• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

WEB/DIGITAL Recommend a good book in basic web design?

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by china, Oct 10, 2007.

1. china

china New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $57
    Can anyone recommend a good book in basic web design? Or maybe a few good books?

I'm looking for something really basic like how to pick a web host, how to buy a domain name, how to download and get photos on the internet, etc. I have a publishing background and I've known how to do traditional computer typesetting for years so I'm not confused with HTML. What I really need to know is how to get all of this stuff put on the internet.

I tried to figure out FTP about 10 years ago and had trouble with that so I need something that spells it all out for complete idiots. Something like "Web Design for First Graders."

Does anything this simplistic exist? Also, I'd like to get something that's been printed in the last year or so because, as we all know, stuff on the internet gets outdated really fast.

Help!!!!

2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $366,388
    Admin Post
    There's got to be a "Dummies" book out there. Despite the name "Topic for Dummies" books usually are the novice level -- I own dozens of them as they offer great introductory content.

Do a search at Amazon for "Web Publishing" or "Website"

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b...-keywords=web+publishing+&Go.x=5&Go.y=8&Go=Go

Check each description for the topics you're weak on.

Personally, if I'm embarking on a new skill-set, I hit the book store and thumb-thru dozens of books to ensure they contain the content i'm trying to learn.

3. aptohosting

aptohosting Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $173
  4. John Stafford

John Stafford New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $43
    Hello,

It's not a book but this tutorial will teach you HTML
    in a good down to earth type fashion:
    http://www.pagetutor.com

I'm a big fan of all his stuff.

John

5. lucas

lucas New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $42
    Everything you want to learn can be found by diligent googling. More up-to-date and more thorough than any physical book could ever be.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.