The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Remarketing an existing product/ product testing it in the new market

Marketing, social media, advertising

Woodsman81

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Dec 10, 2017
Alma co
I am a landscaper in the summer. There is a tool that is already on the market but, doesn't seem to be marketed towards the use I want to use it for. It actually took me awhile to actually find the product (the actual product I wanted in the quality that I wanted) This tool would be used specifically for planting large spruce trees. Me being the person that purchases the tools at my company I know I would buy five of these, but I don't know if other companies would. This tool doesn't necessarily make the planting of the tree easier it gives it better quality.
I am sure there is a ton on the forms on how to product test. I am trying to be as specific with my product is possible without giving away the actual product in hopes that I can get a little more detail on how you guys would go about testing this product. I was thinking of sending emails to landscape companies explaining my product with a link that would lead them to my website ( sounds expensive and time-consuming) where they can purchase the product but, I have no product to sell so I guess I just need to count the buy button clicks? Another problem with product testing at the moment is it is the offseason. Would it be wise to run a 3 Day special or something along those lines? I don't feel like people are going to purchase something that they do not need to use for another five months which would give me inaccurate product testing.

Here are some of the questions I have.
1. Is it wise to remarket an existing product?
2. Would you want to produce the product on your own or buy the existing one and resell it( I guess this depends on how much it cost to produce and how much it cost to purchase the existing one).

I am as green as it gets to this entrepreneurship stuff! I feel like I am rambling I am not sure how to take the first step so please talk to me like I am a two year old trying to learn to walk. I know this idea won't make me a millionaire but feel like it's one step closer to not trading time for money in Walking the sidewalk.
Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.