- Joined
- Jul 29, 2008
- Messages
- 2,044
Rep Bank
$1,155
$1,155
User Power: 10%
I had a good chuckle today. I had to meet our plumber over at the used house I'm trying to get rid of to help him with the furnace. The most likely 80 year old original former coal now oil furnace was well old, which up here is a major turn off to buyers, more so now since it costs $800 to fill the tank. So I'm replacing it with a modern effecient gas furnace. Anyway the gas furnace was to big of a job to get into the basement for one person, so I brought the plumber help, me and another guy who works with us. The guy that works for us and the plumber got it down without any damage to themselves or the furnace, my ankle is messed up so I was of limited help. After that our helper had to take off so I was stuck helping the plumber. He needed my help to move the old furnace and put the new one on its concrete slab. Everything else he can do himself. So we disconnect the old furnace and than the two of us try to lift it...no dice, probably weighs 700 pounds.
issed: Now its 7pm and I have been on various job sites since 7:30 this morning, and have accounting homework.:cuss: Hmm we take the outside apart(with brute force) to get to the cast iron core, hmmm, bet we can tip it off the slab with a good push now...1,2,3 push and over it goes! It splits open and 80 years worth of coal/oil/dust goes everywhere, and we look like coal miners.
As we choke he is like this isn't like on TV. I started cracking up and said maybe I should just drive around in a shiney new SUV dressed in horrible $100 shirts and crazy expensive shoes that don't belong on a jobsite, so I can yell at people like on TV. Ahhh Hollywood.
Real estate is a fun, dirty, hands on business. Now I have one hell of a mess to clean up tomarrow morning! OMFG the soot is everywhere! And its mixed with water/oil/blood on the floor now.:smx8:
I also found the PO's home made wine stash, should have drank it.:smx6:
Real estate is a fun, dirty, hands on business. Now I have one hell of a mess to clean up tomarrow morning! OMFG the soot is everywhere! And its mixed with water/oil/blood on the floor now.:smx8:
I also found the PO's home made wine stash, should have drank it.:smx6:
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
