The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Someone who says “I am busy” is either declaring incompetence (and lack of control of his life) or trying to get rid of you.
Same with “I don’t have time”.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Lol REDDIT!!!! I love going on this site from time to time when I need to stretch out my jaw by having it repeatedly hit the floor
https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/comments/q8lyds View: https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/comments/q8lyds/but_your_passion_is_working_until_you_die_right/

Read some of those comments.

It just angers me when they say that because for the vast majority of them you know it's disingenuous. The CEO and the assembly line employee under him both work 60 hour weeks, but trying to compare the amount of work, the productivity, and the negative impacts that 60 hours has on the body is so vastly different that trying to compare them is insane.

One of those jobs a child or a robot could do. One of them 99% of the population would shun because it is too hard or "I don't know how to do that".

Ahh Reddit, polluting the minds of the planet since its inception

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'm currently in Lanzarote in the Canary Islands, an archipelago that belongs to Spain. I spent roughly two months last year in continental Spain in the fall so I knew they had a crazy mask fetish. Coming here to the islands, I expected way more c-vid madness than in Poland where most people don't care at all. But I'm still shocked by it.

Consider stuff like:
  • Elementary school kids (maybe 7-8 years old) play soccer in masks. It's 25 degrees Celsius, full sun, 83% of the population is vaxinated, there are 166 cases out of a population of 150,000 (so 0.1%) with just 4 people hospitalized and they're freaking KIDS (immune to c-vid) playing SOCCER in HEAT. I seriously can't believe what is going on here. What is the point? How can they not see it's plain torture and utter idiocy?
  • People walking in the countryside with nobody anywhere around wearing masks outside, even though it's not mandatory or doesn't even make any sense whatsoever.
  • Teenagers coming back home from school still wearing masks. They're completely obedient and it looks like they don't even mind it anymore. Talk about beating down a rebellious spirit.
  • People wearing masks outside talking with each other in super close proximity, hugging themselves, pecking on the cheeks, etc. What is the point of that mask?
  • People driving cars who are STILL wearing masks. This is at least somewhat useful as you can tell who's a shitty driver (usually those driving with masks on have low IQ).
I seriously can't understand this. Are people really still that afraid of it? Do they actually like restricting their breathing? Do they even know why they're wearing it? (as a side note, I consider masks BS as it's been shown over and over again in various countries they have no impact whatsoever).

As a side note, I'm starting to think that countries with such gullible and obedient population are destined to suffer a lot in the coming years. I definitely prefer places where people are still able to think for themselves.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I'm currently in Lanzarote in the Canary Islands, an archipelago that belongs to Spain. I spent roughly two months last year in continental Spain in the fall so I knew they had a crazy mask fetish. Coming here to the islands, I expected way more c-vid madness than in Poland where most people don't care at all. But I'm still shocked by it.

Consider stuff like:
  • Elementary school kids (maybe 7-8 years old) play soccer in masks. It's 25 degrees Celsius, full sun, 83% of the population is vaxinated, there are 166 cases out of a population of 150,000 (so 0.1%) with just 4 people hospitalized and they're freaking KIDS (immune to c-vid) playing SOCCER in HEAT. I seriously can't believe what is going on here. What is the point? How can they not see it's plain torture and utter idiocy?
  • People walking in the countryside with nobody anywhere around wearing masks outside, even though it's not mandatory or doesn't even make any sense whatsoever.
  • Teenagers coming back home from school still wearing masks. They're completely obedient and it looks like they don't even mind it anymore. Talk about beating down a rebellious spirit.
  • People wearing masks outside talking with each other in super close proximity, hugging themselves, pecking on the cheeks, etc. What is the point of that mask?
  • People driving cars who are STILL wearing masks. This is at least somewhat useful as you can tell who's a shitty driver (usually those driving with masks on have low IQ).
I seriously can't understand this. Are people really still that afraid of it? Do they actually like restricting their breathing? Do they even know why they're wearing it? (as a side note, I consider masks BS as it's been shown over and over again in various countries they have no impact whatsoever).

As a side note, I'm starting to think that countries with such gullible and obedient population are destined to suffer a lot in the coming years. I definitely prefer places where people are still able to think for themselves.
How dare you question the mandatory uniform! Evidently birds are racist just like you! :rofl:

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
There is a trend to refer to the internet as "wifi".

I dread the day I see someone talk about a wired wifi connection. It's coming. I know it is.

Christ.

Use a dictionary.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
There is a trend to refer to the internet as "wifi".

I dread the day I see someone talk about a wired wifi connection. It's coming. I know it is.

Christ.

Use a dictionary.
Then I guess you'll have an embolism if whilst in a coffee shop, you overhear someone ask for a wired wi-fi because it's safer, as they need to enter their PIN number to pay for their drink.
A white Americano

PS, it's hear someone talk

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México

Consider stuff like:

All of this mask madness makes me want to move out into the jungle and never come back......

the horror.gif

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada

I was a low iq person who drove with my mask on and still ended up getting the rona anyways. :rofl:

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK

I was surprised by the amount of people wearing masks in 35C heat in Madrid over summer too. Luckily two days before my visit they got rid of the outdoor requirement, most Spaniards still chose to wear them though.

