The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Selling High Quality Private Label Products to Entrepreneurs/Businesses in China

Marketing, social media, advertising

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey all,

I have the ability to produce high quality German private label products (with a producer in Germany) in a very profitable niche.

I now have two options:

1. Create my own brand and sell to the German market.

2. Sell to Businesses in China, that want to create their own Private Label Product (German and high quality) for selling in China.

My question to you guys: Is there anyone who has experience with Option 2? I would love to get in touch for exchanging ideas and opinions.

Which option would be the better option to start out with?

Best,
Champion

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
high quality German private label products
That's exactly what China copies left and right.

...or maybe that's a bit harsh.

So, how did you came to conclusion that Chinese will buy your product?

Since you sell HQ product maybe you should sell to U.S.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
That's exactly what China copies left and right.

...or maybe that's a bit harsh.

So, how did you came to conclusion that Chinese will buy your product?

Since you sell HQ product maybe you should sell to U.S.

My product is something you consume (food product).

Chinese consumers have become very sceptical of local producers, thats why I see an opportunity.

Do you have any experience selling products in China?

Best

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky

Chinese consumers have become very sceptical of local producers, thats why I see an opportunity.

How do you know this to be true?

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany

I spent an exchange semester in China and learnt a bit about their culture and the way they think.

Either way, even if it isnt true, China is a big market so there should deffinetly be space for one more person lol.

I want to try this business model of selling private label products to chinese Entrepreneurs (who will then sell it to the endconsumers in China).

Usually it goes the other way around (People in Europe/America buy products from China).

Perhaps I should just try listing my offer on Alibaba and see if chinese people message me.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016

Do you have any experience selling products in China?

Best
Ok, i see your point, i've no experience in selling there.

Perhaps I should just try listing my offer on Alibaba and see if chinese people message me.

I guess that that would be fast market check.

If not, have you tried cold e-mailing companies in China?
You might prepare some samples and send them if they are interested.
That are ideas for now.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

People in China trust supplements made in the USA because they believe that what is on the ingredients label on a product is actually true due to our FDA system and laws surrounding labeling.

That is why whenever a family member travels to the USA they always bring back suitcases of vitamins and supplements.

I know this to be true based on the suitcases of things that my parents and relatives bring back to China and Taiwan on every trip. :smile2:

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
create your own product and sell to the chinese market? b2b and b2c.

Thats my idea, I was just thinking that offering a private label service to other entrepreneurs might help me reach scale faster and selling in bulk too. China is a huge market so..

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
I just spent a month in Shenzhen, China in August. I had an absolute blast but I had a very hard time finding protein powder that I felt comfortable purchasing and consuming.

China definitely has this opportunity. There are people making lots of money in the US just sending powdered milk into China.

I think the best way to start would just be to have a look at what the market is really wanting and give it to them.

You could just post and start with B2C and see how that goes. Even using TikTok or WeChat as well to get some traffic. If you don't mind getting on camera that could work pretty well.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
I just spent a month in Shenzhen, China in August. I had an absolute blast but I had a very hard time finding protein powder that I felt comfortable purchasing and consuming.

China definitely has this opportunity. There are people making lots of money in the US just sending powdered milk into China.

I think the best way to start would just be to have a look at what the market is really wanting and give it to them.

You could just post and start with B2C and see how that goes. Even using TikTok or WeChat as well to get some traffic. If you don't mind getting on camera that could work pretty well.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you think I could get away with an english website selling to chinese? Probably not right?

Do you know if you can run ads on wechat?

Best
Champion

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the reply.

Do you think I could get away with an english website selling to chinese? Probably not right?

Do you know if you can run ads on wechat?

Best
Champion
You'll definitely need to communicate in Chinese, but throwing in some English words on your creative is actually good. I saw it all the time in China, where there'd be an ad with a big word in English slapped on it. Sometimes it was pretty nonsensical.

As far as advertising goes, I am not too familiar with how WeChat works with advertising. I used it mainly to network - but I am sure there are guides for both WeChat and TikTok online.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
You'll definitely need to communicate in Chinese, but throwing in some English words on your creative is actually good. I saw it all the time in China, where there'd be an ad with a big word in English slapped on it. Sometimes it was pretty nonsensical.

As far as advertising goes, I am not too familiar with how WeChat works with advertising. I used it mainly to network - but I am sure there are guides for both WeChat and TikTok online.

Mitch, thanks for your input.

My situation is similar to yours, I spent 4 months in Shanghai and kind of got to know the culture and way of thinking over there.

Im going to research about Advertising on Chinese Social Media and also hit up some of my old contacts from china, perhaps someone that speaks Chinese would want to partner with me on the idea.

The biggest challenge I guess is to find a Chinese speaking partner that I can rely on and who actually means business, not just treating it as a hobby.

Either way, your posts helped me a lot, thanks for that!

Best
Champion

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Mitch, thanks for your input.

My situation is similar to yours, I spent 4 months in Shanghai and kind of got to know the culture and way of thinking over there.

Im going to research about Advertising on Chinese Social Media and also hit up some of my old contacts from china, perhaps someone that speaks Chinese would want to partner with me on the idea.

The biggest challenge I guess is to find a Chinese speaking partner that I can rely on and who actually means business, not just treating it as a hobby.

Either way, your posts helped me a lot, thanks for that!

Best
Champion
No problem! What role will your partner primarily fulfill? Translation and marketing?

Also, are you planning on doing an equity split or a paid position?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.