The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I don't understand his point. What am I supposed to do about this?

Create a time machine?
No. He is pointing out that it is ridiculous to judge people today based on their ancestors.

The whole point is that it is not your fault what your grandfather, great grandfather, great great grandfather did...

Because we all have horrible evil people in our family trees. It's just dumb to blame people today for things that happened a long time ago.

Like he said, every one of us has slaves, slavers, murderers, thieves, and rapists in our ancestry.

But that's not your fault!

(seriously if you go back far enough, you will find every kind of crazy in your lineage)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
No. He is pointing out that it is ridiculous to judge people today based on their ancestors.

The whole point is that it is not your fault what your grandfather, great grandfather, great great grandfather did...

Because we all have horrible evil people in our family trees. It's just dumb to blame people today for things that happened a long time ago.

Like he said, every one of us has slaves, slavers, murderers, thieves, and rapists in our ancestry.

But that's not your fault!

People pick up some of the mannerisms of their ancestors, so I would be wary of people that had crazies in their family.

But the real thing to remember is that anyone with a victim complex is absolutely worthless and should be totally ignored.

Hard digression - are there nice clothes like button downs and chino shorts that aren't restrictive? I like dressing nice occasionally, but I don't like the idea of being handicapped if someone tries to fight me at a bar.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Hard digression - are there nice clothes like button downs and chino shorts that aren't restrictive? I like dressing nice occasionally, but I don't like the idea of being handicapped if someone tries to fight me at a bar.
I can't imagine anyone ever wanting to fight you. You're such a sweetheart /s

Most bar fights are over in a few punches so just do some shadow boxing when trying on clothes.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I can't imagine anyone ever wanting to fight you. You're such a sweetheart /s

Most bar fights are over in a few punches so just do some shadow boxing when trying on clothes.

Attachments

• mj_laughing.gif
    mj_laughing.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 6

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
@WillHurtDontCare

Google “war machine” for tips on dress code and fights in bars. He had his own clothing line “Alpha Male”. And he sure knew how to fight.

on a second thought, maybe his example is the opposite of what one should do, on account of him spending the rest of his miserable life in prison.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Main motivation for me to be here and want out of my normal role...

Every stupid damn place is open during the same hours of the day!!

How do normal people grocery shop, get their medicine, see the doctor, go to the gym, etc. while also working 9-5 when those places are also open 9-5?

I will never understand the idiots who run a business that is only open while all of their customers are at work. The hours are just stupid!

I mean for instance, a fishing bait place that is only open Monday-Friday from 8-5? What about weekends and early mornings? Stuff like this is just baffling

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
When you’re looking at the customer questions on an Amazon item… I am curious what possesses people to log in to Amazon and answer questions that they don’t know the answer to.

There are thousands of them… “I don’t know.” Thanks… Not.

This is some crazy psychological phenomenon or something.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Books keep you accountable.

I had never realized it up to now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For fun I wrote to a company that makes vending machines in Belgium, asking them how much it would be to purchase one + other info (electricity consumption, price of maintenance, possibility to customize it etc).

I asked for the price + any literature they may have.

They refused to send to me any information.

Instead, they asked for more info...about me: my "company", its name, its tax number, my full name...and told me a salesperson would call me back.

Well, f*ck you, now I know I won't buy anything from you.

All I asked was a catalogue with prices and basic info.
I would have told them as much on the phone.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

When you’re looking at the customer questions on an Amazon item… I am curious what possesses people to log in to Amazon and answer questions that they don’t know the answer to?

This is hilarious and so true

I actually got banned from reviews and answers on Amazon because I gave all my own products 5 stars back when I was doing print on demand in college.

Honestly, it gave me the option, and who reads the entire Amazon terms?

(I quit POD because I was barely making $50 per month with my best selling design and would need 10,000 designs for it to be good)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This is hilarious and so true

I actually got banned from reviews and answers on Amazon because I have all my own products 5 stars back when I was going print on demand in college.

