The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Serial Failures: I know you can learn something from each endeavor but...

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
that doesn't make any sense to me.

I probably just need an explanation.

I read on here a few weeks ago about someone who had started business after business and had some insight into each business, most of them not turning out that great..

What I can't understand is why would he start a different business in a different industry nearly each time?

Why not to stick to one type and fail a bunch of times in that particular industry than to jump.

For example he said he got into selling christian stuff and that he didn't differentiate his product so it was a flop. Why not take that experience and then re-enter the same market with a new strategy based on what you learned?

To me that's sort of like playing a game of soccer, losing, and then thinking "Hm, if I had been faster on my feet, a bit slimmer, and more aggresive, I'd have done better"..
Then immediately jumping into football.
Then Tennis,
Then Bowling
Then racket ball

Eventually it's like you'll become a knowledgable business persons with lots of experience but you'll have never mastered any of these.

Or maybe it's more like you tested the waters for each to finally say "Hey, I'm more fit for tennis than for any other sport, I'll rest on this since it's what I'm most capable of succeeding the most with"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

haosmark

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Sep 26, 2012
Long Island, NY
True, but not really. You still learn things like marketing and generic guidelines of running a company + you may discover that what you started isn't really what you want to keep doing and you may discover new ideas/passion for something else. To top it off, industry cross overs can breed amazing things that others haven't though of.
Just my 2 cents.

Elmchei

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 3, 2012
True, but not really. You still learn things like marketing and generic guidelines of running a company + you may discover that what you started isn't really what you want to keep doing and you may discover car accessories new ideas/passion for something else. To top it off, industry cross overs can breed amazing things that others haven't though of.
Just my 2 cents.

You need to use the power of social media. It is best strategy to get business on top within short span of time

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.