- Joined
- Sep 12, 2018
- Messages
- 22
Rep Bank
$245
$245
User Power: 123%
Hello everyone,
I'm currently facing a dilemma and would greatly appreciate your input. Here's the rundown:
Back in early 2020, I hired a offshore contractor to create a web app based on the CENTS framework, aimed at delivering a seasonal digital product. Here's a quick recap of our journey:
- Our launch in 2021/2022 was challenging due to the app's complexity and unexpected edge cases. Nonetheless, we overcame these hurdles through continuous enhancements and responding to user feedback.
- By the 2022/2023 cycle, we managed to double our sales and introduced several new features to the app.
- Looking ahead to 2023/2024, we're on track for yet another sales doubling, rolled out yearly subscriptions, increased pricing, and implemented more enhancements. The entire operation is now automated. Interestingly, we've attracted the attention of a notable player for a potential acquisition, although our current sales still low primarily just offset the costs of new features and development.
Despite these developments, I'm experiencing burnout. Balancing a full-time job, coordinating with the development team, handling social media, managing email campaigns, and producing content for my YouTube channel (which has 60K subscribers in this app's niche, though finding time for new content is becoming increasingly difficult) is proving to be overwhelming. I'm shouldering all responsibilities apart from the development work. While sales volumes may not be massive, the scalability of our project is undeniable. However, I'm facing challenges with ad optimization, slow affiliate sign-ups, partnerships, and a lead funnel that isn't converting as hoped. The product's seasonal nature further complicates matters.
I'm contemplating what to do next. Would bringing in a partner or hiring a marketing expert make sense? Investing heavily with modest returns feels almost reckless at times—many would've given up by now, but a part of me insists on pushing forward. I question if I'm just motivated or misguided?
Have any of you been in a similar situation, where you've invested significantly in a project with uncertain outcomes? How did you navigate through it? I'd welcome any advice on accelerating growth, and whether exploring brining a partner onboard or seeking professional marketing assistance is advisable. Additionally, if anyone can recommend a reputable marketing agency or individual, I'd be grateful.
Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts and advice.
I'm currently facing a dilemma and would greatly appreciate your input. Here's the rundown:
Back in early 2020, I hired a offshore contractor to create a web app based on the CENTS framework, aimed at delivering a seasonal digital product. Here's a quick recap of our journey:
- Our launch in 2021/2022 was challenging due to the app's complexity and unexpected edge cases. Nonetheless, we overcame these hurdles through continuous enhancements and responding to user feedback.
- By the 2022/2023 cycle, we managed to double our sales and introduced several new features to the app.
- Looking ahead to 2023/2024, we're on track for yet another sales doubling, rolled out yearly subscriptions, increased pricing, and implemented more enhancements. The entire operation is now automated. Interestingly, we've attracted the attention of a notable player for a potential acquisition, although our current sales still low primarily just offset the costs of new features and development.
Despite these developments, I'm experiencing burnout. Balancing a full-time job, coordinating with the development team, handling social media, managing email campaigns, and producing content for my YouTube channel (which has 60K subscribers in this app's niche, though finding time for new content is becoming increasingly difficult) is proving to be overwhelming. I'm shouldering all responsibilities apart from the development work. While sales volumes may not be massive, the scalability of our project is undeniable. However, I'm facing challenges with ad optimization, slow affiliate sign-ups, partnerships, and a lead funnel that isn't converting as hoped. The product's seasonal nature further complicates matters.
I'm contemplating what to do next. Would bringing in a partner or hiring a marketing expert make sense? Investing heavily with modest returns feels almost reckless at times—many would've given up by now, but a part of me insists on pushing forward. I question if I'm just motivated or misguided?
Have any of you been in a similar situation, where you've invested significantly in a project with uncertain outcomes? How did you navigate through it? I'd welcome any advice on accelerating growth, and whether exploring brining a partner onboard or seeking professional marketing assistance is advisable. Additionally, if anyone can recommend a reputable marketing agency or individual, I'd be grateful.
Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts and advice.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
