The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
I absolutely cannot believe there is a market and people are purchasing "mouse movers" on amazon. Small devices that cause your mouse to randomly move to make it appear that you are at your desk.

There is so much to unpack here.

The fact that people can get their work done, but their management requires them to be at their computers and "active" is a sad state of where we are. Personally, if people are getting the work done I don't care if they work 20 hours or 50 hours. As long as the things that need to be done are being completed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I absolutely cannot believe there is a market and people are purchasing "mouse movers" on amazon. Small devices that cause your mouse to randomly move to make it appear that you are at your desk.

The fact that people can get their work done, but their management requires them to be at their computers and "active" is a sad state of where we are. Personally, if people are getting the work done I don't care if they work 20 hours or 50 hours. As long as the things that need to be done are being completed.
The problem is, most people are NOT getting work done and are using mouse movers to make it seem like they're working which is even more sad.

My cousins were "bragging" about how they have auto clickers to make it seem like they're working while they're playing Xbox or scrolling their lives away on Tik Tok.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

How can't you believe this? 80% of adults are overweight, and 45%+ of adults are obese.

America is a land of lazy morons.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Question: do y’all feel like you have to go to a specific location to succeed in your business? Why, or why not?

Do you operate all online from a small town in the middle of nowhere? Did you move to an office in the heart of the big city?

Maybe your business requires industrial zoning or agricultural land.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Question: do y’all feel like you have to go to a specific location to succeed in your business? Why, or why not?

Do you operate all online from a small town in the middle of nowhere? Did you move to an office in the heart of the big city?

Maybe your business requires industrial zoning or agricultural land.

Yes. You have to be in the vicinity of winners, no matter what business you are.

"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together."

Greatness is a group effort.

Digressing from winners to losers - purge all losers from your life. Specifically, men who lose their spine when they start getting laid - losers x100 who will eventually lose their woman as a result of their bad habits.

View: https://twitter.com/grecian_the/status/1407370105751707652

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Yes. You have to be in the vicinity of winners, no matter what business you are.

"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together."

Greatness is a group effort.

Digressing from winners to losers - purge all losers from your life. Specifically, men who lose their spine when they start getting laid - losers x100 who will eventually lose their woman as a result of their bad habits.

View: https://twitter.com/grecian_the/status/1407370105751707652
What is the meaning of this odd text that this anonymous Twitter bro posted?

“don’t go to ___’s wedding” ??

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
What is the meaning of this odd text that this anonymous Twitter bro posted?

“don’t go to ___’s wedding” ??
Some loser is trying to get him to not go to the wedding? That’s as far as my hugely creative brain takes me.

Has me stumped.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I’m surprised it took this long for the downgrade.

Führer Andrews has been no friend of freedom. He is like Andrew Cuomo from the Outback, because everything in the Outback is seemingly 10x more hardcore than in America. Except our violent inner cities, we still win at that (only because the Outback doesn’t have violent inner cities, but if it did…) :oops:

:rofl:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I’m surprised it took this long for the downgrade.

Führer Andrews has been no friend of freedom. He is like Andrew Cuomo from the Outback, because everything in the Outback is seemingly 10x more hardcore than in America. Except our violent inner cities, we still win at that (only because the Outback doesn’t have violent inner cities, but if it did…) :oops:

:rofl:

Yes, he is a piece of work, but the opposition isn't the best either.
His opposition in the liberal party has been in power for most of the last 25 years, but the labour party cops blame everything.

I expect the liberals to dominate power as they control the media with their good mate Rupert Murdoch at the helm of Murdoch Media. Murdoch media own basically every news outlet in this country...

We have the clowns at parliament F*cking hookers in the prayer room and a rapist known as Christian Porter, who has so much power that he can stay elected under the liberals. The girl he supposedly raped has killed herself due to threats.

Our Prime Minister is a member of a church cult that believes that those that are rich should go to heaven and those that are poor deserve to go to hell.

How great is our democracy?

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Yes, he is a piece of work, but the opposition isn't the best either.
His opposition in the liberal party has been in power for most of the last 25 years, but the labour party cops blame everything.

I expect the liberals to dominate power as they control the media with their good mate Rupert Murdoch at the helm of Murdoch Media. Murdoch media own basically every news outlet in this country...

We have the clowns at parliament f*cking hookers in the prayer room and a rapist known as Christian Porter, who has so much power that he can stay elected under the liberals. The girl he supposedly raped has killed herself due to threats.

Our Prime Minister is a member of a church cult that believes that those that are rich should go to heaven and those that are poor deserve to go to hell.

How great is our democracy?
Shit I thought America was whack.

You should hop on over here and stay with us until we jump ship from this up and coming cesspool.

Never mind, it’s the same here. We’re doomed.

I’m thinking living somewhere remote like the Andes might not be such a bad take after all. I hear guinea pigs are quite the delicacy. Beats insects.

Do guinea pigs fart methane?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Shit I thought America was whack.

You should hop on over here and stay with us until we jump ship from this up and coming cesspool.

Never mind, it’s the same here. We’re doomed.

I’m thinking living somewhere remote like the Andes might not be such a bad take after all. I hear guinea pigs are quite the delicacy. Beats insects.

I see what's going on in America and can see it's much worse.
I know it is as my uncle is living in Australia again now after residing in America for the last 12 years.
Australia is cooked also, so it isn't anything to rave about. This country is in a downward spiral aswell as the United States.

The whole world seems like shit if I am being honest. Where else can you go?
Freedom is being destroyed everywhere.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I see what's going on in America and can see it's much worse.
I know it is as my uncle is living in Australia again now after residing in America for the last 12 years.
Australia is cooked also, so it isn't anything to rave about. This country is in a downward spiral aswell as the United States.

