The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

REAL PROGRESS THREAD:19 Yr. Old - $35 To $1 Million in 12 Months!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ashj1893

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 14, 2011
Hey guys, I've been through hell all of my life, and I've shared some of my horrible experiences in a couple of threads I made (check my profile for the threads, I'm not gonna go into it). Yet, I've seen so many "progress threads" and the like by people who have so many times more resources connections than I do, yet they've given up, or they "forgot" about their goals, or what not. I have also read many threads and posts by people that are completely lost, yet they've "read the book multiple times". I've come to the conclusion that there is an an overwhelming amount of Action Fakers and people that are simply chasing the "event", whilst trying to avoid the "PROCESS" as much as possible. That being said, this is the thread where I chronicle my journey to a Million Dollars in Cash/Liquid Assets in 12 months, after taxes; with just $35 in starting capital. It will be a mix of the multiple income streams in the beginning, and will solidify into fewer and more profitable, albeit riskier avenues. Here's my current methods of acquiring my net worth...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bootstrapping

I will use the $35 that I have (20 that I should be getting today, and another 5 tomorrow, plus 10 that I already have) to purchase vintage Video Games to flip for immediate profits..and keep doing so until I get into the bigger items like Consoles and other Electronics like Apple products. This will make me 5 figures within a few months, especially if combined with....

Part - Time Work

I will be actively looking for part time work to get myself a place to live and pay my bills, as well as covering the costs of furthering my Fastlane Education + working capital for ventures.

GED

The Housing Program that I am staying at will give a laptop worth hundreds of dollars, for completing my GED, which will open up many options for me, which I can get rid of for straight cash, or cheaper laptop and cash, or some kind of other profitable combination..Not to mention it can even serve as a backup to the laptop I have now.

Internet Marketing

I will venture back into Affiliate Marketing, this time around I will be building websites that will convert well, as opposed to trying to do what the masses are doing and never making any money. I will also create my own product/membership/service to sell...Further information To Be Announced.

Miscellaneous

- Teaching myself Web Programming (Learning XHTML/CSS atm. It will serve me well to be able to code myself in the near future..I will know how to make good websites within a few months.)
- Learning the ins/outs of Internet Marketing (Copywriting, SEO, Reverse Engineering, Product Launches, etc)
- Random Self-Improvement/Inspirational Material to keep my mind on the Fastlane.

While this plan may sound very unorthodox, I WILL accomplish my goal..in fact I will make MORE than a million, I see myself make MILLIONS! Things will be further elaborated upon as I continue this path towards wealth and power..but for now, you get the basic blueprint. Also, there are three things I care about in the following order..just three, not including automatic givens such as my Myself and my health, my Mother(I mean, she did try her best :) ), and so forth..

#1. Business. - I mean, I've been into it all my life, so yea...

#2. Music. - It serves as of my main sources of inspiration that I draw from...

#3. Money. - Well duh, any entrepreneur is in it to make money, the GOOD ones however know how to combine this selfish desire with fulfilling the needs/wants of the market of course ;)

No women/sex, partying or anything...just those above things :) M.O.B. Forever ;) (+speed for those of you who know what that means, lol)

Stay Tuned, (or subscribed rather) for the next update! :D

P.S. The following threads serve as some of the inspiration for the thread....

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/yo...lan/513-3-000-1-000-000-15-months-how-do.html

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/ge...9-hustlers-guide-buying-selling-anything.html

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/yo...multiply-100-buying-reselling-craigslist.html

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
subscribed! wish you all the best!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Now it's go time. You just bashed all of the action fakers, and have given yourself no way out. If you haven't made your million by next year, then that means you're an action faker by your own definition. Good luck! Make it happen!

I agree, those are three great threads.

ashj1893

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 14, 2011
Now it's go time. You just bashed all of the action fakers, and have given yourself no way out. If you haven't made your million by next year, then that means you're an action faker by your own definition. Good luck! Make it happen!

