Fastlane Community, I seek advice.
I am trying to start a clothing company for young adult males and have hit multiple speed bumps on the way and need advice/mentor.
First and foremost the product:
1. I have 4 different lines. I need patterns, markets, CAD, and Techpackages. Do you have any tips, I have a place that can do patterns and techpackages but not markers.
2. I don't know where to get a good factory and a fabric vendor that is close and for a good price also need buttons for the shirt.
3. My current price for one of the shirts is 12.50 for 100 and 5$/yard for fabric. How can I lower these margins?
4. Does anyone have a factory in mind that makes T-shirts?
Second:
1. I want to run a kickstarter campaign but don't want to fail, has anyone done this successfully and would like to mentor me, if it helps I can give 5% of profit on kickstarter as compensation. I really want to run an amazing campaign asking for ~10,000. I have an investor that can probably put 1/10 and might have another so I can get 20% of the funds needed.
2. I have a landing page and would just like someones opinion on content and what not.
3. My website is under construction like always and needs some final touches, can someone give me assistance/perspective on this as well?
Third:
1. I want custom labels, custom boxes, and custom coozies, pens, thank you cards, and other little trinkets where can I get some of this?
2. I have patterns, techpackage, markers all done for one product (the main one that is really custom and unique, pretty much our brand shirt), to sample run this it will probably cost me ~100$
Anyways, I have done a lot of work on my own to make this happen and I just need help closing loose ends and finally finishing this.
Who ever can contribute even a sentence of information thank you, every thing I can learn is valuable. I was hoping to launch this by this month but too much has happened, my business partner has quit/fired because he didnt contribute much, and I just need some assistance with any information.
Thank you Fastlaners I appreciate it!
I am trying to start a clothing company for young adult males and have hit multiple speed bumps on the way and need advice/mentor.
First and foremost the product:
1. I have 4 different lines. I need patterns, markets, CAD, and Techpackages. Do you have any tips, I have a place that can do patterns and techpackages but not markers.
2. I don't know where to get a good factory and a fabric vendor that is close and for a good price also need buttons for the shirt.
3. My current price for one of the shirts is 12.50 for 100 and 5$/yard for fabric. How can I lower these margins?
4. Does anyone have a factory in mind that makes T-shirts?
Second:
1. I want to run a kickstarter campaign but don't want to fail, has anyone done this successfully and would like to mentor me, if it helps I can give 5% of profit on kickstarter as compensation. I really want to run an amazing campaign asking for ~10,000. I have an investor that can probably put 1/10 and might have another so I can get 20% of the funds needed.
2. I have a landing page and would just like someones opinion on content and what not.
3. My website is under construction like always and needs some final touches, can someone give me assistance/perspective on this as well?
Third:
1. I want custom labels, custom boxes, and custom coozies, pens, thank you cards, and other little trinkets where can I get some of this?
2. I have patterns, techpackage, markers all done for one product (the main one that is really custom and unique, pretty much our brand shirt), to sample run this it will probably cost me ~100$
Anyways, I have done a lot of work on my own to make this happen and I just need help closing loose ends and finally finishing this.
Who ever can contribute even a sentence of information thank you, every thing I can learn is valuable. I was hoping to launch this by this month but too much has happened, my business partner has quit/fired because he didnt contribute much, and I just need some assistance with any information.
Thank you Fastlaners I appreciate it!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
