While reading MJ's success story for the 100th time in the past 4-5 years, there are certain passages that have stuck with me. One in particular describes so well what I have been going through the past 5 years, and it is frustrating the hell out of me.
The quote is as follows: (Mike please forgive me for quoting you without permission bud! :hl: ).
"I knew what great things I was capable of. I knew the Fastlane way to wealth but just couldn’t get it executed".
My question is this; how many of you feel like you honestly KNOW and UNDERSTAND the secrets MJ and so many of the other experts here have taught us, but have come up short in executing them? (concepts such as doing something BETTER then anyone else, finding a niche, Delaying Gratification, a focus on increasing value to your customer and forgetting the "how can I make money" mentality, etc.)
I graduated college in 2004 with 2 business degrees. Since then, I have absorbed as much information as possible, and have learned more then I could possibly post here. My drive has increased ten fold, and my thought process is now a complete 180 from where I was when I graduated (I used to be "that guy" referenced in MJ's story who was eager to buy that new Mustang GT and live in that kick-a$$ apartment, ie; the "facade of wealth" as Mike says). However, since "discovering the fastlane" (
), I completed an MBA, invested in the stock market, purchased a primary residence AND rental property, paid off debt, and saved money. I have lived below my means, built a great credit score (780), and saved almost $30,000 towards retirement in a 401k (I know I know, a "slow-lane" vehicle, but I still did it). I have also worked my asss off, been promoted 3 times, and have worked my way up the ladder fast approaching that 100k salary. IMO, not too bad for a poor kid from NJ in only a few years (I’m 26 now).
Heres my problem; I AM STILL IN THE RAT RACE! I still live paycheck to paycheck due to my mortgage, and you bet your asss I still search for my salvation on the weekends! Despite having increased motivation, education, and DRIVE every year, I feel as though I still haven’t found my "niche". I still haven’t come across an idea I feel strongly enough to pursue to the ends of the earth to escape this. I know with every "self-made millionaire" story I read that I WILL be amongst those ranks..but I just haven’t figured out a way to do it yet. I KNOW there is millions to made on the internet, but have not found a site idea I want to run with yet. However, one thing I have learned as the years fly by faster and faster is that time will not WAIT for me to do something. I have gotten in better financial shape every year since I graduated..but feel as though I am still so far away from where I want to be.
Anyways, I know there are others here running that hampster wheel who probably feel the same way, so I'm hoping with this thread we can help motivate each other. :cheers: I know that 100% of my success in life entails ACTION, so I know what I have to do here. It’s just a matter of DOING it at this point!
All the best guys,
-Mike
The quote is as follows: (Mike please forgive me for quoting you without permission bud! :hl: ).
"I knew what great things I was capable of. I knew the Fastlane way to wealth but just couldn’t get it executed".
My question is this; how many of you feel like you honestly KNOW and UNDERSTAND the secrets MJ and so many of the other experts here have taught us, but have come up short in executing them? (concepts such as doing something BETTER then anyone else, finding a niche, Delaying Gratification, a focus on increasing value to your customer and forgetting the "how can I make money" mentality, etc.)
I graduated college in 2004 with 2 business degrees. Since then, I have absorbed as much information as possible, and have learned more then I could possibly post here. My drive has increased ten fold, and my thought process is now a complete 180 from where I was when I graduated (I used to be "that guy" referenced in MJ's story who was eager to buy that new Mustang GT and live in that kick-a$$ apartment, ie; the "facade of wealth" as Mike says). However, since "discovering the fastlane" (
Heres my problem; I AM STILL IN THE RAT RACE! I still live paycheck to paycheck due to my mortgage, and you bet your asss I still search for my salvation on the weekends! Despite having increased motivation, education, and DRIVE every year, I feel as though I still haven’t found my "niche". I still haven’t come across an idea I feel strongly enough to pursue to the ends of the earth to escape this. I know with every "self-made millionaire" story I read that I WILL be amongst those ranks..but I just haven’t figured out a way to do it yet. I KNOW there is millions to made on the internet, but have not found a site idea I want to run with yet. However, one thing I have learned as the years fly by faster and faster is that time will not WAIT for me to do something. I have gotten in better financial shape every year since I graduated..but feel as though I am still so far away from where I want to be.
Anyways, I know there are others here running that hampster wheel who probably feel the same way, so I'm hoping with this thread we can help motivate each other. :cheers: I know that 100% of my success in life entails ACTION, so I know what I have to do here. It’s just a matter of DOING it at this point!
All the best guys,
-Mike
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
