The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ROI for adwords in relation to adsense?

Smooth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Mar 20, 2010
If you spend $50 on adwords, what can you expect to make in additional adsense? What would determine your outcome? What can maximize earnings? Has anyone actually done the financial analysis?

The reason I ask is because I just received a free $75 to spend in adsense, and I want to make sure I am maximizing my earning potential.

At the same time, I figure that if I make back more then $75, I can just put my website into the "fast lane" and accelerate earnings by re-investing into adwords campaigns...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
I think you meant you got $75 free in adwords. Your ROI in adwords depends on what your market is and what your keywords are. For example, I know for the keyword "Auto Insurance Quotes" it costs someone around $35 for ONE click, but if you do something simple like "dogs" (NEVER do btw) it might cost you .15 a click.

Keywords, in adwords terms, are words that which typed into google make google display your add. You want these ad DESCRIPTIVE as possible. For example, if you told google to display your add when someone typed in "dogs" your ad would be displayed 50 times a second since it's a very popular search term.

The thing is that very few if anyone is/are? going to buy something using that term. Most of the people who type "dog" want pictures or just some information, not something to buy. So a good keyword would be "buy dog food" or something that a BUYER ONLY would type in google and not just a browsers with no money their hands. This is a common mistake that KILLS people and their ROI.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I think your talking about adsense arbitrage and it's against adwords TOS. You a bit late on that boat, about 10 years too late.

sswift

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Mar 11, 2010
Miami
i like your blog,

BUT

I checked it out last week, and enjoyed it. This week I went to check it again, and did not enjoy it as much. Why? The content has not changed. So I didn't spend as much time on it. I do like where the Ad is.

Smooth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Mar 20, 2010
I'm a full-time student and also run another business so it's hard to update content frequently. Comparable websites such as entrepreneur.com and inc.com update about once a week.

I'm working on partnering with or paying people to write for the website...

I'm glad you like the ad placement. I'm considering adding a link tower to the bottom of the right hand side menu. Thoughts?

TheRiskTaken

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 24, 2010
Promote some other company's product/service if they have an affiliate program. Put up an ad on yahoo ads, pay less per click than your earning per click, add similar keywords; ads;, cut the ones with low ROI, keep the ones with good ROI, then transfer this to MSN (x2 revenue), and finally Google(x4 revenue). Profit. Reinvest.

Short way to sum it up.

Smooth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Mar 20, 2010
What affiliate programs do you recommend? Also, would you recommend writing an article and actually pitching the product, or just have affiliate ads on the side similar to how my adsense is right now? I would really rather not pitch products to my readers...

ScottHardy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Mar 29, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I spend thousands of dollars on AdWords, Yahoo and MSN ads every month. In general, I'll get 10 - 20% of my total ad spend back via AdSense. As has been stated you can't spend $50 on Google AdWords and expect to get $75 back in AdSense clicks. That just doesn't work. Remember, even if you're selling a product you're lucky to get a 10% conversion rate from clicks. So if you pay for 100 clicks to sell a T-Shirt, you'll be lucky to get 10 orders. It'll probably be in the 5% range.

ADD MORE CONTENT! One article a day, even a brief 2 - 3 paragraph article, can really make a difference.

I hope that helps! Good luck!

Scott

Smooth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Mar 20, 2010
Scott...what's the address to your website?

(And I do try to write as often as possible, but I have other business interests to worry about as well...I started this a few months ago hoping that it could eventually provide me with a small yet steady income. In the future I would like to either outsource some or all of the writing through either pay-per-article contracts or equity partnerships.)

ScottHardy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Mar 29, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Smooth, the website is TopClassActions dot com (I can't post links yet.) I completely understand how difficult it is to write on a regular basis. I've written more than 600 pages of content for TCA. It's tough!

I would recommend hitting up the local Journalism school if you live in a city with a University. You can get some great, well written, content relatively inexpensively. Likely $5 - $10 per post (if the pay is averaging $10 per hour they're pretty happy) and if you offer extra incentives for articles with a high amount of traffic and ad clicks all the better.

Good luck!

Scott

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!