The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reputable website sale sites?

DAWilliams

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jun 17, 2018
Several months ago, I started a website in the fiction writing niche, as it’s one I’m very familiar with and I wanted to have a hand in helping other writers do their thing. I got several clients (ghostwriting and editing, mainly) which was great for supplementing book income, but the time has come to move back into my own projects and use the funds I’ve been putting into developing and marketing the site back into those endeavors instead.

So I put the site up for auction yesterday on Flippa. But it came (fairly quickly afterwards) to my attention that Flippa doesn’t have the best reputation and a lot of scam artists frequent the joint. But, when I searched around for a better option, it looks like most other reputable website brokers deal only with 10k+-100k+ website sales. With a buy it now price of 8.5k I’m not a big enough fish. So where’s the best place to go? Live with Flippa?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Several months ago, I started a website in the fiction writing niche, as it’s one I’m very familiar with and I wanted to have a hand in helping other writers do their thing. I got several clients (ghostwriting and editing, mainly) which was great for supplementing book income, but the time has come to move back into my own projects and use the funds I’ve been putting into developing and marketing the site back into those endeavors instead.

So I put the site up for auction yesterday on Flippa. But it came (fairly quickly afterwards) to my attention that Flippa doesn’t have the best reputation and a lot of scam artists frequent the joint. But, when I searched around for a better option, it looks like most other reputable website brokers deal only with 10k+-100k+ website sales. With a buy it now price of 8.5k I’m not a big enough fish. So where’s the best place to go? Live with Flippa?

Check out this site, it's my go to resource on buying/selling websites, especially smaller ones like yours. Really good forum. Read the stickied posts, ones got a list of places you could sell it.

Selling a Website, Blog, Domain or Business

Jason "GrandK"

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jun 17, 2018
Pacific Northwest

FWIW, I have used Flippa on two different occasions and had zero issues. I used the Flippa escrow to make sure everything was delivered correctly before payment was released.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DAWilliams

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jun 17, 2018
FWIW, I have used Flippa on two different occasions and had zero issues. I used the Flippa escrow to make sure everything was delivered correctly before payment was released.
Thanks so much, that alleviates some of the unease I’ve had going into this!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.