Honestly, it gave me the option, and who reads the entire Amazon terms?
7B2C4194-DBF1-468C-8691-F9FCF3D71D97.jpeg
Jeff Bezos is angry with you

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
When you’re looking at the customer questions on an Amazon item… I am curious what possesses people to log in to Amazon and answer questions that they don’t know the answer to.

I once was buying a dress on Amazon and looking through the questions and reviews to see if someone my height and weight bought it and one of the questions were like 'would this look good on me, I'm 5'11 with a short torso? or something like that and the answer was 'I don't know. I'm a man' Made me lol for days

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Jeffrey "Tuggin" Toobin

b16cda62-37e7-4676-9974-35a01caf10aa5b65db15b6.gif

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
People pick up some of the mannerisms of their ancestors, so I would be wary of people that had crazies in their family.

But the real thing to remember is that anyone with a victim complex is absolutely worthless and should be totally ignored.

Wear a stripper shirt.

It'll look nice, but when you have to flex it will explode off you.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
uhhhh

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
uhhhh

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My new hero.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAOCnDMGdKU

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
It's not the mask-wearing that pisses me off, but the incessant lockdowns.

Malaysia is now in a full lockdown till 14 June because the government caved into 'social outcry'
At first, the government had a more reasonable approach of just having partial lockdowns in heavily-hit areas, plus sending some workers/employees to work-from-home settings. So business could still continue...

Then the social media starting pouring in with tweets on 'road to 10k cases' and '#kerajaangagal'(government fail)

There's plenty to pick with the government, but do people want to be cut down into poverty, just to be safe from a virus that actually has a decent survival rate? I've got a friend who caught COVID, and he recovered in a week with decent rest.

Sadly, most people don't deserve good leaders with strong decisions, because they keep pressuring the ones they already have into making more stupid decisions.

I want a Galt's Gulch to escape to.

You have to wonder how much "social outcry" really exists vs. how much "social outcry" was made up by the Malaysian government as an excuse to take control of the situation and the people.

It's a major opportunity to seize power and take control for public officials. Of course they are going to do it if you let them.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...kdown-extend-two-weeks-jun-15-jun-28-14993456

Welp, Malaysia lockdown just got extended by 2 weeks because 'cases still extend above 5000'.

What kind of bullshit benchmark is that?
These few days, the King is still meeting political leaders from all sides, so the power-grab is pretty desperate here...

I try not to sink myself into politics, but it's making my blood boil.
I find myself fantasizing sudden riots or national civil wars breaking out like what is currently going on in Myanmar...but Malaysians are too F*cking soft to spill blood.

Also reminds me of Ben Settle's current pitches on his new social media platform, SocialLair.
It's the complete opposite of Facebook in the sense the business owners get full control of their data and audience, and SocialLair does not block people, support cancel culture or even sell data unscrupulously.
He kept talking about using business as warfare, and fighting back against the climate of hate and mediocrity with our businesses...but how to do that effectively is another big question.

(You have to pay a fee for access though...I think its $30 for the limited time promo. I think its better than paying FB with my own personal data to spy on me or get hacked)

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
It looks like a few dudes on this forum have existential angst over their entrepreneurial goals. You guys need to mellow out and stop making your issues out to be bigger deals than they are.

There are no guarantees in life. Pursue adventure, take risks, and have a short F*cking memory about failure.

From Felix Dennis in How to Get Rich:

"Albert cares too much (because he is growing desperate in his mid- fifties), and takes himself and his destiny too seriously. I know this because I have got drunk with him a few times - always a good way to really get to know somebody. In vain I have pointed out to him that we are nothing but merchant princes. Who will give a hoot whether we made $10 million or $500 million in a hundred years from now? Nobody will.

Having too much money isn't important. Breaking your neck is important. Getting cancer is important. Having nothing to eat is important. Losing someone you love is important. But too much money is absolutely
not important, it's just a part of the game. As H. L. Mencken put it: 'The chief value of money lies in the tact that one lives in a world in which it is overestimated.'"

