The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Saying "Hi"

KroaX

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 29, 2020
South-Africa
Hi,

I've actually been following the forum for the last six months or so, since I've worked through the Unscripted .

Decided I also need to give back instead of taking the whole time, and what better way than with an introduction. :)

I'm a father of two, in my thirties working as an IT consultant. This pandemic and stress on the economy has really brought out some personalities, especially those of my fellow managers and boss. In my company, which felt like a group of friends, once the boss turned to put pressure on sales and income, he completely lost the human element (i.e. being a real d!ck) in all his interactions and everyone else are just trying to protect themselves and their employment through this pandemic (i.e. not standing up to him). This made me realize, that if I don't move or make a move, this negative environment is really going to impact me and my personal life.

I've started building on my site, with my value proposition that I am pursuing. Once I have it up and running the real work is going to start (i.e. getting people to look at what I can give them). The journey so far has been hard, splitting time between work and family, leaves me with about 10 hours a week to pursue this dream. Also, the last time I coded was about 10 years ago, so there is a lot of things I am learning, which takes a huge chunk of time. However, I feel that once I've built it myself, I can change and pivot as I need to, based on interaction, without it costing me an arm and a leg. Also if it all fails, at least I have the skills to pursue a new venture and I've also built up new skills in the industry I am working in.

This forum, has really been keeping me going. Hearing about the different chances people are taking, and hearing about the occasional successes only brought about by hard work, gives me the enthusiasm to continue and work on my own dreams. If it wasn't for this forum to keep me going after reading Unscripted , I would have probably fallen back into the Hyper realities of the world, moved on with my life, maybe went for another job, but now I'm working at a better life and dream.

So that's me, all the best to everyone on the forum.

and
Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...