The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

self publishing : help needed

safia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 17, 2013
PARIS, FRANCE
Hello every one
First of all, I wish a happy new year to all of you
may 2015 be the year of full achievement for you
It's been a while since I post here : i've been working on my novel every day, almost every minute since march 2014, in the train to and from the office, after my son fells asleep every evening, even while I sleep (dream and think about it, new scenes, rewriting...)
I haven't finished yet but plan to come to the end soon.
I'd like to know if someone could help me with one thing : since I believe that the market for English books is far more developped than the french one, I would like to have it translated so that I could publish it both in french and English.
I looked on internet but didn't find a satisfied way of have it translated. does anyone of you happen to know where I could find someone able to transalte from french to English ? The book is 100/120 k full length.
Of course I'm prepared to pay for a job well done, just need to know where I could look for.
Thanks in advance if someone could give me a clue, and once again,
Best achievements for u in 2015.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2013
UK
Hello every one
First of all, I wish a happy new year to all of you
may 2015 be the year of full achievement for you
It's been a while since I post here : i've been working on my novel every day, almost every minute since march 2014, in the train to and from the office, after my son fells asleep every evening, even while I sleep (dream and think about it, new scenes, rewriting...)
I haven't finished yet but plan to come to the end soon.
I'd like to know if someone could help me with one thing : since I believe that the market for English books is far more developped than the french one, I would like to have it translated so that I could publish it both in french and English.
I looked on internet but didn't find a satisfied way of have it translated. does anyone of you happen to know where I could find someone able to transalte from french to English ? The book is 100/120 k full length.
Of course I'm prepared to pay for a job well done, just need to know where I could look for.
Thanks in advance if someone could give me a clue, and once again,
Best achievements for u in 2015.
You can get a translator on Elance. Fiverr is cheaper but it's hard to find quality. Let me know if you need specific guidance. I do this type of stuff on a daily basis.

safia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 17, 2013
PARIS, FRANCE
Elance ? ok I'll check there
Thanks a lot, I'll let you know if I find what I'm looking for

Sean P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 4, 2014
oDesk is another freelancing website where you can give an ad. You can pay by the hour and by fixed price(in this case fixed price would be better).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

oble01

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 10, 2013
I agree with hicks, I've used Elance and Fiverr a lot in the past and in general I've found better quality on Elance. However, I have also found some really good quality on Fiverr.

My advice would be to do two things:

1) put a job on Elance with a very good brief. Make it detailed and clear and set a realistic budget. The better the posting the better proposals you'll get.

2) find a few gigs on Fiverr that have GREAT feedback and try them out. Spend $10-$20 on a few different gigs with samples to check the quality. If you find one with good quality you may end up getting a great deal.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
If you ask your friends on Facebook, you might find out one of them knows someone who will do it for free.

I had two books translated this way.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.