The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Selling an MS Access File

Idea threads

Phil K

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Dec 29, 2016
Massachusetts
Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience in selling Access databases (or solutions embedded in existing technology)? I'd love to hear if others have any words of wisdom here.

For the past year or so, I've been involved in a hustle that has required me to stay extremely organized regarding various data points on a daily basis.

Because what was on the market either didn't fit exactly what I was looking for or was far too expensive, I took it upon myself to buy a MS Access license and build the solution at night while I wasn't hustling (effectively creating a hustle within the original hustle).

It occurred to me recently that there are lots of folks who might benefit from my solution, and although it's more cumbersome than a web-based tool (which is the ultimate goal), I think it would be worthwhile to test whether others would be willing to pay for my current solution as-is to start.

Obviously I'm limited to folks who have Access licenses (or are willing to buy it separately), and I would need to figure out how to protect the file from being sent to others without my consent, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck doing this (or something similar) before...

Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.