The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Servus from Austria!

MartaLea11

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 12, 2016
Servus from Salzburg!
Im energised to find this community.

im in my late 20ties... till now I became a Violinist and a Violin teacher, graduated from a quit famous music University this year... guess what! :D thats not enough!!!

Since my childhood (manager's family) I was surrounded by books and mindset that I used rather for achieving artistc goals, but haven't done an enterprise yet! such a waste!
Fortunately The Fastlane Millionaire woke me up!

I was always hungry to achieve extraordinary and to do big important things.
During study I got lost a bit, started working at a Coffee Shop (that one everybody knows) half time. But I see it as a chance - where else would I discover that I actually am able to sell something! They love my job - but Im quitting as soon as possible!!! :D I'm grateful it helped me to pay rent while i was writing thesis on Group Dynamics in Music Education

Now I really want to achieve financial freedom - I hate depending on my art!
I have some savings that I want to invest.
Can you recommend, what should i read to learn more about finance?

I was always obsessed with Residential Real Estate and Salzburg and Salzkammergut is like a heaven on earth, I'm afraid if I go into this deeper its like "doing what i love" again... not a real
following a need... BUT i know there is a big interest from Chinese investors for a real estate in foreign save to invest locations...
What is your critic on that?

Big thanks and see you soon!!!
Marta

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

VDon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 27, 2016

I was always obsessed with Residential Real Estate and Salzburg and Salzkammergut is like a heaven on earth, I'm afraid if I go into this deeper its like "doing what i love" again... not a real
following a need... BUT i know there is a big interest from Chinese investors for a real estate in foreign save to invest locations...

Chinese cannot buy real estate in Austria. Solve that problem and you might be up to sthg

Aix-Geneve

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 4, 2017
France
Servus from Salzburg!
Im energised to find this community.

im in my late 20ties... till now I became a Violinist and a Violin teacher, graduated from a quit famous music University this year... guess what! :D thats not enough!!!

Since my childhood (manager's family) I was surrounded by books and mindset that I used rather for achieving artistc goals, but haven't done an enterprise yet! such a waste!
Fortunately The Fastlane Millionaire woke me up!

I was always hungry to achieve extraordinary and to do big important things.
During study I got lost a bit, started working at a Coffee Shop (that one everybody knows) half time. But I see it as a chance - where else would I discover that I actually am able to sell something! They love my job - but Im quitting as soon as possible!!! :D I'm grateful it helped me to pay rent while i was writing thesis on Group Dynamics in Music Education

Now I really want to achieve financial freedom - I hate depending on my art!
I have some savings that I want to invest.
Can you recommend, what should i read to learn more about finance?

Big thanks and see you soon!!!
Marta

To learn about real estate, I believe, you need to know financial math. Things like discounted cashflow, internal rate of return, net present value etc. Very cut and dry and boring, but it's the basics of real estate valuation. First year accounting and finance students learn this. Real estate valuation is essentially, modifications of this (without going into the legal side). Excel then makes the whole job of real estate valuation easy. The financial formulas are in there. Try some you tube videos. Same stuff used to value bonds, equities etc. (with a few twists of the formulas). Whether the capitalisation rates have changed - that's another story.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...