The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Scam to beat up Somebody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Sunday night I was assaulted inSIDE of a large grocery store and nobody did anything to help me, in spite of me yelling for someone to call the police on 911. This is how the entire group of 2 employees and maybe 15 customers was turned against me. I am telling this here so everyone can be aware of how clever these thugs can be. Only after talking to several police officers over several days and understanding their notes was I able to piece together what actually happened.

I'll make this very short. Guy follows me into the shopping cart area. I'm 60 and somewhat disabled, and move slow. He's maybe 23 and moves fast. I get a cart and am off to the side looking at the ad flyer. He walks past me, gives me the finger, and says F You - which I ignore, but I do look at him. With no reaction, after a few steps, he does it again - and I still ignore him. Now he takes a couple of steps toward me, spits in my face, and says F You again. He spits in my face again and says I'm racist. Now I'm mad and say you better get out of my sight fast loser. He squares off to me and says "are you talking to me?" "Do you want a piece of me?" I square off and walk up to him and again tell him he better get out of my sight right now. He starts swinging at me - I get hit in the head 4-5 times hard. At no time do I try to hit him - as I have domestic violence on my record, so I block his hits, and grab him so he can't hit anymore and tell him he better stop this right now. He agrees. I let him go - he hits me again. Stupid me. Then he goes into the store to shop.

While he is gone, I am holding my left eye, which is swollen shut and bleeding. I go to one of the only two people I can find that work there and say - call 911 - call the police - now. He was within 30 feet of this whole incident. He turns and walks away from me. I go to the only other guy there working and say the same thing. He turns his back on me and continues working (checking people out). I yell for someone to call 911 and have the cops come here now. I don't know if anyone did, but I suspect not because the police would arrive 25-30 minutes later.

Stop here. Why would nobody help me? Why would anyone turn and walk away from someone bleeding?

Here is why. What he was doing was two-fold. First, to provoke me to anger, which worked well, and would play into the second part of his plan. The second part was to make the statement that I'm racist. Not a question, but a statement. Everyone heard that, and assumed that I said or did something to start this - and I am indeed a racist bastard. Now, when I approach him, that looks like a racist bastard now taking things to the next level and I'm going to beat this guy (He is Arab, I am white). When he starts beating on me, it looks like self-defense to everyone, and I am getting a beating that I deserve.

Brilliant! The only way I found this out was from the police report that said two eyewitnesses said I was racist and started the whole thing. When I told the police that I'm a 60-year guy that parked in a handicapped spot and limped into the store, they went with my version. But I guess then entire store believed him, which is why nobody lifted a finger to at least call 911.

My injuries are a swollen shut eye, fractured jaw, and two sets of teeth marks that went through my shirt and into my chest (piercing through the skin) - plus a few sore spots here and there. Not light injuries, unless you call being able to leave under my own power, light.

I also learned that if a senior citizen is assaulted, it goes from a misdemeanor to a felony, at least in my area.

There was another fight when he tried to leave, as I tried to restrain him. That's when he bit me which caused intense pain, and he ran away. The police arrived about 15 minutes later.

Lessons: Should have hit back after a few hits from him. Should have kept him on the ground when I had him there. Should have called 911 myself using my one good eye.

Hopefully, everyone can learn something from this. Don't underestimate these street scum. Don't doubt some of them hate white people and breaking a jaw of one of them would make their day.

Some of them have no honor and no shame, and will lie to your face, and would love to beat you till you bleed. Don't lull yourself into believing otherwise.

If there is a next time, God forbid, the punk will not be leaving under his own power. I'll take my chances with the court.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
491%
Aug 13, 2018
That is shocking.

It's kind of like an in-person version of some of the car accident scams that are out there, where someone intentionally tries to provoke road rage.

Or a really twisted, dark type of flash mob.

I'm sorry you got hurt.

Did the incident get captured on store video footage, by any chance?

Looking back on the situation, would you have any advice on how to react if someone else gets into this same kind of scam? Seems like ignoring the person won't work.

It hits kind of close to home, because I don't live too far away. I'll warn my husband about this.

Just thinking aloud here for some possible defenses to this scam, but curious what you think would be likely to work.
  • Get on your phone right away
  • Walk away briskly and decidedly, either to your vehicle if you can get in and lock it, or to an area that's definitely covered by camera footage in the store (like near the cash registers)
  • Start talking to the aggressor in a pleasant but firm voice, but at a volume that's able to be overheard by anyone who could have overheard the "racist" accusation to garner their sympathy. Use words like, "I'm sorry, I was just standing here minding my own business and you came up and spit in my face. Excuse me, can you clarify what provoked all this?"
  • Assume that bystanders will do nothing. Assume that there are probably one or more "plants" who are on the side of the aggressor and who will set the tone for the behavior of any innocent bystanders. Would-be good samaritans can be easily intimidated by the scowls of one or two people who strategically step in their way when they look like they will intervene.
  • If at all possible, stay in control of your emotions and don't become angry. They are intentionally trying to provoke rage. The method would probably succeed with almost any normal person.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Didn't you post a story a few weeks ago about being yelled at or not helped by a black woman in a restaurant or some shit?

Here you are complaining about losing bids to black people:

I'm no expert on the subject, but if everywhere you go smells like shit, you should probably check the bottom of your shoes.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Streetfights in the Kroger. Hostile letters to companies. Waitresses that dislike you enough to be memorable. Criminal record for domestic violence.

Your fight card seems pretty full for somebody that does nothing at all to provoke. other people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Seems Sketchy that someone followed you inside just to beat you up. Than he finished shopping?

"You want a piece of me?" What young person talks like that now a days.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
"You want a piece of me?" What young person talks like that now a days.
Only those featured in race-baiting fantasies like this one. Makes you really wonder exactly why this was posted on an entrepreneur forum and not Stormfront or /r/The_Donald.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!