There's no excuses for failure if you ask me...I've just talked a big game, and now I've gotta back it up. :D

Also, for those of you who like rap....been listening to this for HOURS..literally...

[video=youtube;cr-Lj9TnJOE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr-Lj9TnJOE[/video]

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Good luck!

One huge tip: record every dime you spend and every dime you make. If you buy food, write it down. If you get paid, write it down. If your mom gives you $20 for your birthday, write it down. No income is disposable at your level and you have to know where all of your money is going and where all of your money is coming from.

You've got the drive to succeed, so even though your real estate flips didn't work out, it doesn't mean that you won't end up scoring a deal later on.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
Ashj i read about your story and must say that it is really touching!
Great your you will share you progress in this thread and i wish you all the best! I really believe that you can make it!
I will love to read about your progress.

Go hard bro!

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Wish you best, go get it!

And great music taste always:)

No women/sex

Just this one I don't agree completely. When I lived out of my $500 car, I womanized like crazy:)
Maybe survival instinct kicked in. And it's healthy to get some sex and tenderness.

Crazy, but when you got nothing - chances are great to end up with women who love you for you,
and give you genuine support & love. Btw. a GF borrowed me that $500 for a junk car. Of course
I later repaid her - but I'll never be able to repay those sandwiches she made me, and love she gave
me when life was biting hard.

I feel your story to the max. because I've been there, you're in a cruel situation my bro,
so don't dismiss having someone in your life if you wish to.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
I see these type threads a lot.

Turning $35 into $1,000,000 in 12 months...

I would like to say Good Luck, You Can Do it, etc..

I just can't. Not to be negative, $1,000,000 dollars is tough to make. That is why it takes most Slowlaners 20-40 years to earn 1 million bucks.

Now you think you can do it, no experience, no job, no computer, etc. in 12 months. Amazing.

Can it be done? I am Sure it can.

Can 99.9999% of the people out there do it? Nope.

If I wanted to make 1,000,000 in the next year, my first idea wouldn't be to go get a part time job and flip old computer games.

Make a living first, then go make your millions.

Tony71

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Mar 21, 2011
Irvine, CA
I agree here, I seen so mant posts like this and it is usually from the younger crowd and it seems they are to
focused on making millions and not focused on bringing value to the people, that alone is a faliure.

I hate to say this but I doubt he will make a million by next year, the reason being is he is not even thinking about
bringing value but thinking about making million for himself.

I just can't. Not to be negative, $1,000,000 dollars is tough to make. That is why it takes most Slowlaners 20-40 years to earn 1 million bucks.

Now you think you can do it, no experience, no job, no computer, etc. in 12 months. Amazing.

If I wanted to make 1,000,000 in the next year, my first idea wouldn't be to go get a part time job and flip old computer games.

ashj1893

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 14, 2011

$1,000,000 is EASY to make, it just takes a lot of work. It's how you think about things that makes a huge difference. Slowlaners have the formula all wrong, which is why they fail. I don't "think" I can do anything, I KNOW what I'm doing(although I might make mistakes along the way I still know what I'm doing, which is traveling along the Fastlane), doubters are telling me different, I know WHERE I'm going. Also..I'm getting a job VERY soon, and I have a laptop already, about to get a second one. Also, I actually do have some experience, albeit in between episodes of homelessness, but experience nonetheless. If you ask me my rough experiences make me more likely to succeed, as I'm already fine tuned to handling failure after failure, and I'm literally in a situation where being successful is my only option. Many of those 99.999% of people out there CAN do it, but many of them choose NOT to.

What you don't realize is that having a Part Time Job will actually make me money and free me up time in the future(no rules and restrictions to deal with at Housing Program if I'm in my own apartment), and that flipping old video games will soon scale into a 5 figure a month income for me...

You also didn't realize that I'm taking many different avenues towards building this wealth either, did you?

ashj1893

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 14, 2011
I agree here, I seen so mant posts like this and it is usually from the younger crowd and it seems they are to
focused on making millions and not focused on bringing value to the people, that alone is a faliure.