From Oscar Wilde:

"A man who takes himself too seriously will find that no one else takes him seriously."

From Nietzsche:

"An inability to take seriously for any length of time their enemies, their disasters, their misdeeds—that is the sign of the full strong natures who possess a superfluidity of moulding plastic force, that heals completely and produces forgetfulness"

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
It looks like a few dudes on this forum have existential angst over their entrepreneurial goals. You guys need to mellow out and stop making your issues out to be bigger deals than they are.

There are no guarantees in life. Pursue adventure, take risks, and have a short f*cking memory about failure.

From Felix Dennis in How to Get Rich:

"Albert cares too much (because he is growing desperate in his mid- fifties), and takes himself and his destiny too seriously. I know this because I have got drunk with him a few times - always a good way to really get to know somebody. In vain I have pointed out to him that we are nothing but merchant princes. Who will give a hoot whether we made $10 million or $500 million in a hundred years from now? Nobody will.

Having too much money isn't important. Breaking your neck is important. Getting cancer is important. Having nothing to eat is important. Losing someone you love is important. But too much money is absolutely
not important, it's just a part of the game. As H. L. Mencken put it: 'The chief value of money lies in the tact that one lives in a world in which it is overestimated.'"

From Oscar Wilde:

"A man who takes himself too seriously will find that no one else takes him seriously."

From Nietzsche:

"An inability to take seriously for any length of time their enemies, their disasters, their misdeeds—that is the sign of the full strong natures who possess a superfluidity of moulding plastic force, that heals completely and produces forgetfulness"
Brother, this is a good post. Thank you!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This video was from 2017 when Quantas CEO was talking on same-sex marriage. Guy smashed pie in his face to protest.

That being said, I imagine worse weapons can be used besides pie…

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
F*ck all of the Covid conspiracy nut jobs. F*ck all of the sheep as well.
If you are either:
A. Extremely against vaccines, masks etc., you are a card-carrying cult member.
B. Extremely for vaccines and masks etc., you are also a card-carrying cult member.

The conviction on both sides is absolutely laughable. I see people share news about vaccines and how terrible they are, like they 100% believe this is a fact. That gets shared by hundreds of thousands, only to research and find out it comes from a propaganda website.

People say vaccines are safe/ not safe. I honestly HAVE NO IDEA.

So in Australia - Out of 3.6 million doses, 210 deaths due to the vaccine. How many deaths if 3.6 million catch covid? I would say much more than 210.

But this also brings into question the validity of the Covid positive cases using PCR. I found conspiracy/whatever you want to call them videos on the inventor saying PCR can basically find anything if you want them to. Still, these are only clips and don't play a full video that can be easily taken out of context.

The problem is, I have no idea what to believe, and both sides of the fence seem like utter nutjobs to me.
The Information is fed to us seems to be the issue.

Last edited:

MA81

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Jan 22, 2013
But this also brings into question the validity of the Covid positive cases using PCR. I found conspiracy/whatever you want to call them videos on the inventor saying PCR can basically find anything if you want them to, but these are only clips and don't play a full video that can be easily taken out of context.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1FXbxDrDrY

Here's an actual interview with Kary Mullis talking about the tests more in depth and about Fauci back in the old days pertaining to the AIDS virus and how that was going to kill 1 out of 5 people on the planet.

I'd say it's a pretty stark contrast compared to this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_FOAWgGlCs

DMNinja

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 14, 2021
Greece/ Cyprus
So my brother was talking with a friend of his. Some of the topics of conversation were being hired to work for the government cause the pay's good (the concept made me seethe inside), talks about cars and nice models (again, made me seethe inside), then talking about finishing his PhD to get a good paying job (more seething because temporal prostitution is lauded and applauded).

After a while I started seething for another reason: My lack of meaningful execution. Although I am in a much better place than where I used to be even one year ago (both physically and mentally), I'm still struggling to shake off the things university tried to engrain within me, and I find it more comfortable to say I'm slowly progressing. However actual sales are $0.

The worst part is, I have no idea how to deal with this dissonance.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.