t read any others.

My issue with RK has nothing to do with his books.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

It'll definitely get easier with practice as everything else. 6 out of 10 sounds manageable. I think that public speaking is a cool retirement gig and I'm glad to see it's working out well for you. I soon expect you to join the ranks of those charging $50-100k per talk :)

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
Great first post.

Anyhow, I never said that, or “roasted” RDPD. Yes, I don’t agree with everything he says and will be happy to say so.

Generally speaking, I always thought RDPD was a good book. Better than good. I haven’t read any others.

Great first post.

Yes sir, sorry didn't meant (roasting) in actual meaning but like you said " dont agree with it" and your sarcastic (double dad) was funny(thats what i called roasting).
Nice to hear u spent time with people u admire.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Bet you have no issues with posting something on the forum, right?

The more you’ll do, the better you’ll become.

Also, close your eyes now and imagine you’re giving a speech. Still 6/10, right?

Now imagine every person in the audience is sitting on the toilet. :rofl:

Now you can’t be stressed cause you’re focused on not laughing :rofl::rofl:

Might sound like incredibly bad advice but it does help me.

BrunoRastablasta

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Sep 20, 2018
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Had my highest Quarter ever. Made $19K which is like 3 times as much as I regularly make. Still not in the CENTS range, but I'm getting there :D

izraelinspired

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 25, 2020

View attachment 42868

You've changed the life's of millions, this wisdom you've shared will be the bedrock of many success in this millenia. Thanks MJ

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 15, 2019
Northern IL & Southeastern WI
In spite of the pandemic, supply chain issues, labour shortages and a flood here… we are delivering our 108 unit rental building on time and on budget. Last week we passed the final inspection.

Director of Planning said he wants to talk to us, how we are the only developer who managed to pull this off in his municipality.

This is a big win for our team, they are rockstars at producing results.
What's the plan for it? Hold or are you selling? Was it a ground-up development?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Got my lending client another national #1 ranking in Google.

He just hired 3 more salespeople on his team. He turned them from interns into full-time people.

And he just took on five more interns.

When we started working together he was a one-man show. Now he has eight full-time staff, a virtual assistant, and five interns. He's about to open his third office, with plans to open up fourth before the end of the year.

Laying down the foundation for job creation feels amazing.

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
I’ve been 16/8 fasting for awhile now but a couple of days ago I finally started fasting 16/8 the way it’s supposed to be done, and started tracking all of my food again. Already feeling better.

Also, my wife and I had our biggest income month ever in March and we’re more excited now than ever about our financial future

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.