The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SEO basics.

Marketing, social media, advertising

Sheps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Oct 10, 2015
UK
I see there is an INSIDERS sub forum dedicated to this so I'm guessing there's a lot of information in the heads of those on here.

I'm not asking to subvert the paying guys but to see if we could get an SEO for beginners thread going? I did a quick search, checked this subforum and the gold threads and didn't find what I was looking for. (Could have missed it).

If this is acceptable, what are the things you guys would recommend to someone looking to learn and improve quickly. Simple things, some recommended reading, tips and tricks. Good resources to go look into etc.

Oh and I would normally start with a google search but, there's so much junk now, I thought I'd use you guys to help separate the wheat from the chaff. Be a gent, save a noob some time. :)

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Great course IMO http://www.clickminded.com/
Basic one by MOZ https://www.udemy.com/whiteboard-seo/

The way Google is headed, you need to look at it as helping Google find you instead of "placing" on Google. When you try to place, you will game the system and be thrown to the wayside with an update.

Everyone talks about not having control with Google, which to a point is true so watch out for the newest SEO gimmick. I played all my SEO very safe and I never lost ranks on algo updates.

Chances are, if everyone is rushing to do X, Google will cut it away. If you do what everyone is is doing, you will get their results. Be wary of anyone showing their 1# ranking secrets. Anyone doing that is a short term minded SEO.

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California
Another good resource is niel patels quicksprout guide(s). Not home atm do can't link now but Google it. Good stuff that isn't fads/trends/gonna get slapped by Google.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014

MrVain

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 21, 2015
Philippines
I see there is an INSIDERS sub forum dedicated to this so I'm guessing there's a lot of information in the heads of those on here.

I'm not asking to subvert the paying guys but to see if we could get an SEO for beginners thread going? I did a quick search, checked this subforum and the gold threads and didn't find what I was looking for. (Could have missed it).

If this is acceptable, what are the things you guys would recommend to someone looking to learn and improve quickly. Simple things, some recommended reading, tips and tricks. Good resources to go look into etc.

Oh and I would normally start with a google search but, there's so much junk now, I thought I'd use you guys to help separate the wheat from the chaff. Be a gent, save a noob some time. :)

Thanks.

Follow Neil Patel and read his posts about seo. i got my blog too this might help. seo-tips-basic.blogspot.com

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.