The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reverse yelp. Useful for contractors, service providers, big ticket clients, etc.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Exactly. The point is to give a more informal replacement for background checks. I’m not going to background check a client before building them a website, but I’d happily search their name in 10 seconds and see if other people have been screwed by this guy or not. It would be great for new employees too.
get universal adaption to it, and have facial recognition tied in with it so that I can have my AI camera pick them up, and display their history as they come up to the counter, just so that I know if they'll be jerks or not :)
would be a companies wet-dream, but probably won't happen in my lifetime

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cyberthal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 14, 2020
Shenzhen
If I really wanted to do this, I would go full anonymous. Cryptocurrency payments. Bulletproof overseas hosting.

There would have to be a fee to post information. And the ability to pay for arbitration of cases.

The records should be largely public, to draw traffic. But details should be paywalled.

Your ultimate barrier to entry will be the legal systems of major countries trying to enforce judgments against the site, and/or criminal complaints.

It's not a bad idea. Half scam, half public service. The Internet court of opinion.

Infogalactic has a similar concept, with companies able to pay to control their own pages. Factionalism is one way to handle controversy. One might use their software to expand the concept to the general population.

Cyberthal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 14, 2020
Shenzhen
Actually, I think factionalism is the answer here, and also named witness testimony.

You can say whatever you want about anyone else, but you have to say it under your own name, and defend your statement in court, which may order it taken down if you lose. Admins comply with court orders.

Factions testify to the trustworthiness of sources, and adjudicate disputes. The site admins aren't a faction. They merely create the infrastructure to support factions.

Starting out, there'd have to be a fee for user ID verification. Eventually that could go freemium as factions and corporations foot the bills.

It would probably be better to start as a B2B premium-only site, to avoid massive legal exposure due to public accessibility.

Factionalism is on the roadmap of Infogalactic and described in Moldbug's Revipedia.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
@Ocean Man, check this thread out.
Could be of interest to you.
Eek...I was talking about this with you last time, after you posed a similar idea.
Not sure how I missed out this thread lol...

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
@Ocean Man, check this thread out.
Could be of interest to you.
Eek...I was talking about this with you last time, after you posed a similar idea.
Not sure how I missed out this thread lol...
Me and him actually met up and I told him he should do it but he’s doing his own project right now.

scott wisniewsk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Aug 23, 2007
wisconsin
Love the concept , it has crossed my mind many a times . As why doesn't somebody do this I would be on board. My thoughts as to ratings for people would be more muted . As leaving like a street light rating . Like Red or Yellow or Green to my interactions with them . The would help keep legal defamation action on you. Note not a lawyer

Redwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
May 6, 2018
Southern California
My thoughts as to ratings for people would be more muted . As leaving like a street light rating . Like Red or Yellow or Green to my interactions with them.

Nice, I also like the idea of no wordage. Just do a rating, stop light, stars, tacos, whatever. Everyone understands the 5 star rating system. Or just do a "Would want them as a customer again" "Would not want them as a customer again" system and let the site average the rating.

Let's not debate how most reviews are only ever 1 or 5 stars, that's another topic, heh.

Cyberthal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 14, 2020
Shenzhen
Rating people is actually a good idea. Leave reviews, like Amazon. Rules:

1. Real name, either of a person or of a person writing on behalf of a corporation.
2. Fee per review. Amount is voluntary. Reviews are ranked by dollar value, by default.
3. Others can rate a review as helpful/unhelpful, and comment on reviews. Ratings and comments require real name and are publicly transparent.
4. Others can pay to the boost a review's dollar rank.

The dollar rank both monetizes the site and expresses a measure of the motivation (and resources) behind a review.

The host is a platform, not a publisher. Defamation suits are passed straight through to the author.

Expect to get deplatformed by credit card processors, including personally.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.