The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Resources on overcoming limiting beliefs and mindset in general

Anything related to matters of the mind

Bernardo De Mach

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
May 31, 2020
United Kingdom
So,
Through my entrepreneurship journey i've realised mental framework and state is the most important factor and what makes the difference regardless of circumstance. I want to do serious work on my mindset and make lasting change, but I have poor self awareness and need help on finding limiting beliefs. Any books or recommendation. Btw I might have alexthymia but can access my emotions whilst high on cannabis

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
OP, the best way is to put yourself in situations you have never been in before, you will learn much about yourself and at the end of the journey you will not be the same person, you may not even have the same goals.

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
I do not care about limiting beliefs. I am very pessimistic about myself. Yet, I have never been so pessimistic that I did not start actually doing the task. And then done beats doubt.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Take a look here and see what others are doing.

The conversation is ongoing

Speculatooor

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
I recommend two books about this topic

1. Awaken The Giant Within - Tony Robbins

2. Personality Isn't Permanent - Benjamin Hardy

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
So,
Through my entrepreneurship journey i've realised mental framework and state is the most important factor and what makes the difference regardless of circumstance. I want to do serious work on my mindset and make lasting change, but I have poor self awareness and need help on finding limiting beliefs. Any books or recommendation. Btw I might have alexthymia but can access my emotions whilst high on cannabis
Watch Paralympic.

JaceG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 7, 2021
So,

Great questions Bernardo. I remember when I first started realizing the same things you were talking about, it was also the first time I really started to grasp the concept of information overload.

Long story short, I ended up getting addicted to reading. It started with self-help books, which I'll recommend some authors below. But eventually, it turned into basic scientific research books written by authors that pretty much make a career out of disseminating basic research. Basic Research is the part of science that makes basic discoveries that other scientists use to hypothesize and prove theories by (hopefully) trying to disprove them. This is very similar to the entrepreneur process, so I use it to also explore the social sciences. To sum this up as brutally honest as I can, no one has sufficient answers, you are never going to find any answers that satisfy you for long enough, and everyone is pretty much trying to sell you on the wrong answers for you. Unfortunately, you have to invent your own answers, which probably will be mostly wrong for everyone else in your life if you're super lucky. Everything is pointless, all opinions and beliefs are wrong, BUT this gives you the power to choose. Even when I'm not in a philosophical state of mind like this, which is most of the time, I contradict this and will act like I have the absolute truth.

Books that lean pragmatic are going to be most useful for someone who is looking for a mindset, straight up metaphilosophy will only create more anxiety.

Authors such as:

Nassim Nicholas Taleb (I suggest all his books, but you will probably find Antifragile the most valuable, which might require reading the first two of his books, Fooled by Randomness and Black Swan to give proper context)

Carol Dweck (Mindset was the original basic research on the Growth Mindset back in the 1980s I think? Don't quote me on that. Mindset is everything that MJ distilled into entrepreneurship, as well as countless others have been reinventing ever since.)

Anything by Mark Manson and Dr Robert Glover

Charles Duhigg (habits are everything, anything and everything written on habits and routines is probably great. Especially stuff for people with ADD, as our digital society has given us all the symptoms of ADD.)

Most of all, I recommend Robert Greene. His shit is dense, I suggest building a habit of reading all his books yearly. He writes on topics so big and seemingly undefinable that they are simultaneously exoteric and esoteric. Those topics that are hard to define but summed up in a single word, like: Power, Seduction, Persuasion, Mastery, Celebrity, Strategy, and Human Nature.

My Bias towards amorality, pragmatism, and empirical skepticism is high, if your bias leans more towards new age or religion, I would suggest easing yourself into the authors mentioned, except for Carol Dweck. Look into comprehensive philosophy stuff, like School of Life on YouTube Eastern Philosophy and Western, as well as Crash Course on YouTube, all their Philosophy stuff is great. For Books, I suggest Paul Strathern's Philosophy in 90 Minutes series, as well as Great Ideas Of Philosophy by The Great Courses. Also The Philosopher's Toolkit by The Great Courses is great.

Journaling helped me immensely and turns out Psychoanalysis works great when we use it on ourselves... not so much as a therapy for others, although it's what many life coaches use. I learned Psychoanalysis from marketing, and incenditally started using it on myself to great results. I didn't even know that's what I was doing until years later when I started learning more about all the different types of psychology. But Journaling, I can't stress that enough. Also document shit, we look at time wrong, as we see it backwards but it moves forward. This might not make any more sense than the words make sense, so I suggest just remembering it and your brain will figure out what it means as you continue to explore your self. Also Nassim Taleb helped me see time better.

Final Note: Keep track of the authors and books mentioned by authors in the books you read that you either

A) Enjoy

B) Don't Understand

Book that you won't understand are rarer than one would think. Books that make us feel dumb are the books we need to read the most. They don't teach that part of reading comprehension now. I think of the story of Abe Lincoln reading Euclide over and over until he started to understand it, and used the mathematical principles of geometry to help him navigate his mental illness in the real world when so many others like him got lost in psychosis at his time in history. Books that make us feel dumb, are making us stronger, like how the pain from working out is weakness leaving the body. Lean into that shit.

Final Personal Note: I haven't figured out the shit you're asking about, I've just accepted things take longer than I want. Almost nothing of value worth learning "clicks", we just realize we understand it years after starting to try. And eventually the urgency to get into the future turns into momentum that carries you there with the right habits. Also have I mentioned how important Journaling is despite how stupidly boring it feels if we aren't doing it habitually already?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.