The whole world seems like shit if I am being honest.
The West is attempting to consolidate power as it grasps onto whatever it can remain in control of. We’re cooked, spent and blown. It’s over. The next 10 years are just going to be a new charade of fake dominance. I suspect there are Western hidden powers that wish to gain control of the US nuclear arsenal to intimidate the East as we go through this transition.

The big money is moving East. We will descend into technocrat hell while the East prospers, also living in a technocrat hell. Perhaps the next American Revolution will occur somewhere in the East, it sure as hell won’t be in the West.

South America will be where it’s at. Or perhaps Antarctica. I prefer to not freeze my a$$ off, however.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
The West is attempting to consolidate power as it grasps onto whatever it can remain in control of. We’re cooked, spent and blown. It’s over. The next 10 years are just going to be a new charade of fake dominance. I suspect there are Western hidden powers that wish to gain control of the US nuclear arsenal to intimidate the East as we go through this transition.

The big money is moving East. We will descend into technocrat hell while the East prospers, also living in a technocrat hell. Perhaps the next American Revolution will occur somewhere in the East, it sure as hell won’t be in the West.

South America will be where it’s at. Or perhaps Antarctica. I prefer to not freeze my a$$ off, however.

Yeh probably.
If the Liberals get re-elected with Scott Morisson at the helm yet again it will be the nail in the coffin for Australia.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Yeh probably.
If the Liberals get re-elected with Scott Morisson at the helm yet again it will be the nail in the coffin for Australia.
The parallels between our countries are uncanny.

Coincidence?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
The parallels between our countries are uncanny.

Coincidence?

Yeh, it is messed up.
Both parties here want to destroy freedom.
Australia has nothing going for it except for a property bubble and having lots of coal.
We basically produce NOTHING and import everything.

John Howard was the start of Australia down fall, a liberal pm. He sold shit load of Australia's infrastructure and this has been the trend with the libs since.

Our state PM Mr Andrews has sold us down the river to China as well.
Doomed we are, but it might just take a bit longer than the USA.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I am finding out there is no worst feeling in life than the one of being dependent on someone else to earn money.

I feel like a slave.

And since the mere fact of existing costs money, anyone who can't find time or a way to earn an income by himself remains at the mercy of who pays him his salary.

I need to get out of this situation asap.
Existence doesn't cost money. People can live under shrubs and eat seeds, and they are still the same people.

Always be a peer, no matter how low you (falsely) imagine your position to be. You stand on the same ground as anyone, if you can look into their eyes.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Yeh, it is messed up.
Both parties here want to destroy freedom.
Australia has nothing going for it except for a property bubble and having lots of coal.
We basically produce NOTHING and import everything.

John Howard was the start of Australia down fall, a liberal pm. He sold shit load of Australia's infrastructure and this has been the trend with the libs since.

Our state PM Mr Andrews has sold us down the river to China as well.
Doomed we are, but it might just take a bit longer than the USA.
Sounds like our countries are on parallel paths. Sadly I think they may go in a similar timeframe, as with Europe.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Libertarians of the fastlane (big L or little l) - and honestly anyone who has an opinion - what do you think about this issue...

My local city council is having a lot of tension over a law that prohibits property owners from parking their vehicles in their yard(s). They say it devalues the property and makes the city look like trash, which is kind of understandable.

Others (myself included) say it is your property and you should be able to do with it what you please (it's hard to explain when the other group just says you want the town to look like trash - which I don't).

Looking for your best takes ;-)

@Kak looking at you brother hahaha

Thieves exercising stolen dominion over other people's property. If you're going to steal from people, at least have the decency to do it the old fashioned way. The systematic method of theft, using so-called government and false consent, is disgusting. Look up "Anatomy of the State," and read it a few times.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I am finding out there is no worst feeling in life than the one of being dependent on someone else to earn money.

I feel like a slave.

And since the mere fact of existing costs money, anyone who can't find time or a way to earn an income by himself remains at the mercy of who pays him his salary.

I need to get out of this situation asap.
You can make a lot of money working for someone else. It’s the same principle as owning a business. You must provide value. Either to your customer, or to your company.

If you can’t kill it in your job, how can you make it on your own?

I can’t speak for @MJ DeMarco but I bet he was a kickass limo driver.

The upside for a limo driver isn’t very high, don’t get me wrong, but he didn’t get to where he is by being a slouch, ever.

If I had to guess, he was providing big value all along, things changed when he nailed the equation. Some things are more valuable than others. It’s a numbers game and the best part of math is multiplication.

A good job that pays you well without sucking all your time can be a launchpad to entrepreneurship. If you can’t launch a business today, for whatever reason, put yourself in a position in a company where you are invaluable. It takes the same discipline and dedication.

It’s all stepping stones.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Today I realized I am in the EXACT same situation I was 365 days ago.

This is depressing.

I found out that:

- The year went by super fast.
- I lost a shit load of time

This is profoundly depressing. I have the same goal I had one year ago and did not move one inch closer to achieve it.

I learned how to do a bunch of stuff, yes, but none of them enabled me to earn the first euro.

I am gonna turn 27 and am about to subrent the student room of a 21-year-old girl to do a job I was doing when I was 23.

I lied on the rental contract to rent it out, cuz it's only for students normally.

This is gonna be the worst summer of my life.

And it's entirely my fault.

Unlike everyone else, you still know your goal. Stop punching yourself in the face. There are other people who can do that. You're on your side, and you're pursuing a goal. Now keep at it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.