The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Represent an idea!

Idea threads

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Incredibly wise words from Will Smith. I've watched this video hundreds of times and it just resonated with me incredibly! Watch it and enjoy:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M88uMRwsj0U"]YouTube - Will Smith segment on Tavis Smiley[/ame]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I always loved Will Smith, seems like such a humble guy. If I ever produced a movie, Will Smith would be my first choice for the lead role. He can make an entire movie.

"If you stay ready, you don't need to get ready"

Salinger

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
May 31, 2009
Colorado
He said some good stuff there.

His talk about alchemy got me thinking. We all have some kind of "lead" that we can turn into gold. The trick is discovering what your lead is and learning how to perform the magic.

Here's my favorite quote from the interview:
"I am not afraid to die on a treadmill. I will not be outworked."
If we all adopted that attitude and lived up to it, we would be absolutely unstoppable.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I always loved Will Smith, seems like such a humble guy. If I ever produced a movie, Will Smith would be my first choice for the lead role. He can make an entire movie.

"If you stay ready, you don't need to get ready"

Will's movies are awesome. I've seen and liked almost ever movie he had.. The last one 7 Pounds was quite shocking for me and definitely great one. It also inspired my blog's name :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
If I ever produced a movie, Will Smith would be my first choice for the lead role. He can make an entire movie.

:nono: no such thing as the word "if"

But yea, it's amazing how far he's come since The Fresh Prince and to think he turned down MIT for his "singing career" which has now turned into a behemoth in both the music industry and motion pictures, best of all, in this pop-culture of "thugs" he's doing it the right way, even Eminem had to give him props- "Will Smith don't have to cuss in his raps to sell records" :smxB:

He said some good stuff there.

His talk about alchemy got me thinking. We all have some kind of "lead" that we can turn into gold. The trick is discovering what your lead is and learning how to perform the magic.

Will Smith is definitely a real life King Midas- everything he touches turns to gold, but as he said, it takes hard work and sadly that's what most people don't see, much like the late-great King of Pop, they became master's of their arts through working harder than anyone else!

In addition, Will Smith is a great lesson for fastlaners who are stuck because they believe they have to be original, I've said it before- Henry Ford didn't invent the car, Bill Gates didn't invent the computer, Sergei Brinn didn't invent the internet, they took it and made it better, much like Will Smith's acting and music career, a lot if it was remaking/remixing old ideas and making them better

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008
Y'know - he's also among a small handful in Hollywood who don't seem to have allowed themselves to fall into the "I am special" trap. Some of Hollywood's brightest stars have solid marriages, good relationships with their kids, a lack of drug/alcohol issues etcetera - Tom Hanks, Denzel...

Most people who enjoy success over a long period of time seem to fit that mold. Solid foundation, know who they are, know what they believe and why they believe and they know what they want to achieve personally.

Count me among the Will Smith fans, gifted actor, happy person. I admire him more for being the latter than the former.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.