The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reading biographies gives insight on the PROCESS instead of the EVENT

Anything related to matters of the mind

emavery176

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 21, 2023
Hello everyone,

One of the most profound lessons I remember from MJ's book is focusing on processes instead of events. I've noticed that most Wikipedia, Newsweek, Forbes, etc. articles are event instead of process-based. The features focus on the entrepreneur's net worth and perhaps only 2-3 sentences on the process.

I recently discovered that reading biographies (especially those written by the entrepreneur) gives better insight into the process that led to the event (a buyout, going public, etc.).

A great book I'm reading now in my spare time is Becoming Trader Joe: How I Did Business My Way and Still Beat the Big Guys by Joe Coulumbe.

Although my niche differs from Joe's (I work in luxury reselling), much of the book discusses providing excellent customer service and staying on top of marketing and sales trends to keep in touch with your target audience. I also noticed that he embraces problems and sees them as growth opportunities instead of obstacles.

Anyway, I'll return to unsubscribing from Inc. Magazine and Forbes emails. I hope this helps.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I'm a big fan of biographies. Everyone does things differently. Not every business hurdle has a "by the book" answer. As a matter of fact, few do.

Strategy is an art not a science. "Observing" the greats teaches art.

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
Hello everyone,

One of the most profound lessons I remember from MJ's book is focusing on processes instead of events. I've noticed that most Wikipedia, Newsweek, Forbes, etc. articles are event instead of process-based. The features focus on the entrepreneur's net worth and perhaps only 2-3 sentences on the process.

I recently discovered that reading biographies (especially those written by the entrepreneur) gives better insight into the process that led to the event (a buyout, going public, etc.).

A great book I'm reading now in my spare time is Becoming Trader Joe: How I Did Business My Way and Still Beat the Big Guys by Joe Coulumbe.

Although my niche differs from Joe's (I work in luxury reselling), much of the book discusses providing excellent customer service and staying on top of marketing and sales trends to keep in touch with your target audience. I also noticed that he embraces problems and sees them as growth opportunities instead of obstacles.

Anyway, I'll return to unsubscribing from Inc. Magazine and Forbes emails. I hope this helps.
Agree 110%.
Most people around us revere people at there EVENT stage. Nobody thinks deeper as to what all the PROCESSES involved that led upto that event. It actually pisses me off, but hey, that's life and this is human nature.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.