I hate to say this but I doubt he will make a million by next year, the reason being is he is not even thinking about
bringing value but thinking about making million for himself.

Oh yea, you seem to have overlooked this part....

ashj1893 said:
Well duh, any entrepreneur is in it to make money, the GOOD ones however know how to combine this selfish desire with fulfilling the needs/wants of the market of course ;)

ashj1893

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 14, 2011
So ANYWAY....today was an AMAZING day of bootstrapping...I pulled in two deals for a combined $28.00 that can easily net me about $120+ in just a few hours of work, from "old computer games". :D I look forward to picking up the games tomorrow probably in the A.M. :) But of course, I have to actually SEAL these deals a.k.a. get the products in my hands and my cash into theirs. Will be updating tomorrow to share how it goes....:D

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
You also didn't realize that I'm taking many different avenues towards building this wealth either, did you?

Exactly, if anyone wanted to make millions they would have one single plan, not a bunch of small plans pieced together.

Let's revisit this thread in say 90 days and see where you are at. First, a 5 figure income will not get you to a million. Second, please outline how flipping games will get you there. Do some math and timeline planning and see at what point you will have $10,000 in the bank.

ashj1893

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 14, 2011
Exactly, if anyone wanted to make millions they would have one single plan, not a bunch of small plans pieced together.

Maybe those "small plans" are actually being used to fund a bigger project? Maybe I'm actually working on things that I didn't want to share just yet? Maybe I maintained all of the "money" contacts from Real Estate and will be using them as well? And that what I outlined wasn't the full plan?

Oh well..F*ck talking about doing it, I'll just show all the naysayers I'm doing it when they see my results. Not gonna take any offense though, no reason to. An opinion is an opinion. Everyone has their own insights based on their own observations, thought process, experience. I mean, Thick Skin is required for those who attain Billions anyway, right? :)

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
You get angry but a couple people who replied here are ones who already succeeded in the fastlane. They have been there/done that. Everything you seem to be so confident about you haven't done yet. You are counting your money before its in the bank. I'm not trying to say you can't, I hope you do, but the way you talk and your attitude sounds like you already made a million.

ashj1893

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 14, 2011
You get angry but a couple people who replied here are ones who already succeeded in the fastlane. They have been there/done that. Everything you seem to be so confident about you haven't done yet. You are counting your money before its in the bank. I'm not trying to say you can't, I hope you do, but the way you talk and your attitude sounds like you already made a million.

I'm NOT angry. However, to hear have people whom doubt me is further motivation to prove myself right and them wrong. There's nothing wrong with acting as if I've already made a million..my mindset is already set on making much more than that. I'm not going to "defend" myself by talking about how I'm gonna do this and that specifically. I'm instead going to take the both the negative comments and the positive ones in stride and use to as momentum to help drive me to my goal through my ACTIONS, not typing about them and never taking any actions towards them...

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I'm NOT angry. However, to hear have people whom doubt me is further motivation to prove myself right and them wrong. There's nothing wrong with acting as if I've already made a million..my mindset is already set on making much more than that. I'm not going to "defend" myself by talking about how I'm gonna do this and that specifically. I'm instead going to take the both the negative comments and the positive ones in stride and use to as momentum to help drive me to my goal through my ACTIONS, not typing about them and never taking any actions towards them...

It wasn't doubt, it was advice.

Don't forget that those people who are 'doubting' you have all been around the block a few times. I gave you Slowlane advice for a reason: you are trying to ride the Fastlane without so much as a bicycle.

Focus on making $100. Then $1000. Then $3,000. Then a sustainable monthly income. From there, you can build a Fastlane business that can experience exponential growth. But that will take longer than a year.

Now if you had said $10,000 or $100,000 to $1 million in 12 months, that would have been a bit more believable.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I actually read TMF a year ago. It took me a year to get a single customer... a free customer, at that.

