The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Really good (but obscure) business books?

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
on the 'how can you read so many books' topic, according to the netflix documentary, Bill Gates reads 150 pages/hour, and will read 15 books on a short trip. The person being interviewed about him says that he retains 90 percent of what he reads. I believe it based on other stories I've read about him.

Some people can read a lot, and retain almost everything they read. I'm not one of them. I'll read 1-2 books a month.

My book recommendation: The Road Less Stupid by Keith Cunningham. The author is highly experienced in business. Every other word is wisdom itself. His main point? Spend 3 hours a week in "Thinking Time." Each of his short chapters in the book is centered around a topic for your to consider during Thinking Time. At the end of each chapter is a list of questions for you to work through.
Great book, halfway through it myself thanks for recommending it

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
Another one I just read that's not strictly business but definitely worth a read:

Dressing to Win by Robert Pante

It was originally published in 1984 but seems like it should be a classic and recommended to every business and job seeking person. It's a fascinating look into the psychology of clothing and is mainly aimed at people dressing for business. Seriously FASCINATING. It's available on Amazon but I got it out of the Open Library for free if you want to go that route.

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
I'm a fast reader, and run a book club for Business and Personal Development Books. My sweetie is a CEO. I read the books, create a synopsis with action points, and give it to him. He is a faster reader, and gives it to his CTO to implement. Systems work!

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
Yea, it's pretty bad. Psychology just underwent a crisis where we found about 50% of all the things we knew turned out to basically be total bullshit.
Wow. Thanks for sharing. Wonder if anything is going to actually change now, or if they’ll continue promoting this stuff as best practice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
Take notes. Don't just straight up copy sentences, put it in my own words.
Thanks. I’m going to try this with books I already read, bookmarked and highlighted. I feel like nothings been sticking.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.