The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

redundant thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Answers to these questions are wisdom gold mines for young people, if they can recognize it.

So, what would you tell your 18 year old self if you had the chance to do so?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Turchetto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 23, 2013
Answers to these questions are wisdom gold mines for young people, if they can recognize it.

So, what would you tell your 18 year old self if you had the chance to do so?

The idea's I had then are the same one's I'm essentially running with now. What I didn't have at the time for all my ideas that have worked out since, was the whole process. The process that allows you to achieve those money making goals, essentially I had a 500 world vocabulary and I was acting like I had a PhD in English literature. I didn't really have any idea what I was doing, I was working off of hope not knowledge and of course I inevitably gave up on things that would definitely have led to greener pastures, had I built my vocabulary up before testing the waters. You hear other peoples inspiring stories and you simply think you can execute an idea on fairy tale ideals :p and replicate someone else's expertly laid out process. Keep dreaming kid, the second I realised all of this was 4 years later, I was just about to turn 22 and a friend mentioned some things he was doing that were earning him 4 figures a month at the time (just about) and I obviously wanted to know more. The only difference between what he was doing and what I had done was, he'd skipped the building the process and was buying tailor made accounts/pages, I followed suit and before we knew it we were both making significantly more than those 4 figures.

We'd caught onto something in the middle of it's rise not too early or too late and we took advantage of people's willingness to sell tailored accounts for niche audiences we could then advertise to as we wished, will providing entertaining & relevant content to them at the same time.

I have other ideas that have worked out and haven't because I'm missing bits of information, that aren't freely shared otherwise everyone would be doing the same thing, and those who are truly making money in their field don't give out freebies, unless you're very good friends and don't consider each other competition of course.

That's why The Millionaire Fastlane is my favourite book of this year, since reading it I've had to reevaluate everything I do, everything is a process and you don't just arrive at the finish line having done diddly squat except feeling entitled or deserving of fortune (which I did). The book is great at identifying obvious flaws in 99.9% of us as we dream about a better tomorrow and just want it given to use in some easy 5 step manual
instead of actually doing some hard work and building knowledge to get there.

Anyway I'm not exactly the best person to answer I haven't made my millions yet, and I've lost assets that could have potentially made me that much (not annually) but over the course of a few years. But I've had my taste of the good stuff even if the moment was brief, I know now what it takes to at least climb the mountain. And I can take those lessons in any future endeavours, also I'd like to add I had great support from my family supporting my ideas and sometimes plain stupidity. If I'd had worse family members (In this aspect of life) I'd have felt down on my luck and would likely be rotting, depressed in some dead end job right now. Instead with them and a nice book :p I'm optimistic for the future and feel motivated to achieve my dreams and financial freedom.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007