I'm not saying your goal isn't possible, I'm saying that it isn't a worthy goal to pursue, especially if you REALLY want to become wealthy.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
$1,000,000 is EASY to make,

What you don't realize is that having a Part Time Job will actually make me money and free me up time in the future(no rules and restrictions to deal with at Housing Program if I'm in my own apartment), and that flipping old video games will soon scale into a 5 figure a month income for me...

Your right. Sorry I doubted you for one second. $1,000,000 is easy to make.

OzGrinder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
There's nothing wrong with acting as if I've already made a million..
Just don't act like you're above everyone else, even if/when you make a million. I read some of your other posts, and there seems to be this attitude that your better than all the slowlaners/sidewalkers because you feel as if you are on the fastlane track... You've had it tougher than many, so I'm not going to comment on that, because I wouldn't even begin to understand.

Reading some of your posts though there was this attitude that kind of came through. Like you're too good for a 'job', that's slowlane so your not interested in one. So as a 'slowlaner' working for a similar type of not for profit organization as was housing you it's kind of insulting. But maybe I just got the wrong perception from your posts, but that's how they came through.

I can assure you that making a million is not easy, even with hard work and knowledge. I can also assure you that there's nothing wrong with having a job, as long as you approach it correctly, a job doesn't have to be for life... From what I've seen there are plenty of people here with full time 'slowlane' jobs launching or working on 'fastlane' businesses in their spare time.

Anyway. I don't think there's anything wrong with aiming for a million in a year, go for it, aim high. Then if you only end up with 20k banked after that year that's still pretty good! So don't be discouraged if you don't reach your goal because 1 mil in a year is massively ambitious. Definately go for it though!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
IThere's nothing wrong with acting as if I've already made a million..my mindset is already set on making much more than that.

This is the problem. WTF is acting like you've made a million? First of all, people act "as if" they have a shitload of money all the time. Everyone does that, so acting like you've made a million means that you are just like everybody else. We are trying to tell you that just "acting" or "saying" that you are going to make a million doesn't mean shit. Everyone's mindset is usually set on making a ton of money.

I'm glad you think that making a million is easy. I know it's wrong of us to shoot down dreams. I would be very happy if you prove me wrong in 12 months. I really would. :)

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm having a very hard time understanding how your are going to make $2,739.73 A DAY for 365 days straight right off the phucking bat selling something bought off a secondary market. Help me out because i'm in much pain.

I'm gonna call you out on your bluff. I think this is one of those action-fake threads where there is no clearly defined/reasonable plan on how to add value to consumers in compensation for cash money.

Being able to add $1 million dollars worth of demandable value to society in one year takes a long a$$ time of due process before hand(Hard work, Application of knowledge).

I would set a goal of say $5k or $10k. That would be more realistic. That would be something to be very proud of because most people have a negative net worth.

Bro, I want you to be very rich. But I think your not facing the facts. The Fastlane is all about mathematics, and I bet you haven't crunched any numbers.

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
$1,000,000 is EASY to make

You can say that when you have $1,000,000. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Jack's advice is dead on. He is not saying you can't. You need to manage your expectations to a realistic level. Then when you surpass these, all the better.

'm gonna call you out on your bluff. I think this is one of those action-fake threads where there is no clearly defined/reasonable plan on how to add value to consumers in compensation for cash money.

/agree

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
@threadstarter: The biggest mistake you can make while trying to earn millions is NOT to listen to guys who already did it.

If you think you know it all and your ego is in your way, you've already lost.

Start again by asking 10 people who are already rich what they think of your plan.

If 9 out 10 tell you your plan will probably fail AND you don't get upset EMOTIONAL, you are on a better way.

If you start argueing just because you want to think you know it all, it's the wrong way.

You want successful people to like you and help you. You want Michael Jordan to help you become a pro basketball player and pass you his knowledge. And that won't happen by trying to telling Michael Jordan how the game of basketball is played and you know it better.

Listen. Trash your ego. Re-Work your plan.

Watch this: If it's not a hit, switch on Vimeo

PS. Jack's words 'make a living first, then go make your millions.' is absolute GOLDEN - think about this one, it means a lot.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.