The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Go Help Somebody...Today!

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Roughly a month ago a lovely chap called me asking for specific help. He had overpaid for a specific purchase and was due a lovely refund, which he didn't know how to claim. He was somewhat desperate and hopeless, thinking he can't claw back some of the money he had paid...

I insisted meeting me in a lobby of a local hotel. We met there in few minutes and I interrogated him for like an hour. After interrogation was over, I grabbed my laptop and began writing a small document that was probably to guarantee him getting some of his money back...

Fast forward one hour, document was done. I've told him what documents he needs to attach and insisted sending it out tomorrow...

He gladly did so.

Fast forward one month. He received a letter with an attached cheque of €3000. He received his refund. Like 60% of the original price...

And I got nothing out of it. Nada. At least that's what this chap thought.

I knew there must be more folks like him. Who are crying for similar problems to be solved... and off I go... instead of wasting my time on web development, logos, etc. I've designed a lovely poster and posted it on online classified - to see if there's any market...

It took me €10 and roughly 40 minutes to design a poster and post it on a classified. I decided to give it a day and see what response I get...

Usually, when guys post really cool stuff on that specific online classified, their ads get like 400-500 views in a few days and like 20-30 saves. I was expecting to get like 300 eyeballs on my ads and 10 saves in that single day...

One day passes and I turn on my computer... go to statistics and see that more than 1000 people had seen my ad and 105 had saved it for future reference! Oh, and I received like 8 calls in a span of 12 hours asking if this service is available...

I knew I am onto something. Maybe not global, but the feeling of adrenaline had finally reached me again. The last time I had felt like this was before my first business collapsed, swallowing high 5 figure saving...

So, I designed a professionally looking website within just a few days with Wix. Created online contracts so people can sign it and developed a rough business system, which will definitely change its shape.

All is ready to fire. Competition is non-existent yet, people are crying for this service and I have my arsenal in place. Yeah, my confidence is still on its knees due to depression caused by my first business failure, but I can't live in the shadows forever...

Lesson: Helping my friend claw back €3000 and getting nothing in return wasn't a waste of time. It was an opportunity to solve someone's problem and see if more people needed help.

P.S. I had started a progress thread, but decided to go for a week's holiday, because I hadn't been on holiday for like 3-4 years, felt over-exhausted and running on fumes, because of battling depression. So, I decided to go on a holiday, relax, recover and come back stronger than ever. I didn't want to go on holiday, but am glad I did - I feel much better and looking forward to dominating this niche when I get back to a beautiful emerald isle I call home in a few days!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mr.Brandtastic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Sep 27, 2017
Parents' House
Competition is non-existent yet

When it comes to the modern age of customer service, competition is non-existent. What you did was great, what most people give you is a putrid joke of customer disservice, "Maybe if we inconvenience our customers enough, they won't want a refund."

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Im still battling a bit of depression and lack of confidence too so i can relate . But im glad you're finding your way back man I know you'll be back to yourself in no time !

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
When it comes to the modern age of customer service, competition is non-existent. What you did was great, what most people give you is a putrid joke of customer disservice, "Maybe if we inconvenience our customers enough, they won't want a refund."

Thanks, man. Great points made!

Im still battling a bit of depression and lack of confidence too so i can relate . But im glad you're finding your way back man I know you'll be back to yourself in no time !

Thanks for replying. Yes, depression is an ugly bush that can be turned into one of the most precious plants if known how.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Man, this mindframe has seriously changed my life.

Don't have a business idea? Start helping people. Eventually, an idea came along.

Don't know the next step in that biz idea? Start helping people. The next step comes.

And I look at the people I'm bringing along on this journey. Why did I invite them In? Because they f%#king helped people, selflessly.

I just sent out a bunch of small surveys to a few hundred people I know whose input could really help me. A lot did, and a lot didn't. Rather than feel pissed off at the ones that didn't, I actually feel a bit sorry for them. No joke. They are closing off opportunities left right and centre and don't even realise it.

Carol Jones

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
903%
Oct 5, 2017
Rural Australia
And I got nothing out of it. Nada. At least that's what this chap thought.

Good morning @Almantas from Oz,

I so LOVE that quote.

Life is always full of surprises. And can be extraordinarily uplifting when we least expect it. Especially when you experience the buzz. And the unexpected feedback received. When you give to someone straight from the heart.

And for you, how amazing it must be that you discover that you are the biggest benefactor!

Some of the best businesses in the world have their grass roots firmly planted in giving from the heart. I'm sure this embryo of a business will grow into something strong. And highly desirable.

Don't worry about competition, Almantas. They won't have your heart. And that will show every time.

Copycat businesses are just that. They're built on greed. Not on giving their best.

Your service isn't like a me too product. Your service is unique. You're establishing this business because you want to help people. And that will show every time. Because. It's more important to you that you give your best. Rather than count the pennies to see how much profit you're making on each relationship.

And that's what people will talk about when they tell others about you. I'm sure there's some good publicity waiting in the wings for you.

Best wishes. And a big hug. With your breakthrough 'accidental business'. ~Carol❤

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Good morning @Almantas from Oz,

I so LOVE that quote.

Life is always full of surprises. And can be extraordinarily uplifting when we least expect it. Especially when you experience the buzz. And the unexpected feedback received. When you give to someone straight from the heart.

And for you, how amazing it must be that you discover that you are the biggest benefactor!

Some of the best businesses in the world have their grass roots firmly planted in giving from the heart. I'm sure this embryo of a business will grow into something strong. And highly desirable.

Don't worry about competition, Almantas. They won't have your heart. And that will show every time.

Copycat businesses are just that. They're built on greed. Not on giving their best.

Your service isn't like a me too product. Your service is unique. You're establishing this business because you want to help people. And that will show every time. Because. It's more important to you that you give your best. Rather than count the pennies to see how much profit you're making on each relationship.

And that's what people will talk about when they tell others about you. I'm sure there's some good publicity waiting in the wings for you.

Best wishes. And a big hug. With your breakthrough 'accidental business'. ~Carol❤

Thanks for taking your time to respond!

You're very kind Carol! Thanks a bunch for supporting me and believing in my abilities to achieve great things!

Drop me a message if I could be of any assistance to you!

Carol Jones

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
903%
Oct 5, 2017
Rural Australia
Thanks for taking your time to respond!

You're very kind Carol! Thanks a bunch for supporting me and believing in my abilities to achieve great things!

Drop me a message if I could be of any assistance to you!

It's a privilege @Almantas to support you. And watch you grow. Very exciting. And interesting times ahead for you. ~Carol❤

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.