The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Several FB Questions

Marketing, social media, advertising

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Any suggestions are appreciated:

1. What's the optimal facebook reach to create per ad set? For example should I create an individual ad for every interest group or lump them together? If I lump them together, I won't know which one is outperforming the other...but at the same time if I separate them I would have dozens if not hundreds of ads I would be testing out.

2. For those of you that don't have your own product, say you have a landing for email capture and then forwards to a 3rd party offer. I'm assuming you can't use FB conversions for this because you can't place tracking on the 3rd party site? Also after you get their email, they have technically left your funnel and could be entering someone elses funnel right?

3. I read some people only spend $5/day testing their ads to see which convert better but that doesn't seem to be enough to get any good data..or am I wrong?

4. What have you had the most luck with...cpc, cpm, ocpm? When I tried using CPC or optimized for conversion, FB was barely showing my add to viewers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012

1. What's the optimal facebook reach to create per ad set? For example should I create an individual ad for every interest group or lump them together? If I lump them together, I won't know which one is outperforming the other...but at the same time if I separate them I would have dozens if not hundreds of ads I would be testing out.

2. For those of you that don't have your own product, say you have a landing for email capture and then forwards to a 3rd party offer. I'm assuming you can't use FB conversions for this because you can't place tracking on the 3rd party site? Also after you get their email, they have technically left your funnel and could be entering someone elses funnel right?

3. I read some people only spend $5/day testing their ads to see which convert better but that doesn't seem to be enough to get any good data..or am I wrong?

4. What have you had the most luck with...cpc, cpm, ocpm? When I tried using CPC or optimized for conversion, FB was barely showing my add to viewers.
I can only give you an answer for 1. and 3.

1. I use AdEspresso to create my Facebook Campaigns. It's a create solution for the problem you have. You can literally create hundres of ads in the time it takes you to create on! I use seperate ads for interest, age, female/male, ad images / copy etc. ... the more data you can get the better choices you can make. AdEspresso can be tested 30 days for free, it is very easy to use and you can start using it within 5 minutes.

3. You should only cut ads when you have mathematical proof that the better performing ad is 90% to 95% likly to be the best over a big sample size.
You can use the tool here to do it. It's super easy: http://www.peakconversion.com/2012/02/ab-split-test-graphical-calculator/

Hope this helps!

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
I'll check those out. Thank you

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
1. 900k-1.2m if you are letting facebook optimize for conversions (which you should do, except for remarketing). everything >200k works fine too in my experience, but bigger is better for longterm campaigns, else you have to set up new campaigns every few days because they get saturated too fast if you start spending $500+/day on an ad thats working. <200k in my experience doesnt work as well for letting fb optimize.

2. the email capture is your conversion. you dont need to place the pixel on the "next page", you can also load it via javascript after the form is successfully validated and before it is submitted. requires coding though. there are also tracking providers that let you add pixels to links.

3. $5/day isnt nearly enough. if you are using OCPM your cpm will be between 5 and 10, so you'll get 500-1k impressions. thats not much.

4. optimizing for conversions is the way to go right now. you have to have 30 conversions per day for it to work properly or fb wont have enough data to show your ads to the best prospects. if you dont have 30 checkouts for example, move your conversion towards the beginning of the buying process to get more conversion data, e.g. add to cart or even landingpage clickthrough. for remarketing cpc. if your ad isnt showing you bid is too low, simple as that.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
whoops, double post

Last edited:

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok

theag had good answers imo but to add..

1. No idea

2. You can request a pixel be added to track on others offers if you want. I've added pixels for people promoting my offers

3. Not enough

4. I've had the best luck having affiliates spend their own money to see what works. You can then attempt to figure out what they're doing and mimic it if you want. But with that approach you need to get "lucky" and stumble across the guys who will pump money towards something that isn't tested. From there you can add products related products.

From my testing FB ads were way too expensive. I prefer to let other people figure out what converts..but that may not always be an option.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
anyone knows a good source about learning how to run facebook ads? Im trying it now but i feels i have much to learn.

Im starting small and trying for myself a little but for a guy who is totally new on marketing it seem like more luck to have any succes than anything.

Source for any online marketing is helpful, thanks!

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
well i'll be there so i'll just wait to hear it in person

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.