The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rich in time, but poor in money. Time to go fastlane!

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Hi, everyone. I'm 25 years old, Chicago burbs born and raised. I've just finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane and it has honestly changed my life. I've always had an entrepreneurial bone in my body, even started my own mobile car detailing business one summer in college which, while slowlane, paid the bills all summer long. I learned some hard lessons about life and worth ethic while serving four years in the military, which gave me the motivation to finish an entire bachelors degree at the top of my class in slightly less than 3 years without incurring a single cent in debt. I loathe the 9-5 lifestyle and promised myself I would never end up in a cubicle, so right after graduation last spring, an opportunity came for me to join a major airline as a flight attendant. I somehow managed to be one of the 2% of all applicants to get hired. The pay is pretty poor, sub 25k a year, but being a union job, it increases in steps and can reach close to the slowlane jackpot of $100,000 within 10 years time and I work unsupervised. I get a very good health benefits package for cheap.

Where I'm poor in money, I am very rich in time with a lot of flexibility, and as @MJ DeMarco says, time is your most important asset. If I wanted to go to Tokyo or Paris, I could do it tomorrow, and that's no joke. I also get unlimited training in the fine art of customer service, being that delays are a part of life and people generally treat me like excrement even in good weather. This will serve me well. Like most J.O.B's, I will never get rich if I stay here, but I sucked it up and moved back in with my parents and have since been saving half of my income every month which becomes my liquid capital reserve, which will be in the five digit's by year's end. I also emptied out my slowlane 401k and took the penalty rather than let it anguish for the next 40 years so I can have a princely $60,000 to buy adult diapers with at the nursing home. The Fastlane book has provided me a mental groundwork for what comes next, my own business or real estate amibitions, and with my flexibility I can still work full time while grooming my new project, whatever it ends up being. That's all for now, I'm glad to be here, let's get some.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great intro and back story. Sounds promising!

Welcome to the forum, glad you enjoyed TMF !!

What part of the Chicago burbs?

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
Working as a flight attendant sounds like an excellent chance to listen for business opportunities! People are always miserable on flights and complaining about what inconveniences them about the traveling experience.

Reading TMF has really changed my daily thought patterns to constantly be looking out for those key phrases "I hate it when..." or "Why can't this be easier?"

Best of luck man and welcome!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Thanks for the link. I wouldn't mind setting myself up with a bungalow in Thailand. Also noticed you're former Navy aircrew, I was a Navy airframer (AM) in a search and rescue / ASW squadron. You guys earned your stripes for sure.
ATCS (NAC), VP, VQ and VAW

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.