There were protests against communism, China, and the covid approach daily, but with less than a dozen people each time, sometimes just one person. Weird vibes!

Enjoy your time in Lanzarote :clench:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

Consider stuff like:

Don’t know, me personally I’ve been very careful with wearing the mask and did not get covid thus far. I have read data that FFP2 and FFP3 are quite good at protecting you from catching the virus, and again, it makes sense that it would protect you. The point isn’t necessarily to filter out the virus, but to filter out other components that the virus needs in order to be infectious (for example moisture).

I don’t mind obligatory mask wear, but obligatory vaxlnation, that’s where I draw the line.

That being said mask wear wasn’t obligatory here until recently, and I still wore mine.

I would not wear the mask while running, etc. even climbing 7-8 floors with the mask on is very draining.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Okay, clearly I missed something.

I don't want to open a can of worms here or get into a huge debate or anything but what's with the words "v.a.c.c.i.n.e." and "c.o.v.i.d." being converted into distorted versions on the forum? I checked the news section and didn't see anything.

It looks ridiculous/obnoxious to me, but perhaps there's a logical reason about search engines or unwanted attention or something. Just curious.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

I don't want to open a can of worms here or get into a huge debate or anything but what's with the words "v.a.c.c.i.n.e." and "c.o.v.i.d." being converted into distorted versions on the forum? I checked the news section and didn't see anything.

It looks ridiculous/obnoxious to me, but perhaps there's a logical reason about search engines or unwanted attention or something. Just curious.
It’s to keep the terms out of the search engines.

Funny things seem to happen to places that allow free speech in regards to the vaccine. It’s now an unspeakable.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Google and Big Brother will bring the iron fist down on websites that discuss these topics.

It’s censored for a good reason.

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Jul 9, 2018

Consider stuff like:

The word "Obedience" sums it up.

I am from India where the majority of population consider "24/7 news channels" as their trusted source of information and that the government acts in good faith.

"If a doctor says something on TV we should follow. Who are you to question it? are you a doctor?"

"Look how hard our government works for us in these troubled times. Please wear your mask and make sure it covers your nose as well".

Obedience is easy for the majority. No thinking required on their part. Just follow the instructions and everything will be ok. It's one of the scripts used by the few to control the masses (religion, military, etc).

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
Teenagers coming back home from school still wearing masks. They're completely obedient and it looks like they don't even mind it anymore. Talk about beating down a rebellious spirit.

This might be the part that worries me the most. I regularly noticed here families walking around with no one but the kids and teenagers wearing that shit. There were lots of 30-60 yo at the protests, very few under 30. The future seems bright...

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
This might be the part that worries me the most. I regularly noticed here families walking around with no one but the kids and teenagers wearing that shit. There were lots of 30-60 yo at the protests, very few under 30. The future seems bright...
You have to remember those who are teens now have grown up with these filters affecting the way they think ever since they were 8/9. Many teens wouldn't think of taking a photo without a filter so have seen themselves with bigger eyes, smoother skin, and masks over their faces thousands of times (even before 2020) messing with their beauty standards and self-image:
MIvu9v1.jpg

I'm so grateful Snapchat only got popular as I was starting my final year

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Lol suing the government in their own courts. A terrible conflict of interest.

We should make our own court and sue them and charge them with crimes.
Something something Oliver Cromwell...

Lol in Malaysia here, everyone has to wear masks outdoors.

But in parks, I see folks just throw away the masks for jogging and picnics. Fresh air is always good (stagnant air in enclosed homes of quarantined folks might spread the virus more easily)

Teenagers coming back home from school still wearing masks. They're completely obedient and it looks like they don't even mind it anymore. Talk about beating down a rebellious spirit.
Almost everything in school beats down a rebellious spirit these days. Some says it's just to foster discipline...but the older you get, the more you question stuff. Discipline is useless if it's turned into a tool to lead away brainless, clueless kids.

I was shocked to find some countries like China basically trap folks in school nearly all day...
I hear some Chinese provinces are working on different ways to ease the school system (not forgetting the crackdowns on educational companies)...but it might be too late.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6RlWqL2W8Y

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
My SIL is a FA for SWA.... can confirm the strike.... they are mandating a deadline for all FA's be v'd by.... wait for it... Nov 24th. This will go well. I'm sure of it.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Today on lessons in humility: getting roughed up at kickboxing by a girl and a dude with a binky.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Trigger warning: blood-curdling rage inducing content below.

One neat thing that the British did was create laws specifically so that they could make money from throwing people jail.

They brought that to the US, a practice which continues to this day in the "for profit prison system."

And get this: they do it to children too! See below:

View: https://twitter.com/bykenarmstrong/status/1446505198516535297

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igoy0sq4noQ

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.