The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Service Level Agreement Pitfalls

boww

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 20, 2021
Hi all,

I have created a web-app for a specific branch of a large conglomerate. This was firstly done in a fairly informal fashion with no written contracts. However, other branches are also interested in the tool. This means that I will become an official supplier to the company, meaning that I have to sign a Service Level Agreement with this conglomerate. What are some of the pitfalls that I have to look out for in these types of contracts, I do not want to shoot myself in the foot for the sake of expansion!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
As you are the service provider it is for you to come up with the basic framework of the SLA.

Call it a Standard SLA that would be part of the contract and would cover response times, compensation etc etc and you want a lawyer to draft it up.

I would then forward a copy of that to this particular client and ask what else they would want covered over and above this as they are what you could call large business. eg Do you want each site to contact you directly or go though someone at the Head Office and that is the umbrella contract. On their side they may want 2 hour response time when contacting you as opposed to Standard 6 hours and so forth.

Don't let them come up with it from scratch otherwise there will be something in it buried away.

Over time you will then have a couple of Contracts covering SLAs and Payments and Customer Service for different type of customers.

The small/medium one client, one website type and the large business and/or multi- site type,

Think of it like your Internet or phone line. Different SLA for a domestic line than a large business with complex needs.

The gist is that your SLA is one that you can actually provide. That way there are no pitfalls if it is you who wrote the contract. Any changes they negotiate with you as you find your feet with larger customers, you only incorporate into the larger business contract again if you think you can actually deliver.

Dan

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.