The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Self Hypnosis - Beware! 4 Common Mistakes Could Sabotage Your Mind

Anything related to matters of the mind

Does Self-Hypnosis Work For You?

• I've Expereinced Amazing Results. It Works For Me

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Tried It But It Only Had Minor Effects

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Tried It But Didn't Notice Any Effects

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Never Tried But Open To Using It In The Future

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Never Tried It And Never Will

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
Over the last 10 years I have been an avid user of self hypnosis. I am a true believer that it works. The problem was I was listening to abstract new age bullshit. I listened to self-hypnosis tapes that were designed for the event driven masses.

Some of the stuff I was listening to was absolute rubbish. The hypnotist would say things like “You make money freely and easily” or “You love having money in your wallet”. My favorite “Money flows to you easily and automatically”.

If you are going to use self hypnosis Avoid These 4 Mistakes

1.) Avoid Listening to Affirmations That Call Out Events

Recordings telling you will get rich automatically are not only silly, but they are actually causing you more harm than good.

2.) Avoid Listening to Affirmations That Have Abstract Buzzwords

Think about this statement “I am experiencing abundance in all aspects of my life”

Hmmm…

I once had the measles. I was experiencing an abundance of bumps all over my body.

3.) Avoid Listening To Affirmations That Don’t Serve The Development /Execution Of A Process

Watch out, too many hypnosis recordings will have you thinking about the future more than how your gonna get yourself there.

4.) Avoid Listening To Affirmations without Trying To Consciously Screen Them First.

Before you ever go through with any type of self hypnosis (Unless you made the recording Yourself), You should fast forward past the induction and consciously listen to the patter (Affirmations) and listen to what is being said.

Do you even think self hypnosis has any effects? Cast A Vote in the pole and let me know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Do you have examples of the types of hypnosis you do recommend

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
The hypnotist would say things like “You make money freely and easily” or “You love having money in your wallet”. My favorite “Money flows to you easily and automatically”.

holy crap, I have been listening to shit like this about a year ago for a while. "Money flows to you easily and automatically”
RedBull makes money fly :D

HappyFighter

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 29, 2013
Philippines
They say the hypnosis works by lowering the defenses of the conscious mind so that the subconscious mind can be more receptive to suggestions.

I once read a book that gives the metaphor that the conscious mind is like a guard whose sole purpose is to prevent access to a young boy, which is the subconscious mind. The guard is a tough and strict one. That's why we must we must outsmart him in able to get to the young boy. But it's totally worth it because that young boy is powerful and can grant our desires.

Chadi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 19, 2014

Thanks Enki,

This is one of the things that I have on my to do list and I was also planning to record my own voice and not use pre-canned affirmations (or incantations).

Your talked about what not to do and I was certainly planning to use event driven affirmations so I have 2 questions on that:

1- Why are event driven affirmations harmful (or counter-productive if you will)?

2- Can you share with us an example of hypnosis/affirmations that incorporates good practices?

Any recommended further reading or resources?

Thanks

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
1- Why are event driven affirmations harmful (or counter-productive if you will)?

One reason why they are counter-productive, they cause a certain level of cognitive dissonance.

You can keep telling your subconscious mind daily you are going to have a Lamborghini. How long before your subconscious mind completely rejects the idea as bullshit?

What type of person has a Lamborghini?

is it from inherited money?

Could be, but you are not going to tweak your subconscious to have a long lost relative die.

Did they win the lottery?

Could be, but you are not going to tweak your subconscious to pick the right numbers.

Did they make the money on their own?

If so, then How? What are their responses, thoughts, attitudes, behaviors or feelings in everyday situations?

Maybe they did tell their subconscious mind that they would have a Lamborghini one day. However, they most certainly incorporated the right process to become the type of person that could afford one. They did not rely solely on tweaking their thought patterns to believe it was possible. It took a great deal more effort than inward changes.

Imagine you are talking with someone, they bring up a problem they are having. Instantly you feel like you have a million dollar Idea. Instead of focusing strictly on creating a solution, you start imagining all the money you are going to make. The outcome becomes more important than the solution. This becomes especially true if you have bombarded your subconscious mind with grand events to take place in your future.

2- Can you share with us an example of hypnosis/affirmations that incorporates good practices?

Everyone is going to be different. Here is small taste of my daily affirmations.

1.) I am strengthening my ability to listen to others.

2.) I am obsessed with solving problems.

3.) I am focusing on one major problem at a time.

4.) I am committed to developing mastery in (Insert non-commodity skill here).

Why do these work for me?

When I am interacting with others, #1 pops into my head almost immediately. Instead of waiting patiently to say my piece, I intuitively listen instead. #2 accentuates whatever pain points I hear others discuss. #3 & #4 Keep me on course.

Any recommended further reading or resources?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnotherapy

Read the first sentence only. That is all you need to know. Basically….. What responses do you need to have in everyday life while you are on your fastlane path?

Wish I could elaborate more.

I hope that gives you some kind of help

Good luck.

ThaRooster

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 18, 2013
Do you know of any good hypnosis tracks? I've tried some of Glenn Harold's tracks in hg past but it falls in all the categories to avoid that you mentioned

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
Have never done hypnosis, but this reminds me of what is taught in Joe Karbos 'lazy mans way to riches', he shows a way of creating a mindset geared towards success by doing 2 things, the first one is listing your intangible goals (things about our personalities we'd like to change to be more successful eg be more decisive, creative etc) and tangible goals (buy a big house new car etc) and then reading this list every morning and every evening visualising already having the desired wanted goals and being that changed successful person. The second thing is something he calls 'super suggestions' where you go into a state of meditation and lower consciousness and visualise attaining your intangible goals only, but NOT physical goals like 'I have millions in the bank, I own a ferrari ', this is harmful because if our subconscious is assured that we already have our physical goals and desires our minds on a deeper level will lose the motivation to go out and work towards getting them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.